Social media brings Serbia players and fans closer together
Aleksandar Atanasijevic and Serbia are currently second in Pool B behind the USA|
Belgrade, Serbia, June 18, 2014 – Serbia’s volleyball fans have been getting to know their heroes in the men’s national team in a previously unseen way, thanks to social media and in particular Twitter.
While away playing the USA in Chicago Aleksandar Atanasijevic took part in an exclusive Q&A session with fans via Twitter.
During a 24-hour promotional campaign on Twitter, fans from around the world were able to submit questions to the opposite using #AskBata. More than 110 questions were sent to Atanasijevic, who was available for an hour to answer fans’ questions.
It is part of the Serbian Volleyball Federation’s commitment to continue their development of social media communication as a way of bringing the players closer to their fans around the globe.
Here are some highlights of Atanasijevic’s “Twitterview.”
@Zoka3130 #AskBata What was the best day of your life?
AA: When we won youth world championship gold medal in Italy!
@Dani1517T How was your stay in Poland? Would you like to come back here if you had the opportunity? #AskBata
AA: I like Poland so much :) I had the best moments of my volleyball career there and I can’t wait to be back for the world champs!
@Alma_aleks #AskBata tell us about the days you were in Iran for World League. What did you do?! Do you like this country?
AA: Iran fans are amazing - one of the best experiences in my life. I hope to go back to Iran to play new matches!
@AdsVolley who is your best friend in national team? #AskBata
AA: We have great atmosphere in the team. If I have to choose, I will pick up Majstorovic, our new libero. Crazy guy!!!!!
@Atanasijevic14 #AskBata What is your life motto?
AA: Never give up and fight until the end
@Lexie_NY #AskBata The hardest thing on the court for you is?
AA: Accepting that I will lose
@PaulinaaaD #AskBata Who is your inspiration?
AA: Ivan Miljkovic has been a great source of inspiration
@iva_ds87 What was the most useful thing Andrija Geric taught the team on the mental strength course? Did you enjoy it? #AskBata
AA: Great that you know that Andrija is our mental coach! Every day he tells us useful things!
Atanasijevic is followed by over 15,600 fans on his official Twitter account @AAtanasijevic, while the Serbia Volleyball Federation can be followed on @ossrb, where fans will be the first to hear news and see exclusive behind the scenes photos.
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- “It’s been a long season”
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League
- SWATCH birthday present awaits Bansley?
- Rio 2016 stars to descend on Manila for Club World Champs
- Toronto becomes the “Capital of Beach Volleyball”
- As the Mikasa Turns - Bansley & Pavan "split" conversation
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup
- TALKIN’ STATS: Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Preview
- Toronto's Tuesday Trial - Pavan’s pristine picture?
- Smashed, tied, revised or still standing: The Records of Rio 2016
- Pools and schedule outlined for Men's Club World Champs
- Trentino, UPCN and Bolivar join top teams at Men’s Club World Champs
- Lupo and Nicolai staying grounded despite Rio silver
- Schedule set as World Tour Finals countdown enters final week
- A month after opening, Brazil still bask in Rio 2016 gold glory
- Relive Egypt's Olympic beach volleyball debut
- One month after first serve, memories of Rio still stay strong
- Reminiscing Rio and the delights of Copacabana