Men’s Club World Championship bid process launched
Lausanne, Switzerland, January 28, 2016 – The FIVB has launched the bid process to select the city that will host the FIVB Volleyball Men’s Club World Championship in October 2016 and a dedicated webpage with information on future hosting opportunities.
Brazil's Sada Cruzeiro won the FIVB Volleyball Men's Club World Championship in 2015|
An important aspect of the FIVB 9 Goals, the bid process was initiated by the international federation to “implement a competitive, effective and sustainable bidding process” in order to provide interested host nations with an opportunity to develop the sport.
Bids for the annual FIVB competition, featuring the top volleyball clubs from the world, must be submitted by March 1, 2016 with the announcement of the host city made a month later.
Along with the bid submission process for the FIVB Volleyball Men’s Club World Championship in 2016, interested parties can also access information on upcoming bids, their deadlines as well as relevant forms on the organisation’s dedicated bid page. The page will be updated with the names of the successful host cities following the review process and official announcement.
The FIVB will accept bids from national federations, clubs, agencies, private promoters, cities and corporate sponsors and offers may technically be accepted for one or several events and single or multiple editions.
“The bidding process is crucial to the development and advancement of our sport,” said FIVB President Dr Ary S. Graça F°. “It is an open and transparent manner in which to ensure quality and efficiency in the organisation of our tournaments. We are here to help the organisers plan and execute a top level volleyball event, which will help take our sport to an even higher level of professionalism.”
This will be the 12th edition of the FIVB Volleyball Men’s Club World Championship, which was first hosted by the Italian city of Parma in 1989 followed by Milan in 1990. The 1991 edition took place in Sao Paulo, Brazil followed by Treviso, Italy in 1992. After a 17 year hiatus, the competition returned to the international volleyball calendar in 2009, with the next four editions held in Doha, Qatar. Brazilian cities have hosted the last three editions with the tournament taking place in Betim in 2013 and 2015 and Belo Horizonte in 2014.
Last year, Brazil's Sada Cruzeiro reclaimed the world club crown, which they had first won in 2013 and then lost in 2014, after a dominant performance during the tournament.
Click here for the FIVB tournament bid process page.
More information on the Event Bidding Process can be found here.
Bidding process documents for the FIVB Volleyball Men’s Club World Championship can be found here.
For futher information about the bidding process, please contact:
Mr Mario Medeiros
Email: email@example.com / Telephone: +41 79 127 45 00
- Olympic champs Ludwig and Walkenhorst aiming for new heights
- Bidding process opened for 2017 Men's Club World Championship
- Iran, Japan, China, Chinese Taipei reach AVC Cup semifinals
- 2017 World League Finals bidding process launched
- Angela Leyva in rising orbit ahead of 2017 World Grand Prix Group 2
- Ricardo and Andre win Brazil Tour opener
- World Championship beckons for Dominican Republic, Argentina and Cuba after U23 Pan Am Cup
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League
- SWATCH birthday present awaits Bansley?
- Rio 2016 stars to descend on Manila for Club World Champs
- Toronto becomes the “Capital of Beach Volleyball”
- As the Mikasa Turns - Bansley & Pavan "split" conversation
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup