CEV President signs agreement with Danish Federation to establish Europe’s fifth Regional Volleyball Development Centre
Copenhagen, Denmark, April 14, 2014 - After inspecting its facilities, CEV President André Meyer signed on Monday an agreement with the Danish Volleyball Federation which sets up Europe’s fifth FIVB/CEV Regional Volleyball Development Centre in the Danish capital city, Copenhagen.
From left to right: Danish Volleyball Federation President Erik Jacobsen, CEV President André Meyer and Danish Olympic Committee President Niels Nygaard at the signing of the contract for the establishment of the RVDC in Copenhagen |
CEV President André Meyer started his visit by inspecting – together with Danish Volleyball Federation President Erik Jacobsen and CEO Mikael Trolle – the local Beach Volleyball centre which is due to host a number of youth international competitions in the near future.
After that, the delegation moved to the premises of the National House of Sports in Brøndby, where the CEV President could have a look at the rooms available for educational courses where coaches and other Volleyball experts from all over Europe will come together to share their knowledge of the sport as well as best practices. Mr. Meyer also visited the training facilities that are available within the same complex.
“I am delighted with the agreement we have reached today; the opening of a development centre here in Copenhagen will benefit the promotion of our sport here in Denmark as well as in the neighbouring countries,” Mr. Meyer said. “Last year Denmark hosted Europe’s Volleyball elite for what was a memorable European Championship. Today we are laying the foundations for the sport to continue to grow and are establishing yet another hub for Volleyball excellence; the legacy of this action will be felt for many years to come and turn Denmark into a pivotal actor in our long-term development strategy,” he says.
“It is of great importance for the Danish Volleyball Federation and the development of the sport here in Denmark and in this region that we are going to host a number of international seminars and youth competitions,” comments the President of the Danish Volleyball Federation, Erik Jacobsen. “We are evidently pleased with the trust shown by CEV that decided to establish here in Denmark one of their Regional Volleyball Development Centres.”
The agreement for establishment of this RVDC was signed by Mr. Meyer and Jacobsen as well as by the President of the Danish Olympic Committee, Niels Nygaard. “We are very happy that our Federation got the right to establish this hub for Volleyball excellence here in Copenhagen. Last year we got to see the skills of our people when they organised a great European Championship. Today we are celebrating another big step in the development of Volleyball here in Denmark,” he says.
Denmark joins Azerbaijan, England, Italy, and Luxembourg that already host an FIVB/CEV Regional Volleyball Development Centre (RVDC).
- Sada Cruzeiro and Minas Tênis Clube to host 2016 edition of Men's Club World Championship
- World Tour Finals features Olympic champs
- Brazil remain top of men’s world ranking after gold finish in Rio 2016
- Olympic champions China reach top spot in women’s world ranking
- Brazil’s Pedro/Evandro win battle of Olympians over USA for gold at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross overcome Spain’s Lili/Elsa for gold medal at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Latvia’s Samoilovs/Smedins roar to bronze medal win at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Germany’s Sude/Laboureur capture bronze medal at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Olympians from Brazil and USA to battle for gold Medal Sunday at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross vs. Spain’s Lili/Elsa for women’s gold medal Sunday at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Brazil, Italy, Latvia and USA earn men's semifinal spots Saturday at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/ Ross leading women’s field to Saturday semis at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Italy’s Rangheiri/Caminati win twice Friday to earn quarterfinal spot at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Hughes/Claes enjoy ‘summer school’ on the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour
- Latvia’s Samoilovs/Smedins win their pool 3-0 on Thursday
- Spain’s Fernandez/Baquerizo lead six 3-0 women’s duos to elimination rounds
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross enjoy two home sand wins Wednesday in Long Beach
- USA Olympians Lucena/Dalhausser start quickly at Long Beach Grand Slam
- Trips to Toronto at stake in Long Beach
- Press review: Volleyball still making headlines after rumble in Rio
- Brazil’s George/Thiago progress to main draw at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Larsen/Flint among eight women qualifiers for main draw at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Priddy completes fourth Olympics with pride
- Joy and gratitude for silver medallists Agatha and Barbara
- Serginho highlights role of libero with Rio 2016 MVP award
- Press review: Brazil crowned in spectacular Olympic finale
- MVP Zhu Ting celebrates Chinese team spirit
- Alison and Bruno split gold medal with coach
- From Rio to Tokyo, the countdown for 2020 is on!
- Social media heats up as Brazil top volleyball world
- For USA’s Lee, “Tokyo no, World Championships yes, if they will have me!”
- 2016 FIVB World Tour regular season finale in USA at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam in SoCal
- Tetyukhin's quarter-century Olympic journey comes to tearful end
- Lang Ping becomes first person in volleyball to win Olympic gold as player and coach
- China ride wave of fans' support to gold
- Volleyball men's top guns set for final battle in Rio
- Social media takes Maracanazinho women's medal match drama around the globe
- Dutchmen “floating” home to meet the "King"! Then Toronto?
- Sloetjes rises above disappointment, looks ahead to Tokyo 2020
- Women's Rio 2016 final an all-female affair
- Europeans showing no gap exists with traditional powers
- This is what it's all about: The medals of Rio 2016
- 16 days of Volleyball House activity ends in true Rio style
- Kiraly “phenomenal feeling” after winning fifth Olympic medal
- Video: The Today Show’s take on Bossaball
- Order rules as referees visit Volleyball House
- 2016 FIVB World Tour update after Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Magic of Copacabana takes over social media
- Unique Maracanazinho semifinal atmosphere captured on social media
- Rematches of Athens 2004 for gold and bronze in Rio 2016