Volleyball will have a big role to play – President Graça
Lausanne, Switzerland, April 4, 2014 – FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° closed the 2014 Board of Administration meeting on Friday after a very successful and fruitful two days of discussions by praising the members for their dedication to developing volleyball and believing in the new direction the FIVB is heading.
“Thank you for a lot of things, but especially to be here. It is very important for us, everybody came, everybody participated. It was a satisfaction that almost all of you participated in our debates. This is very stimulating to see that you are committed with volleyball. You are here because you love volleyball. You are very busy people but you are here because you really love volleyball.
“It was a great surprise and emotional to receive your praise but most importantly, it is good to know and see that things are working. Nothing would happen without your help. Thank you for your words but without the help of the Confederation Presidents, the Board of Administration, the Executive Committee and all the Commissions that work very hard, it would be impossible to go anywhere.
“The same way you gave me good words, I’m saying the same to you because I feel you are all committed to volleyball. You are going to help the FIVB develop and in the few years we are going to be the second sport in the world, I believe in that.
“Together we can make a lot of things but people in the national federations must help themselves, by also asking for local support. However, we must be confident. The FIVB and volleyball is going to have a big role to play in the very near future.”
Earlier in the day, the FIVB Board of Administration members ratified the decisions of the Beach Volleyball Commission and Sports Events Council and approved the proposals of the Rules of the Game Commission, Refereeing Commission, TV & New Media Commission and the combined Rules of the Game Commission and Refereeing Commission including a new rules test – the block and the first contact - which will be conducted at the 2014 Beach Volleyball Age Group World Championships this year.
The meeting closed with the presentation of the activities of the Confederations, which continue to blossom under the new leadership of the FIVB.
The next FIVB Board of Administration meeting will take place on October 29, two days before the FIVB Congress, which will be held in Milan, Italy from October 31 to November 1.
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 9 - LIVE
- Second round has arrived with promises of more exciting matches
- Video challenge eyes the court in second and final round
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 8 - As It Happened
- Introducing Round 2: Russia, USA, Turkey and Bulgaria seek a pass to the Final Six
- Coaches in Trieste expect a close affair
- 2014 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour update after 14 events
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 7 - As It Happened
- Vargas has memory to cherish
- Sheilla: In the heart of Italian fans
- Asian Games favourites show determination in men's tournament
- First round concludes with thrilling matches across Italy
- Ma-Xia win beach volleyball gold at Asian Games
- First FIVB World Tour medal bittersweet for Italy's Menegatti/Orsi Toth
- Call brings old Brazilian friends back together on the beach
- Turkey, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Belgium claim last second round tickets
- President Medina visits Dominican compatriots in Italy
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 6 - As It Happened
- Brazil holds off Italy to win women’s gold at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Netherlands stops Brazil for men’s gold medal at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- China’s Ma-Xia to face Thailand’s Udomchavee-Radarong in the final of Asian Games beach volleyball tournament
- Final four spots into Women's World Championship 2nd Round to be settled Sunday
- Korea, Japan, Iran, China men top pools in Asian Games
- Varenhorst calls in the Experience to FIVB Sao Paulo Grand Slam
- Beach growing in the land of Volleyball
- Korea, China, Thailand, Japan advance to Asian Games semis
- Fourth day capped by exciting action, big crowds
- Brazil, Netherlands to tangle for men’s gold Sunday at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- China keep a clean sheet; four second round spots still open
- Brazil to meet Italy for women’s gold at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 5 - As It Happened
- Last-minute invite leads Popp to fifth place at FIVB Sao Paulo Grand Slam
- Four China teams make Asian Games beach volleyball semis
- Teams scramble for open spots into the second round
- Men’s final four set for Saturday’s semifinals at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Women’s final four set for Saturday’s semis at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Slow end doesn't dull Czech Republic's Slukova/Kolocova breakthrough year
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 4 - As It Happened
- “Catherine the Great” sets sights on title hat-trick
- Twenty-four men’s duos advance from pool play Thursday at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Down to seven undefeated teams in Italy
- Canada's Binstock/Schachter earn memorable triple in São Paulo
- Women’s field reduced to 24 teams at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Seven teams claim second round tickets at FIVB Women’s World Championship
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 3 - As it Happened
- Were you at the final?
- Austria's Schwaiger on road to Rio with new teammate
- Day three to feature first meetings with eight undefeated teams
- Ten unbeaten women’s teams Wednesday at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Five huge surprises in men’s pool play FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam Wednesday