Montenegro launches mini-volley competition
Podgorica, Montenegro, February 3, 2016 - The Volleyball Federation of Montenegro has discussed the organisation of a mini-volley competition with representatives of the country's clubs.
The federation has announced the beginning of a new mini-volley competition in Montenegro|
The meeting was attended on behalf of the Volleyball Federation of Montenegro by President Cvetko Pajkovic, Secretary General Ivan Boskovic and Director of Competitions Milos Jovanovic.
"As we announced at the end of last year, the Volleyball Federation of Montenegro is starting a project of mini-volley for kids aged 9 to 12. All the expenses will be covered by the federation and we are expecting about 30 teams of girls and boys.
"The main idea of the Volleyball Federation of Montenegro Presidency is to organise this competition with the aim that children get socialized and get to like volleyball as a sport they practise, but also to recognize themselves through the logo of the competition," said President Cvetko Pajkovic.
A competition system and the technical details of the competition were also discussed.
The Volleyball Federation of Montenegro will provide a special ball for the mini-volley competitions, which will be used for the matches.
The competition will take place for boys born in 2003/2004, while girls born in 2003/2004 and 2005/2006 will participate.
Twenty-eight teams have applied to participate in the competition. The deadline to sign up is on Friday, February 5.
The competition will begin on Sunday, February 14 and will take place at the Slobodan Škerović high school.
- President Graça: "FIVB World Congress an opportunity to reflect, celebrate and look ahead"
- Josh Binstock comes full circle in Toronto ahead of retirement
- Rio 2016 Volleyball House legacy starting to be felt
- Japan to host its first-ever FIVB Volleyball Women’s Club World Championship in Kobe
- 35th FIVB Congress to open in period of unprecedented growth for volleyball
- Eczacibasi celebrate golden anniversary ahead of Club Worlds
- Official FIVB World Congress website now open
- Buenos Aires to welcome Volleyball Your Way festival
- Preparations in full swing at PSL Manila
- Galaxy of Olympic stars in 2016-17 Brazil Superleagues
- Brilliant Barbara, Fabulous Fernanda newest Brazilian beach duo
- Olympic champs Ludwig and Walkenhorst aiming for new heights
- Iran, Japan, China, Chinese Taipei reach AVC Cup semifinals
- 2017 World League Finals bidding process launched
- Angela Leyva in rising orbit ahead of 2017 World Grand Prix Group 2
- Ricardo and Andre win Brazil Tour opener
- World Championship beckons for Dominican Republic, Argentina and Cuba after U23 Pan Am Cup
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised