President completes important SportAccord visit
Belek, Turkey, April 9, 2014 – FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° completed a pivotal visit to the SportAccord Convention in Belek, Turkey where he met with IOC President Thomas Bach and many other key dignitaries.
A beach volleyball demonstration on the Mediterranean coast played a key part to the FIVB's presence at SportAccord in Belek, Turkey|
President Graça held a “very fruitful“ meeting with the IOC President on Tuesday where he had the possibility to discuss the latest developments in the world of volleyball and how volleyball can continue to benefit the Olympic Movement.
That meeting followed the ASOIF general assembly while on Wednesday, President Graca also participated in the IOC Executive Board meeting with the International Summer Sport Olympic Federations.
President Graça was also popular with the local and international media, with the Anadolu Agency particularly interested in the President’s thoughts on Turkey’s chances to win the FIVB Volleyball Women’s World Championship Italy 2014, which will be held from September 23 to October 12, where, in the presence of the Turkish Volleyball Federation President Mr. Ozkan Mutlugil, he congratulated the Turkish women’s team for their recent results and for the hard work they have provided over the past 12 years.
The FIVB’s presence in Belek was highlighted by a beach volleyball demonstration on the Mediterranean coast. The demonstration consisted of a 40-minute demonstration match followed by a 30-minute game where Turkish international athletes, Selçuk Şekerci and Murat Giginoglu, and German international athletes, Eric Koreng and Finn Dittelbach, teamed up with members of the media and some SportAccord delegates. This inclusive event demonstrated that beach volleyball is a truly entertaining and exciting sport both to watch and to play, and the FIVB had offered the delegates a taste of the spirit of volleyball in the build-up to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
The SportAccord Convention, which ends on Friday, is a six-day annual gathering of over 2,500 leading representatives from international sport. It encompasses the Congress and General Assemblies of the IOC, ASOIF and AIOWF whose members consist of 108 International Sports Federations (IFs) and Associate Members.
- Agatha and Barbara top rankings after Netherlands heroics
- Brazil dominates podium in The Hague
- FIVB World Tour resumes in Switzerland at Swatch FIVB Gstaad Major
- Brazil, China and USA complete weekend sweep in Group 1
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour season update following
FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships the Netherlands 2015
- Australians get second win in Group 1, Finns and Argentines grab 3-1 wins in Group 2
- Egypt win World League Group 3 Finals to advance in Group 2 next year
- Brazilian World Champions Show Improvement
- FIVB President applauds the Netherlands as beach volleyball embarks on new era
- Silver medal finish boasts Fernanda & Lima’s FIVB World Tour rankings
- FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix, Day 5: Brazil, China, USA all two-from-two in Group 1 to start 2015 tournament
- FIVB Volleyball World League Day 25 - USA secure top spot in Pool B, France finish Pool play with a perfect 12 wins
- Montenegro and Egypt to play for the gold in Group 3 Finals
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships Day Nine - As It Happened
- USA’s Brunner/Lucena Trying to Capture Magic from Season’s Past
- World Grand Prix in full swing with start of Groups 1 and 2
- World League highlights three superb five-setters on Day 24
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day Eight - As It Happened
- Brazilian Semifinal Victories Net Olympic Berth
- 50/50 chances for semifinal Holtwick/Semmler versus Lima/Fernanda
- Heartbreak for brave Bawden and Clancy at World Championships
- Australia competing to stay among volleyball's best
- World League Group 3 finalists have their say
- Smejkal: "Second place in pool D is our goal"
- Turkey hosts USA, Belgium, Italy in World Grand Prix
- Vercesi: "Securing a spot at the Finals remains our main objective"
- Getting Social: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day 7
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day Seven - As It Happened
- Brazil captures both quarterfinals Thursday in amazing Apeldoorn
- Day 23 sees Brazil and France extend their lead after both record straight sets victories
- Lucena and Brunner lead semifinals charges as Amsterdam closes for business
- Peru, Colombia, Cuba and Kazakhstan prepare for Pool P encounters in Trujillo
- U20 Drawing of Lots ceremony held in Puerto Rico
- Antiga: "We are now playing for a ticket to the Finals in Rio"
- Alluring Apeldoorn anxiously awaits awesome aria of Quarterfinals tonight
- Australia take on Serbia and Turkey play USA, live on YouTube
- Juliana and Maria Antonelli win Brazilian battle to advance
- Poland and USA prepare for Pool B climax
- Sanderson ready for emotional homecoming
- Qataris move on to quarter-finals
- World Grand Prix Pool A coaches expect challenging weekend
- Americans, Dutch, Germans & Russian Post Elimination Wins
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships Day Six - As It Happened
- Getting Social: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day 6
- Awesome Apeldoorn angst approaching Thursday’s Round of 16, quarterfinals
- Qataris upset the form book to advance in Amsterdam
- FIVB President congratulates Amsterdam on spectacular event
- World champs live stream opens
- Predictable Women Winners Wednesday
- Amiable Apeldoorn absolutely awesome area for elimination rounds