Volleyball Australia scores with Helloworld
Canberra, Australia, March 18, 2016 - Leading Travel distribution company Helloworld has signed on as the major sponsor of Volleyball Australia for the next four years, delivering a major boost for the national sporting organisation in an Olympic year.
Helloworld and Volleyball Australia have signed a four-year sponsorship deal (Photo: APAC Sport Media)|
The deal which covers the men’s and women’s national teams for both indoor and beach volleyball was announced as Volleyball Australia prepares for one of the biggest beach volleyball events in Australia since the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
Volleyfest will see the helloworld Volleyroos compete in the Four Nations Cup and the Asian Beach Volleyball Championships.
The multi-competition event to be held on Manly Beach from March 18-28 will see 24 international teams competing against the best Australian beach volleyball talent in some serious preparation for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
Helloworld will also support the Australian indoor volleyball teams, as they head to Japan for the Olympic qualifiers in June.
Helloworld Managing Director and CEO, Andrew Burnes, said that Helloworld was excited about partnering with Volleyball Australia.
“Our volleyballers are the quiet achievers of the Australian sporting landscape, yet the prowess of our men’s and women’s national teams is extraordinary,” Mr Burnes said.
“Helloworld is proud to be joining forces with Volleyball Australia and we will be supporting our helloworld Volleyroos with everything we have as we move into this criticial pre-Olympic period and beyond.”
“Helloworld is also enthusiastic about supporting the game at a grassroots level across Australia.”
The helloworld Volleyroos will face off against Japan, Iran and China in June to hopefully book a spot at Rio in August.
Volleyball Australia President Craig Carracher said Helloworld’s sponsorship deal was a major boost to the sport.
“Having an industry leading travel partner like Helloworld come on board and commit for the long-term to supporting volleyball in Australia is fantastic.”
“With the recent inclusion of beach volleyball into the 2018 Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast, the helloworld Volleyroos will have the best chance at gold on home soil, we are very excited to have Helloworld on this journey with our organisation.”
“Volleyball is the number one gender-equal sport in Australia. With Helloworld’s support, we can continue to grow the sport and increase participation at all levels.”
- Olympians from Brazil and USA to battle for gold Medal Sunday at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross vs. Spain’s Lili/Elsa for women’s gold medal Sunday at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Brazil, Italy, Latvia and USA earn men's semifinal spots Saturday at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/ Ross leading women’s field to Saturday semis at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Italy’s Rangheiri/Caminati win twice Friday to earn quarterfinal spot at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Hughes/Claes enjoy ‘summer school’ on the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour
- Latvia’s Samoilovs/Smedins win their pool 3-0 on Thursday
- Spain’s Fernandez/Baquerizo lead six 3-0 women’s duos to elimination rounds
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross enjoy two home sand wins Wednesday in Long Beach
- USA Olympians Lucena/Dalhausser start quickly at Long Beach Grand Slam
- Trips to Toronto at stake in Long Beach
- Press review: Volleyball still making headlines after rumble in Rio
- Brazil’s George/Thiago progress to main draw at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Larsen/Flint among eight women qualifiers for main draw at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Priddy completes fourth Olympics with pride
- Joy and gratitude for silver medallists Agatha and Barbara
- Serginho highlights role of libero with Rio 2016 MVP award
- Press review: Brazil crowned in spectacular Olympic finale
- MVP Zhu Ting celebrates Chinese team spirit
- Alison and Bruno split gold medal with coach
- From Rio to Tokyo, the countdown for 2020 is on!
- Social media heats up as Brazil top volleyball world
- For USA’s Lee, “Tokyo no, World Championships yes, if they will have me!”
- 2016 FIVB World Tour regular season finale in USA at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam in SoCal
- Tetyukhin's quarter-century Olympic journey comes to tearful end
- Lang Ping becomes first person in volleyball to win Olympic gold as player and coach
- China ride wave of fans' support to gold
- Volleyball men's top guns set for final battle in Rio
- Social media takes Maracanazinho women's medal match drama around the globe
- Dutchmen “floating” home to meet the "King"! Then Toronto?
- Sloetjes rises above disappointment, looks ahead to Tokyo 2020
- Women's Rio 2016 final an all-female affair
- Europeans showing no gap exists with traditional powers
- This is what it's all about: The medals of Rio 2016
- 16 days of Volleyball House activity ends in true Rio style
- Kiraly “phenomenal feeling” after winning fifth Olympic medal
- Video: The Today Show’s take on Bossaball
- Order rules as referees visit Volleyball House
- 2016 FIVB World Tour update after Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Magic of Copacabana takes over social media
- Unique Maracanazinho semifinal atmosphere captured on social media
- Rematches of Athens 2004 for gold and bronze in Rio 2016
- Medal time is here for women’s tournament
- FIVB delivers impressive sports presentation masterclass at Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Flashback Friday: Volleyball House celebrates Brazil’s Atlanta 1996 heroes
- Alison and Ludwig top Rio 2016 Olympic performers
- Copa Courts sets the scene for future Special Olympics activities
- TALKIN’ STATS: Rio 2016 Olympic Games Beach Volleyball Men’s Review
- Alison and Bruno hit new heights on way to Olympic glory
- Final chance to have your say and win