Poland and Iran on back-to-back wins for pool leadership
Wroclaw and Krakow, September 2, 2014 – Hosts Poland and Asian powerhouse Iran scored back-to-back victories in the FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Championship, to take solo leadership in Pools A and D, respectively.
Iran picked up its second victory in the 18th edition of the FIVB Volleyball Men's World Championship|
Poland defeated Australia in straight sets, which gets them on course for a third victory on Thursday, September 4. Poland have won three opening matches in their last three World Championship appearances.
Iran have defeated two volleyball powerhouses. On their first match, they defeated Italy in straight sets and then had to undergo a tougher contest with USA as the match ended in five sets. Meanwhile, USA played two five-setters in the competition so far.
• Serbia have three victories in all their meetings at the World Championship.
• Serbia keep their record of never having a campaign start with back-to-back defeats.
• In USA’s two five-setters in the competition, the first one ended with a win, the next one was a defeat.
• Iran have finally recorded a victory against USA in their three encounters in the World Championship.
• Belgium have three victories in five matches with NORCECA sides at a major tournament.
• Puerto Rico are now on a five-match losing streak in the World Championship, this is already have of their longest losing streak of 10 in 1974.
• The 3-1 win was Venezuela’s first in the World Championship since November 2006 when they defeated Iran.
• Cameroon have matched their losing record of four in the World Championship in 1990.
• Poland still have complete command of Australia in major tournaments, they have a 4-0 win-record with the Australians.
• Australia have never won back-to-back matches at the World Championship.
• Italy have won four out of the seven World Championship matches with France.
• France stopped their streak in the last three editions of winning their second match of the World Championship.
- Eight teams earn men’s main draw spots at FIVB Puerto Vallarta Open
- The ABCs of Beach Volleyball - Agatha, Barbara and Consistency
- Challenges Create Court Confidence
- Brazilian women capture 19th gold in South American Championship
- The Fan Zone - SWATCH Beach Volleyball FIVB World Tour Finals - Day 6
- FIVB World Tour 2016 starts in Mexico with FIVB Puerto Vallarta Open
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour update after Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals
- Brazilian Beach Clinic
- Brazil record 30th title win in South American Championship
- Talita & Larissa net gold medal & “richest” prize
- Russian claim back-to-back European titles to cement status as Europe's Volleyball Queens
- Evandro & Pedro rebound for bronze medal finish
- Track stars become Beach Volleyball fans
- FIVB President Graça launches '9 goals' strategic plan
- Russia and the Netherlands to clash for European crown
- Beach Volleyball Impressions - 1981 from southern California to now in south Florida
- USA win third consecutive NORCECA title
- The Fan Zone - Swatch Beach Volleyball FIVB World Tour Finals - Day 4
- Brazil, Germany and USA pairs net Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals bracket berths
- USA face Dominican Republic in NORCECA Women’s Championship final
- Women’s EuroVolley semis are set; Russia play Serbia, Oranjes take on Turkey
- Brazilian world champions featured Wednesday
- Lost in America
- Italy, Poland, Belgium and Germany complete line-up for women’s EuroVolley quarterfinals
- “Wild Card” Tuesday at SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- 2017 Beach Volleyball World Championships bidding process extended
- SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals - Revised Side Court Schedule
- A mum who sides out
- Congress preparations in full swing as President Graça visits FeVA
- Netherlands, Russia, Serbia and Turkey progress to women's EuroVolley quarterfinals
- $500,000 Swatch FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour Finals
this week in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
- Brazilian city of Maceio host South American tournament calendar highlight
- Puerto Rican Aury Cruz ties own scoring record
- Russia lead men’s U21 rankings
- Dominican Republic top women’s U20 rankings
- Japan host successful outreach programme
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour season update after FIVB Xiamen Open
- Eight teams vie for South American Championship crown
- First FIVB World Tour gold for Switzerland's Heidrich/Zumkehr at Xiamen Open
- Milestone Saturday for Lucena & Dalhausser
- Zumkehr/Heidrich upset top seeds Wang/Yue to enter Xiamen Open semifinal
- Milestone gold medal for USA’s Lucena/Dalhausser in Xiamen Open
- Brazilian men stay top of FIVB World Ranking
- Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Participants Dalhausser & Lucena advance in China
- Latvia's Plavins/Regza storm to first FIVB World Tour semifinals at Xiamen Open
- Top seeds Yue/Wang unbeaten in pool play at Xiamen Open
- Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals participants beat the heat & humidity, stayin’ alive
- Nine berths still up for grabs as USA and Italy qualify for Rio
- Top seeds Wang/Yue off to good start in Main Draw at Xiamen Open
- President Graça praises outstanding World Cup