President's Activities Report available now
Lausanne, Switzerland, July 17, 2014 - The second edition of the President's Activities Report (September 2013-June 2014) looks back at some of the important projects the International Volleyball Federation has initiated in the run-up to the FIVB Volleyball World Championships in Poland and Italy later this summer.
President Graça's agenda for change continues in 2014|
Click here to get your copy now.
The 18-page report details significant developments in volleyball and beach volleyball over the last ten months, examines the FIVB's initiatives to bring the game to an ever wider audience and reviews a selection of FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F°'s meetings with key actors in the world of sport and beyond.
The latest edition of the report includes accounts of President Graça's meetings with the highest governmental and sporting representatives in Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates as part of talks on how best to promote volleyball in the region. It also reviews the President's visit to the SportAccord Convention in Belek, Turkey, where discussions with International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach provided the perfect opportunity to present the latest developments in volleyball and how volleyball can continue to benefit the Olympic Movement.
Fruitful discussions were also held at the International Volleyball Federation's headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland, which hosted a meeting of the FIVB Board of Administrators in April. An important meeting with beach volleyball promoters was also held in June to present the organisation's vision for the future of the sport.
Looking ahead to events later this year, President Graça is confident that both the Men's World Championships in Poland and the Women's World Championships in Italy will be memorable events for players and fans. A number of competitions have also been enhanced this year. Most notably perhaps, the World League and World Grand Prix competitions, which have gone from 18 to 28 participating teams this year. The Club World Championships and U23 World Championships in Myslowice are two more examples of successful competitions this year and are early indicators that changes afoot are producing positive results.
Finally, the report also looks at the important work the FIVB is doing in collaboration with the Continental Confederations, at projects in different countries across the world and at some of the key milestones in the months ahead. Click here to read the report now.
- Official FIVB World Congress website now open
- Buenos Aires to welcome Volleyball Your Way festival
- Preparations in full swing at PSL Manila
- Galaxy of Olympic stars in 2016-17 Brazil Superleagues
- Brilliant Barbara, Fabulous Fernanda newest Brazilian beach duo
- Iran, China to clash in final of Men's AVC Cup
- Olympic champs Ludwig and Walkenhorst aiming for new heights
- Iran, Japan, China, Chinese Taipei reach AVC Cup semifinals
- 2017 World League Finals bidding process launched
- Angela Leyva in rising orbit ahead of 2017 World Grand Prix Group 2
- Ricardo and Andre win Brazil Tour opener
- World Championship beckons for Dominican Republic, Argentina and Cuba after U23 Pan Am Cup
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League