Novi Sad Masters to provide stepping stone to 2015 World Championships
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg, July 1, 2014 - The 2014 CEV Beach Volleyball European Championship Novi Sad Masters kick off at the Strand venue on the banks of the Danube river today. What gives the event special significance this year is that it will also serve as a direct stepping stone to the 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships in the Netherlands.
The Novi Sad Masters will again take place on the beautiful banks of the Danube|
The International Volleyball Federation's new qualification rules for the Beach Volleyball World Championships have put continental quotas in place. Four spots per gender have been allocated to Europe. The European Volleyball Confederation has decided that these spots will be assigned to national federations whose duos are successful at the remaining Masters tournaments this year.
The two finalists of the men-only €25,000 Novi Sad Masters will earn tickets to the World Championships in the Netherlands, which for the first time in the history of the competition will be held in four different cities. The two other men’s berths will go to the winners of the next two Masters – in Biel, Switzerland and in Baku, Azerbaijan. These two events will also assign two women’s spots each to complete Europe’s quotas on the ladies’ side.
The Tuesday afternoon schedule in Novi Sad will feature the country quota matches for the teams from Austria, the Czech Republic and Norway. The 32-team qualification tournament will take place on Wednesday and the 24-team main draw play will begin on Thursday, with the final four games scheduled for Saturday, July 5.
A new main draw formula will be applied to a Masters tournament for the first time. The 24 participating duos will be split into eight pools with the top two pairs from each pool moving on to the 16-team single elimination phase.
Novi Sad Masters action from the quarterfinals on Friday and the semifinals and the finals on Saturday will be televised internationally. LAOLA1.tv has scheduled live streams from courts 1 and 2 for the full duration of the tournament, starting with the country quota playoffs today.
Click here for more information on the tournament.
- 360° images recreate finals magic
- Agatha and Barbara top rankings after Netherlands heroics
- Brazil dominates podium in The Hague
- FIVB World Tour resumes in Switzerland at Swatch FIVB Gstaad Major
- Brazil, China and USA complete weekend sweep in Group 1
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour season update following
FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships the Netherlands 2015
- Australians get second win in Group 1, Finns and Argentines grab 3-1 wins in Group 2
- Egypt win World League Group 3 Finals to advance in Group 2 next year
- Brazilian World Champions Show Improvement
- FIVB President applauds the Netherlands as beach volleyball embarks on new era
- Silver medal finish boasts Fernanda & Lima’s FIVB World Tour rankings
- FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix, Day 5: Brazil, China, USA all two-from-two in Group 1 to start 2015 tournament
- FIVB Volleyball World League Day 25 - USA secure top spot in Pool B, France finish Pool play with a perfect 12 wins
- Montenegro and Egypt to play for the gold in Group 3 Finals
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships Day Nine - As It Happened
- USA’s Brunner/Lucena Trying to Capture Magic from Season’s Past
- World Grand Prix in full swing with start of Groups 1 and 2
- World League highlights three superb five-setters on Day 24
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day Eight - As It Happened
- Brazilian Semifinal Victories Net Olympic Berth
- 50/50 chances for semifinal Holtwick/Semmler versus Lima/Fernanda
- Heartbreak for brave Bawden and Clancy at World Championships
- Australia competing to stay among volleyball's best
- World League Group 3 finalists have their say
- Smejkal: "Second place in pool D is our goal"
- Turkey hosts USA, Belgium, Italy in World Grand Prix
- Vercesi: "Securing a spot at the Finals remains our main objective"
- Getting Social: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day 7
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day Seven - As It Happened
- Brazil captures both quarterfinals Thursday in amazing Apeldoorn
- Day 23 sees Brazil and France extend their lead after both record straight sets victories
- Lucena and Brunner lead semifinals charges as Amsterdam closes for business
- Peru, Colombia, Cuba and Kazakhstan prepare for Pool P encounters in Trujillo
- U20 Drawing of Lots ceremony held in Puerto Rico
- Antiga: "We are now playing for a ticket to the Finals in Rio"
- Alluring Apeldoorn anxiously awaits awesome aria of Quarterfinals tonight
- Australia take on Serbia and Turkey play USA, live on YouTube
- Juliana and Maria Antonelli win Brazilian battle to advance
- Poland and USA prepare for Pool B climax
- Sanderson ready for emotional homecoming
- Qataris move on to quarter-finals
- World Grand Prix Pool A coaches expect challenging weekend
- Americans, Dutch, Germans & Russian Post Elimination Wins
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships Day Six - As It Happened
- Getting Social: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day 6
- Awesome Apeldoorn angst approaching Thursday’s Round of 16, quarterfinals
- Qataris upset the form book to advance in Amsterdam
- FIVB President congratulates Amsterdam on spectacular event
- World champs live stream opens
- Predictable Women Winners Wednesday