Hosts claim title at China International Women's Volleyball Tournament
Ningbo, China, June 29, 2014 - Hosts China defeated Asian champions Thailand on Sunday afternoon to win the China International Women's Volleyball Tournament with an unbeaten record.
China celebrate their victory|
Zhu Ting scored a game-high 24 points as the Chinese won in straight sets 3-0 (25-13, 25-12, 25-11). Zeng Chunlei scored 15 points for China and Yang Junjing added 10.
"We know that Thailand were playing without some key players, but we were just trying to do our best," said China head coach Jenny Lang Ping. "I told my players to serve aggressively and pay more attention to their defence and I think they did a good job."
The Chinese women produced a total of 10 aces, Zhu Ting contributing five.
Following two consecutive wins on Friday and Saturday, China started well in their last match of the round robin play, jumping to a 7-4 lead after some fine attacks by Zeng Chunlei and Zhu Ting. Thailand pulled back to 9-8, but the Chinese women put in some impressive serving and staged a 12-2 run to make it 21-10, a gap that the Thais could never close.
Thailand continued to struggle with their reception in the second set while China raced to an 11-3 lead and never looked back. In the third set, the Chinese continued their dominance and concluded the match with a 9-1 run. The Chinese also out-blocked Thailand 12-3.
Later on Sunday, the Dominican Republic beat Belgium 3-0 (25-15, 27-25, 25-21) to finish second in the four-team tournament with two wins against one loss. Bethania De La Cruz led the Dominican Republic with 19 points.
Thailand came in third with a 1-2 win-loss record ahead of the winless Belgian team.
- Beach Volleyball - Family Sport Entertainment
- Beach volleyball’s success based on hard work
- Golden era for beach volleyball
- FIVB World Continental Cup Olympic Qualification tournament to take place in Russia
- Martinez chosen for 2020 PlayTrue Torch Relay Project
- World Tour Finals in Fort Lauderdale: Saving the best for last
- Eight teams earn men’s main draw spots at FIVB Puerto Vallarta Open
- The ABCs of Beach Volleyball - Agatha, Barbara and Consistency
- Challenges Create Court Confidence
- Brazilian women capture 19th gold in South American Championship
- Australia's Bawden and Clancy defend Asian title
- The Fan Zone - SWATCH Beach Volleyball FIVB World Tour Finals - Day 6
- FIVB World Tour 2016 starts in Mexico with FIVB Puerto Vallarta Open
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour update after Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals
- Brazilian Beach Clinic
- Brazil record 30th title win in Men's South American Championship
- Talita & Larissa net gold medal & “richest” prize
- Russian claim back-to-back European titles to cement status as Europe's Volleyball Queens
- Evandro & Pedro rebound for bronze medal finish
- Track stars become Beach Volleyball fans
- Brazilian world champions net SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals bronze medal
- FIVB President Graça launches '9 goals' strategic plan
- The Fan Zone - Swatch Beach Volleyball FIVB World Tour Finals - Day 5
- Fort Lauderdale - Another key part of the beach volleyball success story
- Russia and the Netherlands to clash for European crown
- Beach Volleyball Impressions - 1981 from southern California to now in south Florida
- USA win third consecutive NORCECA title
- The Fan Zone - Swatch Beach Volleyball FIVB World Tour Finals - Day 4
- Brazil, Germany and USA pairs net Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals bracket berths
- USA face Dominican Republic in NORCECA Women’s Championship final
- Women’s EuroVolley semis are set; Russia play Serbia, Oranjes take on Turkey
- Brazilian world champions featured Wednesday
- Beach Volleyball rivalry blasts sky high
- Lost in America
- Italy, Poland, Belgium and Germany complete line-up for women’s EuroVolley quarterfinals
- “Wild Card” Tuesday at SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- 2017 Beach Volleyball World Championships bidding process extended
- SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals - Revised Side Court Schedule
- A mum who sides out
- Congress preparations in full swing as President Graça visits FeVA
- Netherlands, Russia, Serbia and Turkey progress to women's EuroVolley quarterfinals
- $500,000 Swatch FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour Finals
this week in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
- Brazilian city of Maceio host South American tournament calendar highlight
- Puerto Rican Aury Cruz ties own scoring record
- Russia lead men’s U21 rankings
- Dominican Republic top women’s U20 rankings
- Japan host successful outreach programme
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour season update after FIVB Xiamen Open
- Eight teams vie for South American Championship crown
- First FIVB World Tour gold for Switzerland's Heidrich/Zumkehr at Xiamen Open