Volleyball will have a big role to play – President Graça
Lausanne, Switzerland, April 4, 2014 – FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° closed the 2014 Board of Administration meeting on Friday after a very successful and fruitful two days of discussions by praising the members for their dedication to developing volleyball and believing in the new direction the FIVB is heading.
“Thank you for a lot of things, but especially to be here. It is very important for us, everybody came, everybody participated. It was a satisfaction that almost all of you participated in our debates. This is very stimulating to see that you are committed with volleyball. You are here because you love volleyball. You are very busy people but you are here because you really love volleyball.
“It was a great surprise and emotional to receive your praise but most importantly, it is good to know and see that things are working. Nothing would happen without your help. Thank you for your words but without the help of the Confederation Presidents, the Board of Administration, the Executive Committee and all the Commissions that work very hard, it would be impossible to go anywhere.
“The same way you gave me good words, I’m saying the same to you because I feel you are all committed to volleyball. You are going to help the FIVB develop and in the few years we are going to be the second sport in the world, I believe in that.
“Together we can make a lot of things but people in the national federations must help themselves, by also asking for local support. However, we must be confident. The FIVB and volleyball is going to have a big role to play in the very near future.”
Earlier in the day, the FIVB Board of Administration members ratified the decisions of the Beach Volleyball Commission and Sports Events Council and approved the proposals of the Rules of the Game Commission, Refereeing Commission, TV & New Media Commission and the combined Rules of the Game Commission and Refereeing Commission including a new rules test – the block and the first contact - which will be conducted at the 2014 Beach Volleyball Age Group World Championships this year.
The meeting closed with the presentation of the activities of the Confederations, which continue to blossom under the new leadership of the FIVB.
The next FIVB Board of Administration meeting will take place on October 29, two days before the FIVB Congress, which will be held in Milan, Italy from October 31 to November 1.
- Olympic champs Ludwig and Walkenhorst aiming for new heights
- Bidding process opened for 2017 Men's Club World Championship
- Iran, Japan, China, Chinese Taipei reach AVC Cup semifinals
- 2017 World League Finals bidding process launched
- Angela Leyva in rising orbit ahead of 2017 World Grand Prix Group 2
- Ricardo and Andre win Brazil Tour opener
- World Championship beckons for Dominican Republic, Argentina and Cuba after U23 Pan Am Cup
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League
- SWATCH birthday present awaits Bansley?
- Rio 2016 stars to descend on Manila for Club World Champs
- Toronto becomes the “Capital of Beach Volleyball”
- As the Mikasa Turns - Bansley & Pavan "split" conversation
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup