President's Activities Report available now
Lausanne, Switzerland, July 17, 2014 - The second edition of the President's Activities Report (September 2013-June 2014) looks back at some of the important projects the International Volleyball Federation has initiated in the run-up to the FIVB Volleyball World Championships in Poland and Italy later this summer.
President Graça's agenda for change continues in 2014|
Click here to get your copy now.
The 18-page report details significant developments in volleyball and beach volleyball over the last ten months, examines the FIVB's initiatives to bring the game to an ever wider audience and reviews a selection of FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F°'s meetings with key actors in the world of sport and beyond.
The latest edition of the report includes accounts of President Graça's meetings with the highest governmental and sporting representatives in Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates as part of talks on how best to promote volleyball in the region. It also reviews the President's visit to the SportAccord Convention in Belek, Turkey, where discussions with International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach provided the perfect opportunity to present the latest developments in volleyball and how volleyball can continue to benefit the Olympic Movement.
Fruitful discussions were also held at the International Volleyball Federation's headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland, which hosted a meeting of the FIVB Board of Administrators in April. An important meeting with beach volleyball promoters was also held in June to present the organisation's vision for the future of the sport.
Looking ahead to events later this year, President Graça is confident that both the Men's World Championships in Poland and the Women's World Championships in Italy will be memorable events for players and fans. A number of competitions have also been enhanced this year. Most notably perhaps, the World League and World Grand Prix competitions, which have gone from 18 to 28 participating teams this year. The Club World Championships and U23 World Championships in Myslowice are two more examples of successful competitions this year and are early indicators that changes afoot are producing positive results.
Finally, the report also looks at the important work the FIVB is doing in collaboration with the Continental Confederations, at projects in different countries across the world and at some of the key milestones in the months ahead. Click here to read the report now.
- Leaders maintain edge after second round opens
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 9 - As It Happened
- USA continue their winning streak to stay on full points at 2014 Women’s World Champs
- Talking Stats: 2014 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour - Oct 1
- Second round has arrived with promises of more exciting matches
- Video challenge eyes the court in second and final round
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 8 - As It Happened
- Introducing Round 2: Russia, USA, Turkey and Bulgaria seek a pass to the Final Six
- Coaches in Trieste expect a close affair
- 2014 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour update after 14 events
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 7 - As It Happened
- Vargas has memory to cherish
- Sheilla: In the heart of Italian fans
- Asian Games favourites show determination in men's tournament
- First round concludes with thrilling matches across Italy
- Ma-Xia win beach volleyball gold at Asian Games
- First FIVB World Tour medal bittersweet for Italy's Menegatti/Orsi Toth
- Call brings old Brazilian friends back together on the beach
- Turkey, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Belgium claim last second round tickets
- President Medina visits Dominican compatriots in Italy
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 6 - As It Happened
- Brazil holds off Italy to win women’s gold at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Netherlands stops Brazil for men’s gold medal at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- China’s Ma-Xia to face Thailand’s Udomchavee-Radarong in the final of Asian Games beach volleyball tournament
- Final four spots into Women's World Championship 2nd Round to be settled Sunday
- Korea, Japan, Iran, China men top pools in Asian Games
- Varenhorst calls in the Experience to FIVB Sao Paulo Grand Slam
- Beach growing in the land of Volleyball
- Korea, China, Thailand, Japan advance to Asian Games semis
- Fourth day capped by exciting action, big crowds
- Brazil, Netherlands to tangle for men’s gold Sunday at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- China keep a clean sheet; four second round spots still open
- Brazil to meet Italy for women’s gold at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 5 - As It Happened
- Last-minute invite leads Popp to fifth place at FIVB Sao Paulo Grand Slam
- Four China teams make Asian Games beach volleyball semis
- Teams scramble for open spots into the second round
- Men’s final four set for Saturday’s semifinals at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Women’s final four set for Saturday’s semis at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Slow end doesn't dull Czech Republic's Slukova/Kolocova breakthrough year
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 4 - As It Happened
- “Catherine the Great” sets sights on title hat-trick
- Twenty-four men’s duos advance from pool play Thursday at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Down to seven undefeated teams in Italy
- Canada's Binstock/Schachter earn memorable triple in São Paulo
- Women’s field reduced to 24 teams at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Seven teams claim second round tickets at FIVB Women’s World Championship
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 3 - As it Happened
- Were you at the final?
- Austria's Schwaiger on road to Rio with new teammate