Press Commission focuses on year ahead
Lausanne, Switzerland, January 21, 2016 - The members of the Press Commission were gathered at the FIVB headquarters in Lausanne on Thursday to ensure the International Volleyball Federation remains ahead of the curve in the world of sport.
The Press Commission met at the FIVB headquarters on Thursday|
The meeting began with a review of actions taken in 2015 following last year's commission meeting, including a focus on video highlights, the use of social media and editorial coverage of the FIVB's competitions.
“I’m happy to have a stimulating discussion about the role of the press in today’s world,” explained FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° during his opening address. “We face many challenges and the Press Commission has to understand what is happening now in the world of the media. We must look at ways to stimulate the audience. After all the greater innovations and changes we have made in the past three years, we have a great chance to promote volleyball even more, especially with such an iconic Olympic Games coming up in Brazil.
“We have to look to the future. When you’re driving a car you have to look forward. We have made progress, we are good, but we must strive to be excellent.”
The members of the commission heard a report on the FIVB's key activities. A presentation of the FIVB 9 Goals Project detailed the federation's long term strategic plan, which was developed to help direct the future work of the FIVB and ensure it realises the sport's huge global potential. Discussion also turned around the Volleyball Your Way campaign, which aims to get everyone, at every level, to play volleyball.
Looking ahead to 2016, further improvements to the website were presented and social media statistics discussed. Media operations and accreditation issues were also examined. The meeting was completed with reports from the confederation press officers and a discussion focusing on social media, video, match highlights, the effective use of content and event promotion.
- Olympic champs Ludwig and Walkenhorst aiming for new heights
- Bidding process opened for 2017 Men's Club World Championship
- Iran, Japan, China, Chinese Taipei reach AVC Cup semifinals
- 2017 World League Finals bidding process launched
- Angela Leyva in rising orbit ahead of 2017 World Grand Prix Group 2
- Ricardo and Andre win Brazil Tour opener
- World Championship beckons for Dominican Republic, Argentina and Cuba after U23 Pan Am Cup
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League
- SWATCH birthday present awaits Bansley?
- Rio 2016 stars to descend on Manila for Club World Champs
- Toronto becomes the “Capital of Beach Volleyball”
- As the Mikasa Turns - Bansley & Pavan "split" conversation
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup