President completes important SportAccord visit
Belek, Turkey, April 9, 2014 – FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° completed a pivotal visit to the SportAccord Convention in Belek, Turkey where he met with IOC President Thomas Bach and many other key dignitaries.
A beach volleyball demonstration on the Mediterranean coast played a key part to the FIVB's presence at SportAccord in Belek, Turkey|
President Graça held a “very fruitful“ meeting with the IOC President on Tuesday where he had the possibility to discuss the latest developments in the world of volleyball and how volleyball can continue to benefit the Olympic Movement.
That meeting followed the ASOIF general assembly while on Wednesday, President Graca also participated in the IOC Executive Board meeting with the International Summer Sport Olympic Federations.
President Graça was also popular with the local and international media, with the Anadolu Agency particularly interested in the President’s thoughts on Turkey’s chances to win the FIVB Volleyball Women’s World Championship Italy 2014, which will be held from September 23 to October 12, where, in the presence of the Turkish Volleyball Federation President Mr. Ozkan Mutlugil, he congratulated the Turkish women’s team for their recent results and for the hard work they have provided over the past 12 years.
The FIVB’s presence in Belek was highlighted by a beach volleyball demonstration on the Mediterranean coast. The demonstration consisted of a 40-minute demonstration match followed by a 30-minute game where Turkish international athletes, Selçuk Şekerci and Murat Giginoglu, and German international athletes, Eric Koreng and Finn Dittelbach, teamed up with members of the media and some SportAccord delegates. This inclusive event demonstrated that beach volleyball is a truly entertaining and exciting sport both to watch and to play, and the FIVB had offered the delegates a taste of the spirit of volleyball in the build-up to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
The SportAccord Convention, which ends on Friday, is a six-day annual gathering of over 2,500 leading representatives from international sport. It encompasses the Congress and General Assemblies of the IOC, ASOIF and AIOWF whose members consist of 108 International Sports Federations (IFs) and Associate Members.
- Olympic champs Ludwig and Walkenhorst aiming for new heights
- Bidding process opened for 2017 Men's Club World Championship
- Iran, Japan, China, Chinese Taipei reach AVC Cup semifinals
- 2017 World League Finals bidding process launched
- Angela Leyva in rising orbit ahead of 2017 World Grand Prix Group 2
- Ricardo and Andre win Brazil Tour opener
- World Championship beckons for Dominican Republic, Argentina and Cuba after U23 Pan Am Cup
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League
- SWATCH birthday present awaits Bansley?
- Rio 2016 stars to descend on Manila for Club World Champs
- Toronto becomes the “Capital of Beach Volleyball”
- As the Mikasa Turns - Bansley & Pavan "split" conversation
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup