Board puts volleyball on the path to greater success
Lausanne, Switzerland, April 3, 2014 –The International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) Board of Administration completed vibrant discussions on key subjects in order to take volleyball towards an exciting new era on the opening day of its annual meeting at the Lausanne headquarters on Thursday.
The members of the FIVB Board of Administration outside the FIVB headquarters in Lausanne|
FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° encouraged all the members to carry on the outstanding spirit which is currently enveloping the FIVB and its member federations in his opening address of the meeting before the FIVB Board of Administration members discussed and approved many proposals throughout the day to go to the FIVB Congress, all in the aim of taking the FIVB and the sport of volleyball to a new level of dynamism and innovation.
The FIVB Board of Administration received proposals from the FIVB Finance, Press, Legal, Development, Technical, Coaching and Medical Commissions. All approved proposals will go forward to the FIVB Congress, which will be held from October 31 to November 1 in Milan, Italy.
The meeting started with the FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° encouraging all members to focus on what lies ahead. “Together we have a bright future, to be bigger than we are today,” he said. “Let’s help volleyball, with your help and support we will succeed in this mission.”
The President concluded the meeting by applauding all the members for their active contribution. "This shows to me, everyone is inline with our vision and inspired by the direction of where volleyball is going."
The guest of honour at the FIVB Board of Administration meeting was Olympic Broadcasting Services Chief Executive Officer Yiannis Exarchos who outlined the key changes in Olympic television and the exciting future ahead.
With all 32 members in attendance, plus the Presidents of the 11 FIVB Commissions and Sports Events Council, it made for a packed meeting room and invigorating debate.
The Board approved the FIVB Treasurer’s Report, the Budget, the External Audit Report by Ernst & Young, the Financial Controller’s Report and the Internal Audit Report. It also ratified the date and location of the next FIVB Congress - In Milan, Italy form October 31 to November 1.
The members also received an update on the proposed extension of the FIVB headquarters to include a “Hall of Dreams” – a virtual museum for which the project is expected to start in July.
The second and final day of the Board of Administration will be completed on Friday, with reports from the Beach Volleyball Commission, Sports Events Council, Rules of the Game Commission and TV & New Media Commission on the agenda in addition to the reports from each of the five Confederations.
- Caps, cake and first place for the McNamara twins
- Early pool winners at the FIVB U19 World Championships
- Big game ahead for France and Argentina in pool C
- Brazil’s Arthur and George Wanderley love the art of beach volleyball
- Women’s field set for round of 16, quarterfinals at FIVB Klagenfurt A1 Grand Slam
- Men’s pool play nets 12 undefeated teams at FIVB Klagenfurt A1 Grand Slam
- Early birthday present for Brazil’s Eduarda at the U19 in Porto
- World Grand Prix 'Match of the week' programme focuses on Turkey-Russia
- 1990: Last World Championship title for the Soviet Union and first for Italy
- Gamova changes her mind, joins Russian national team for World Championship
- José Jardim, a promising player on and off the sand
- Top teams on track on the opening day of the U19 World Championships
- Perfect start for German and Russian girls at the U19 in Porto
- Venezuela takes early pool lead at the U19 World Championships
- Eleven unbeaten teams in women’s main draw at FIVB Klagenfurt A1 Grand Slam
- Eight teams earn men’s main draw spots at FIVB Klagenfurt A1 Grand Slam
- Lucky losers from Lithuania happy with second chance at the U19 in Porto
- Statistical preview: Brazil begin quest for tenth World Grand Prix title
- FIVB Men's World Championship draws near
- Eight qualifiers and six lucky losers into U19 World Championships main draw
- Welsch/Bieneck into U19 main draw with a little help from ‘big sis’ Victoria
- Eight teams advance to women’s main draw at FIVB Klagenfurt A1 Grand Slam
- Australia’s Guehrer and Hunter take first stepping-stone at U19
- Vlado Nikolov returns to the fold for World Championships
- Iconic $800,000 FIVB Klagenfurt A1 Grand Slam starts in Austria
- “Jenny” Lang Ping: a legendary wanderer between worlds
- World Grand Prix Week 2: Big twelve begin title chase
- Puerto Rico: “Soto-Man” makes experience count
- Talking Stats: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour—July 29
- Medal winners return to Porto for the U19 World Championships
- Poland, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Bulgaria assume early pool leadership in World Grand Prix
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour update after 11 events
- Elisa Togut looks ahead to Women's World Championship
- Social Timeline: Golden fun in the Long Beach sun
- Social Timeline: New format, same excitement as 2014 Grand Prix begins
- Historic success for Mexico
- USA’s Dalhausser & Rosenthal net third 2014 World Tour gold
- Ross/Walsh Jennings capture women’s gold on home sand
- Back-to-back Larnaka gold for Poland’s Bryl and Kujawiak
- Four European teams keep spotless win-records in World Grand Prix
- Brazil to battle USA Sunday for Long Beach women’s gold
- Men’s Long Beach final between Poland, USA
- U21 World Championships in Larnaka down to last eight
- Collin cites competition
- Kenya stand as sole debutant winner on World Grand Prix opener
- Two USA duos along with Germany, Poland win quarterfinals Friday in Long Beach
- Women’s elite eight ready for quarterfinals and semis in Long Beach
- Top teams thrive at U21 World Championships
- Lima is ready for the World Grand Prix
- Akers applies authentic accentuate