Volleyball Australia scores with Helloworld
Canberra, Australia, March 18, 2016 - Leading Travel distribution company Helloworld has signed on as the major sponsor of Volleyball Australia for the next four years, delivering a major boost for the national sporting organisation in an Olympic year.
Helloworld and Volleyball Australia have signed a four-year sponsorship deal (Photo: APAC Sport Media)|
The deal which covers the men’s and women’s national teams for both indoor and beach volleyball was announced as Volleyball Australia prepares for one of the biggest beach volleyball events in Australia since the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
Volleyfest will see the helloworld Volleyroos compete in the Four Nations Cup and the Asian Beach Volleyball Championships.
The multi-competition event to be held on Manly Beach from March 18-28 will see 24 international teams competing against the best Australian beach volleyball talent in some serious preparation for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
Helloworld will also support the Australian indoor volleyball teams, as they head to Japan for the Olympic qualifiers in June.
Helloworld Managing Director and CEO, Andrew Burnes, said that Helloworld was excited about partnering with Volleyball Australia.
“Our volleyballers are the quiet achievers of the Australian sporting landscape, yet the prowess of our men’s and women’s national teams is extraordinary,” Mr Burnes said.
“Helloworld is proud to be joining forces with Volleyball Australia and we will be supporting our helloworld Volleyroos with everything we have as we move into this criticial pre-Olympic period and beyond.”
“Helloworld is also enthusiastic about supporting the game at a grassroots level across Australia.”
The helloworld Volleyroos will face off against Japan, Iran and China in June to hopefully book a spot at Rio in August.
Volleyball Australia President Craig Carracher said Helloworld’s sponsorship deal was a major boost to the sport.
“Having an industry leading travel partner like Helloworld come on board and commit for the long-term to supporting volleyball in Australia is fantastic.”
“With the recent inclusion of beach volleyball into the 2018 Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast, the helloworld Volleyroos will have the best chance at gold on home soil, we are very excited to have Helloworld on this journey with our organisation.”
“Volleyball is the number one gender-equal sport in Australia. With Helloworld’s support, we can continue to grow the sport and increase participation at all levels.”
- 35th FIVB Congress to open in period of unprecedented growth for volleyball
- Eczacibasi celebrate golden anniversary ahead of Club Worlds
- Official FIVB World Congress website now open
- Buenos Aires to welcome Volleyball Your Way festival
- Preparations in full swing at PSL Manila
- Galaxy of Olympic stars in 2016-17 Brazil Superleagues
- Brilliant Barbara, Fabulous Fernanda newest Brazilian beach duo
- Iran, China to clash in final of Men's AVC Cup
- Olympic champs Ludwig and Walkenhorst aiming for new heights
- Iran, Japan, China, Chinese Taipei reach AVC Cup semifinals
- 2017 World League Finals bidding process launched
- Angela Leyva in rising orbit ahead of 2017 World Grand Prix Group 2
- Ricardo and Andre win Brazil Tour opener
- World Championship beckons for Dominican Republic, Argentina and Cuba after U23 Pan Am Cup
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada