Renowned USA coach invited to tutor FIVB Level 2 Coaching course
Kettering, England, June 11, 2014 - One of USA’s top coaches, Sue Gozansky, has been appointed to tutor the FIVB’s Level 2 Coaching Course (L2) to be held this August at the FIVB/CEV Regional Volleyball Development Centre (RVDC) in Kettering.
USA's Sue Gozansky will mentor the coaches attending the FIVB Level 2 Course which is due to take place next August in Kettering, England |
With four decades of experience as a coach and a tutor, Ms Gozansky has worked at the highest level, most notably with the USA’s women’s B volleyball team. She has led courses in more than 20 countries worldwide and in 2009 was honoured by USA Volleyball with the "USAV All-Time Great Coach Award".
Volleyball England’s Audrey Cooper, the GB women’s Olympic 2012 coach and former Olympic Beach Volleyball competitor said: "We are delighted to be welcoming a coach of Sue’s reputation to England to lead this course. Sue was my FIVB L2 tutor and not only possessed an incredible knowledge of the game, but also presented the course with such enthusiasm and energy that it was an inspiration to us all."
"Sue is also an excellent role model for all up-and-coming female coaches of what can be achieved in the game and I hope that we can use this course to inspire more female coaches into the higher echelons of the game."
CEV President Mr André Meyer added: "This is one of the highest awards that a coach can aspire to in today’s modern volleyball. The interest in this course shows that there is an appetite within the coaching community to develop their skills to the highest level and understand the key aspects of the coaches’ role."
The 13-day course is one of the FIVB’s leading courses and is aimed at the coaching of advanced level teams. In addition to the technical and tactical aspects of coaching at the higher level, it also examines the educational aspects of coaching, planning, trends and current problems. It is aimed at coaches who have already achieved high awards from their National Federations and want to progress to coaching teams at the highest level.
- Latvia’s Samoilovs/Smedins roar to bronze medal win at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Germany’s Sude/Laboureur capture bronze medal at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Olympians from Brazil and USA to battle for gold Medal Sunday at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross vs. Spain’s Lili/Elsa for women’s gold medal Sunday at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Brazil, Italy, Latvia and USA earn men's semifinal spots Saturday at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/ Ross leading women’s field to Saturday semis at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Italy’s Rangheiri/Caminati win twice Friday to earn quarterfinal spot at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Hughes/Claes enjoy ‘summer school’ on the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour
- Latvia’s Samoilovs/Smedins win their pool 3-0 on Thursday
- Spain’s Fernandez/Baquerizo lead six 3-0 women’s duos to elimination rounds
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross enjoy two home sand wins Wednesday in Long Beach
- USA Olympians Lucena/Dalhausser start quickly at Long Beach Grand Slam
- Trips to Toronto at stake in Long Beach
- Press review: Volleyball still making headlines after rumble in Rio
- Brazil’s George/Thiago progress to main draw at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Larsen/Flint among eight women qualifiers for main draw at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Priddy completes fourth Olympics with pride
- Joy and gratitude for silver medallists Agatha and Barbara
- Serginho highlights role of libero with Rio 2016 MVP award
- Press review: Brazil crowned in spectacular Olympic finale
- MVP Zhu Ting celebrates Chinese team spirit
- Alison and Bruno split gold medal with coach
- From Rio to Tokyo, the countdown for 2020 is on!
- Social media heats up as Brazil top volleyball world
- For USA’s Lee, “Tokyo no, World Championships yes, if they will have me!”
- 2016 FIVB World Tour regular season finale in USA at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam in SoCal
- Tetyukhin's quarter-century Olympic journey comes to tearful end
- Lang Ping becomes first person in volleyball to win Olympic gold as player and coach
- China ride wave of fans' support to gold
- Volleyball men's top guns set for final battle in Rio
- Social media takes Maracanazinho women's medal match drama around the globe
- Dutchmen “floating” home to meet the "King"! Then Toronto?
- Sloetjes rises above disappointment, looks ahead to Tokyo 2020
- Women's Rio 2016 final an all-female affair
- Europeans showing no gap exists with traditional powers
- This is what it's all about: The medals of Rio 2016
- 16 days of Volleyball House activity ends in true Rio style
- Kiraly “phenomenal feeling” after winning fifth Olympic medal
- Video: The Today Show’s take on Bossaball
- Order rules as referees visit Volleyball House
- 2016 FIVB World Tour update after Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Magic of Copacabana takes over social media
- Unique Maracanazinho semifinal atmosphere captured on social media
- Rematches of Athens 2004 for gold and bronze in Rio 2016
- Medal time is here for women’s tournament
- FIVB delivers impressive sports presentation masterclass at Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Flashback Friday: Volleyball House celebrates Brazil’s Atlanta 1996 heroes
- Alison and Ludwig top Rio 2016 Olympic performers
- Copa Courts sets the scene for future Special Olympics activities
- TALKIN’ STATS: Rio 2016 Olympic Games Beach Volleyball Men’s Review