Poland to host two World Grand Prix Preliminary Round pools
Lausanne, Switzerland, February 25, 2016 - The FIVB and the Polish Volleyball Federation are pleased to confirm that two FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix Preliminary Round pools will be played in Poland from June 3 to 12, 2016. Polish fans will be able to cheer on their team in Pools B2 and D2 at venues to be announced.
Poland will play in front of their fans in FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix Preliminary Round Pools B2 and D2|
2016 World Grand Prix Group 2 consists of eight teams, including Poland, the Dominican Republic, Argentina, the Czech Republic, Puerto Rico, Canada, Bulgaria and 2015 Group 3 winners Kenya.
Tucuman, Argentina will host Pool A2 featuring Argentina, Bulgaria, the Dominican Republic and Kenya. Poland will host Pools B2 (including Canada, the Czech Republic, Poland and Puerto Rico) and D2 (including Argentina, Kenya, Poland and Puerto Rico). Pool C2 will be played by Bulgaria, Canada, the Czech Republic and the Dominican Republic in Brno, Czech Republic.
The Preliminary Round format in Groups 2 and 3 consists of two four-team pools played over two weekends. A third weekend is then played by four teams in each group, including the hosts of the Group Finals and the top three teams from the first two weekends.
The 2016 editions of the FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix and World League take place in the immediate build-up to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. The World Grand Prix Preliminary Round will be played from June 3-12 (Groups 2 and 3) and June 10-26 (Group 1). It will be followed by the Group 2 and 3 Finals from June 18 to 19 in Bulgaria and Kazakhstan respectively and the Group 1 Finals in Bangkok, Thailand from July 6 to 10.
Poland will also host the World League Group 1 Finals in 2016 from July 13 to 17. The World League Preliminary Round will be played from June 17 to 26 (Group 3) and June 17 to July 3 (Groups 1 and 2). The Finals will follow from July 1 to 3 (Group 3), July 9 to 10 (Group 2) and July 13 to 17 (Group 1).
FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix - Click here for more information.
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- “It’s been a long season”
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League
- SWATCH birthday present awaits Bansley?
- Rio 2016 stars to descend on Manila for Club World Champs
- Toronto becomes the “Capital of Beach Volleyball”
- As the Mikasa Turns - Bansley & Pavan "split" conversation
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup
- TALKIN’ STATS: Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Preview
- Toronto's Tuesday Trial - Pavan’s pristine picture?
- Smashed, tied, revised or still standing: The Records of Rio 2016
- Pools and schedule outlined for Men's Club World Champs
- Trentino, UPCN and Bolivar join top teams at Men’s Club World Champs
- Lupo and Nicolai staying grounded despite Rio silver