Volleyball England hosts its first FIVB Beach Get Involved seminar
Kettering, England, June 10, 2014 - Candidates from Slovenia, Cyprus, Ireland, Hungary and England participated in the first FIVB/CEV Beach Get Involved course organised by Volleyball England.
The FIVB Beach Get Involved seminar in Kettering was attended by participants from five different countries |
The seminar, which took place at the end of may, was given by renowned Dutch beach volleyball expert Joep van Iersel. It was held over five days and looked at a variety of topics, including the latest changes to rules, drills, and how to organise a tournament.
Zenon Severis from Cyprus commented: "It was a great experience being part of an FIVB international seminar, great to share experiences and ideas with beach volleyball people from all around the world. I also had a chance to learn things from an FIVB Delegate and a world class beach volleyball athlete now working in England."
Robert Soltesz from Hungary added: "It was a great five days. I have met great people, had great discussions and I will hope to take everything that I have learnt and use it to develop beach volleyball in Hungary."
CEV President André Meyer said: "We are delighted that the second course has taken place in England at the FIVB/CEV Regional Volleyball Development Centre in Kettering. These courses are important in driving up the standards of volleyball across all disciplines and we are delighted that beach volleyball is continuing its growth across Europe."
The third FIVB/CEV event in England will be a FIVB Level 2 Coaching Course and will run from August 18-30.
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- “It’s been a long season”
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League
- SWATCH birthday present awaits Bansley?
- Rio 2016 stars to descend on Manila for Club World Champs
- Toronto becomes the “Capital of Beach Volleyball”
- As the Mikasa Turns - Bansley & Pavan "split" conversation
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup
- TALKIN’ STATS: Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Preview
- Toronto's Tuesday Trial - Pavan’s pristine picture?
- Smashed, tied, revised or still standing: The Records of Rio 2016
- Pools and schedule outlined for Men's Club World Champs
- Trentino, UPCN and Bolivar join top teams at Men’s Club World Champs
- Lupo and Nicolai staying grounded despite Rio silver
- Schedule set as World Tour Finals countdown enters final week
- A month after opening, Brazil still bask in Rio 2016 gold glory
- Relive Egypt's Olympic beach volleyball debut