Brazil and USA meet in "Match of the week" programme
Lausanne, Switzerland, August 8, 2014 – The second World Grand Prix “Match of the week” programme will see title holders and Olympic champions Brazil (WR 1) take on the United States (WR 2) at 10.00 local time in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on Sunday. The purpose of the programme, which is made available to the competition’s host broadcasters and other television channels for free, is to bring the sport to as wide an audience as possible.
Brazil were one of two teams to win their first three matches in this year's edition of the World Grand Prix|
Watch on FIVB
Web TV Brazil won their first three matches in this year’s edition of the World Grand Prix, and will hope to build on that winning streak this weekend in front of their supporters at the Ginasio do Ibirapuera in Sao Paulo. Brazil coach Ze Roberto commented that: “I’m positive about the result of this first round of the World Grand Prix. Pool C was not an easy one at all and losing even a single match could make a difference for the Final Round. Leaving the first round with nine points made me more than happy.” Coach Charles ‘Karch’ Kiraly’s USA travel to Sao Paulo to battle with Russia, Korea and hosts Brazil in Pool D after only one win from three matches in Pool A in Ankara, Turkey, last weekend.
English commentary for the World Grand Prix programme will be provided by John Burgess, Dan Strange and Tim Long.
Dan Strange, commentator for week 2, is an experienced sports presenter and commentator equally at home in front of the camera or behind the microphone. He has worked on numerous top events and competitions in both able-bodied and disability sport, for television, radio and live in the stadium.
Tim Long, who will be providing commentary for the week three Match of the Week programme, which will focus on the Pool I encounter between China (WR 5) and Japan (WR 3) on August 17, is a fast-rising young commentator, with experience from an early age in an array of sports. He commentates on the English Premier League, UEFA Champions League, and various other football competitions for Manchester United (MUTV), talkSPORT, and BT Sport. He also covers Euroleague and FIBA basketball, and commentated on 10 different sports at the 2013 World Games in Colombia.
- Women’s Qualifier Opens Gstaad Major
- Egypt celebrates major triumph for African volleyball
- 360° images recreate finals magic
- Agatha and Barbara top rankings after Netherlands heroics
- Brazil dominates podium in The Hague
- FIVB World Tour resumes in Switzerland at Swatch FIVB Gstaad Major
- Brazil, China and USA complete weekend sweep in Group 1
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour season update following
FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships the Netherlands 2015
- Australians get second win in Group 1, Finns and Argentines grab 3-1 wins in Group 2
- Egypt win World League Group 3 Finals to advance in Group 2 next year
- Brazilian World Champions Show Improvement
- FIVB President applauds the Netherlands as beach volleyball embarks on new era
- Silver medal finish boasts Fernanda & Lima’s FIVB World Tour rankings
- FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix, Day 5: Brazil, China, USA all two-from-two in Group 1 to start 2015 tournament
- FIVB Volleyball World League Day 25 - USA secure top spot in Pool B, France finish Pool play with a perfect 12 wins
- Montenegro and Egypt to play for the gold in Group 3 Finals
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships Day Nine - As It Happened
- USA’s Brunner/Lucena Trying to Capture Magic from Season’s Past
- World Grand Prix in full swing with start of Groups 1 and 2
- World League highlights three superb five-setters on Day 24
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day Eight - As It Happened
- Brazilian Semifinal Victories Net Olympic Berth
- 50/50 chances for semifinal Holtwick/Semmler versus Lima/Fernanda
- Heartbreak for brave Bawden and Clancy at World Championships
- Australia competing to stay among volleyball's best
- World League Group 3 finalists have their say
- Smejkal: "Second place in pool D is our goal"
- Turkey hosts USA, Belgium, Italy in World Grand Prix
- Vercesi: "Securing a spot at the Finals remains our main objective"
- Getting Social: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day 7
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day Seven - As It Happened
- Brazil captures both quarterfinals Thursday in amazing Apeldoorn
- Day 23 sees Brazil and France extend their lead after both record straight sets victories
- Lucena and Brunner lead semifinals charges as Amsterdam closes for business
- Peru, Colombia, Cuba and Kazakhstan prepare for Pool P encounters in Trujillo
- U20 Drawing of Lots ceremony held in Puerto Rico
- Antiga: "We are now playing for a ticket to the Finals in Rio"
- Alluring Apeldoorn anxiously awaits awesome aria of Quarterfinals tonight
- Australia take on Serbia and Turkey play USA, live on YouTube
- Juliana and Maria Antonelli win Brazilian battle to advance
- Poland and USA prepare for Pool B climax
- Sanderson ready for emotional homecoming
- Qataris move on to quarter-finals
- World Grand Prix Pool A coaches expect challenging weekend
- Americans, Dutch, Germans & Russian Post Elimination Wins
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships Day Six - As It Happened
- Getting Social: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day 6
- Awesome Apeldoorn angst approaching Thursday’s Round of 16, quarterfinals
- Qataris upset the form book to advance in Amsterdam
- FIVB President congratulates Amsterdam on spectacular event