Board puts volleyball on the path to greater success
Lausanne, Switzerland, April 3, 2014 –The International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) Board of Administration completed vibrant discussions on key subjects in order to take volleyball towards an exciting new era on the opening day of its annual meeting at the Lausanne headquarters on Thursday.
The members of the FIVB Board of Administration outside the FIVB headquarters in Lausanne|
FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° encouraged all the members to carry on the outstanding spirit which is currently enveloping the FIVB and its member federations in his opening address of the meeting before the FIVB Board of Administration members discussed and approved many proposals throughout the day to go to the FIVB Congress, all in the aim of taking the FIVB and the sport of volleyball to a new level of dynamism and innovation.
The FIVB Board of Administration received proposals from the FIVB Finance, Press, Legal, Development, Technical, Coaching and Medical Commissions. All approved proposals will go forward to the FIVB Congress, which will be held from October 31 to November 1 in Milan, Italy.
The meeting started with the FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° encouraging all members to focus on what lies ahead. “Together we have a bright future, to be bigger than we are today,” he said. “Let’s help volleyball, with your help and support we will succeed in this mission.”
The President concluded the meeting by applauding all the members for their active contribution. "This shows to me, everyone is inline with our vision and inspired by the direction of where volleyball is going."
The guest of honour at the FIVB Board of Administration meeting was Olympic Broadcasting Services Chief Executive Officer Yiannis Exarchos who outlined the key changes in Olympic television and the exciting future ahead.
With all 32 members in attendance, plus the Presidents of the 11 FIVB Commissions and Sports Events Council, it made for a packed meeting room and invigorating debate.
The Board approved the FIVB Treasurer’s Report, the Budget, the External Audit Report by Ernst & Young, the Financial Controller’s Report and the Internal Audit Report. It also ratified the date and location of the next FIVB Congress - In Milan, Italy form October 31 to November 1.
The members also received an update on the proposed extension of the FIVB headquarters to include a “Hall of Dreams” – a virtual museum for which the project is expected to start in July.
The second and final day of the Board of Administration will be completed on Friday, with reports from the Beach Volleyball Commission, Sports Events Council, Rules of the Game Commission and TV & New Media Commission on the agenda in addition to the reports from each of the five Confederations.
- 35th FIVB Congress to open in period of unprecedented growth for volleyball
- Eczacibasi celebrate golden anniversary ahead of Club Worlds
- Official FIVB World Congress website now open
- Buenos Aires to welcome Volleyball Your Way festival
- Preparations in full swing at PSL Manila
- Galaxy of Olympic stars in 2016-17 Brazil Superleagues
- Brilliant Barbara, Fabulous Fernanda newest Brazilian beach duo
- Iran, China to clash in final of Men's AVC Cup
- Olympic champs Ludwig and Walkenhorst aiming for new heights
- Iran, Japan, China, Chinese Taipei reach AVC Cup semifinals
- 2017 World League Finals bidding process launched
- Angela Leyva in rising orbit ahead of 2017 World Grand Prix Group 2
- Ricardo and Andre win Brazil Tour opener
- World Championship beckons for Dominican Republic, Argentina and Cuba after U23 Pan Am Cup
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada