President completes important SportAccord visit
Belek, Turkey, April 9, 2014 – FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° completed a pivotal visit to the SportAccord Convention in Belek, Turkey where he met with IOC President Thomas Bach and many other key dignitaries.
A beach volleyball demonstration on the Mediterranean coast played a key part to the FIVB's presence at SportAccord in Belek, Turkey|
President Graça held a “very fruitful“ meeting with the IOC President on Tuesday where he had the possibility to discuss the latest developments in the world of volleyball and how volleyball can continue to benefit the Olympic Movement.
That meeting followed the ASOIF general assembly while on Wednesday, President Graca also participated in the IOC Executive Board meeting with the International Summer Sport Olympic Federations.
President Graça was also popular with the local and international media, with the Anadolu Agency particularly interested in the President’s thoughts on Turkey’s chances to win the FIVB Volleyball Women’s World Championship Italy 2014, which will be held from September 23 to October 12, where, in the presence of the Turkish Volleyball Federation President Mr. Ozkan Mutlugil, he congratulated the Turkish women’s team for their recent results and for the hard work they have provided over the past 12 years.
The FIVB’s presence in Belek was highlighted by a beach volleyball demonstration on the Mediterranean coast. The demonstration consisted of a 40-minute demonstration match followed by a 30-minute game where Turkish international athletes, Selçuk Şekerci and Murat Giginoglu, and German international athletes, Eric Koreng and Finn Dittelbach, teamed up with members of the media and some SportAccord delegates. This inclusive event demonstrated that beach volleyball is a truly entertaining and exciting sport both to watch and to play, and the FIVB had offered the delegates a taste of the spirit of volleyball in the build-up to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
The SportAccord Convention, which ends on Friday, is a six-day annual gathering of over 2,500 leading representatives from international sport. It encompasses the Congress and General Assemblies of the IOC, ASOIF and AIOWF whose members consist of 108 International Sports Federations (IFs) and Associate Members.
- Second round has arrived with promises of more exciting matches
- Video challenge eyes the court in second and final round
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 8 - As It Happened
- Introducing Round 2: Russia, USA, Turkey and Bulgaria seek a pass to the Final Six
- Coaches in Trieste expect a close affair
- 2014 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour update after 14 events
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 7 - As It Happened
- Vargas has memory to cherish
- Sheilla: In the heart of Italian fans
- Asian Games favourites show determination in men's tournament
- First round concludes with thrilling matches across Italy
- Ma-Xia win beach volleyball gold at Asian Games
- First FIVB World Tour medal bittersweet for Italy's Menegatti/Orsi Toth
- Call brings old Brazilian friends back together on the beach
- Turkey, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Belgium claim last second round tickets
- President Medina visits Dominican compatriots in Italy
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 6 - As It Happened
- Brazil holds off Italy to win women’s gold at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Netherlands stops Brazil for men’s gold medal at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- China’s Ma-Xia to face Thailand’s Udomchavee-Radarong in the final of Asian Games beach volleyball tournament
- Final four spots into Women's World Championship 2nd Round to be settled Sunday
- Korea, Japan, Iran, China men top pools in Asian Games
- Varenhorst calls in the Experience to FIVB Sao Paulo Grand Slam
- Beach growing in the land of Volleyball
- Korea, China, Thailand, Japan advance to Asian Games semis
- Fourth day capped by exciting action, big crowds
- Brazil, Netherlands to tangle for men’s gold Sunday at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- China keep a clean sheet; four second round spots still open
- Brazil to meet Italy for women’s gold at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 5 - As It Happened
- Last-minute invite leads Popp to fifth place at FIVB Sao Paulo Grand Slam
- Four China teams make Asian Games beach volleyball semis
- Teams scramble for open spots into the second round
- Men’s final four set for Saturday’s semifinals at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Women’s final four set for Saturday’s semis at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Slow end doesn't dull Czech Republic's Slukova/Kolocova breakthrough year
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 4 - As It Happened
- “Catherine the Great” sets sights on title hat-trick
- Twenty-four men’s duos advance from pool play Thursday at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Down to seven undefeated teams in Italy
- Canada's Binstock/Schachter earn memorable triple in São Paulo
- Women’s field reduced to 24 teams at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Seven teams claim second round tickets at FIVB Women’s World Championship
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 3 - As it Happened
- Were you at the final?
- Austria's Schwaiger on road to Rio with new teammate
- Day three to feature first meetings with eight undefeated teams
- Ten unbeaten women’s teams Wednesday at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Five huge surprises in men’s pool play FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam Wednesday
- Eight undefeated teams stand in good position to advance to second round after Day 2