Sandbanks Youth Beach Volleyball Festival thriving after only two years
The Sandbanks Youth Beach Volleyball Summer Festival will be one of 13 events taking place across Europe this summer to be supported by CEV and its long-time partner Mikasa |
Sandbanks, England, July 2, 2014 – The town of Sandbanks on the south coast of England will continue its impressive growth as a beach volleyball hub as organisers get ready to welcome greater numbers to the 2014 Sandbanks Youth Beach Volleyball Summer Festival from July 5-6.
The tournament first took place in July 2013 with the support of the European Confederation, the Confederation of European Volleyball and the FIVB’s official ball supplier, Mikasa.
It was an instant hit and one year on entries have grown 33 percent to over 140 teams from both genders. In total there will be 22 separate competitions for teams ranging in age from 12 to 22. Alongside the Youth Festival 40 adult teams will compete in the 2014 4 versus 4 British Championships.
“The support of the CEV & Mikasa last year has energised young beach volleyball players to participate in the festival and for young players this is now the event to be at,” organiser Geoff Allen said.
"We are particularly pleased to see over 28 teams entering in the U14 age group as this will ensure development of tomorrow’s beach volleyball stars in England. We will be using the balls and nets supplied by the CEV and Mikasa in 2013 for this year’s Festival and are grateful for the continued support of the CEV.”
The Sandbanks Youth Beach Volleyball Summer Festival is one of 13 Summer Beach Volleyball Festivals taking place across Europe this summer with the first on Lyo Beach in Kolding in Denmark.
“The CEV is committed to the continual development of volleyball and beach volleyball across Europe and that the Summer Beach Volleyball Festivals were envisaged to bring young people together to play this most exciting sport,” CEV President Andre Meyer said.
"I am very pleased to announce that the CEV’s long term ball partner Mikasa has supported this activity and in fact together we have designed a special CEV Summer Festival Beach Volleyball that has enabled the supported events to quadruple in 2014.”
- Olympic champs Ludwig and Walkenhorst aiming for new heights
- Bidding process opened for 2017 Men's Club World Championship
- Iran, Japan, China, Chinese Taipei reach AVC Cup semifinals
- 2017 World League Finals bidding process launched
- Angela Leyva in rising orbit ahead of 2017 World Grand Prix Group 2
- Ricardo and Andre win Brazil Tour opener
- World Championship beckons for Dominican Republic, Argentina and Cuba after U23 Pan Am Cup
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League
- SWATCH birthday present awaits Bansley?
- Rio 2016 stars to descend on Manila for Club World Champs
- Toronto becomes the “Capital of Beach Volleyball”
- As the Mikasa Turns - Bansley & Pavan "split" conversation
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup