Let’s maintain exciting vision – President Graça tells Executive Committee
Lausanne, Switzerland, April 2, 2014 – FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° encouraged all the members of the International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) Executive Committee to continue their great work and maintain the FIVB’s vision towards an exciting future for the organisation and for volleyball overall during its opening meeting of 2014 at its Lausanne headquarters on Wednesday.
President Graça pinpointed the FIVB Volleyball World Championships 2014 as key events to take the promotion of volleyball to another level|
Dr. Graça applauded the Committee members during the meeting - where the members reviewed all the proposals of the FIVB Commissions in preparation for the FIVB Board of Administration meeting, which will be held on Thursday and Friday - for their great effort during the past year and the many accomplishments achieved over the last 12 months however he stressed there was still plenty of work ahead in order to continue the growth and development of volleyball around the world.
“Our future promises to be very exciting,” Dr Graça said. “We have a great sport and coupled with the extremely proficient and passionate individuals who represent volleyball around the world, we have the necessary manpower and tools to continue to take volleyball to another level.
“Let’s keep looking forward. The last year has been very hard working and we are continuing the evolution, everything in the past was good but we must improve or we will stay behind.
“I have been traveling all around the world. I visited the Congress of all the Confederations, which were very beneficial for all parties, especially myself, providing a great opportunity to meet all the members of the FIVB family. I would like to
congratulate the Confederation Presidents, I feel and I have seen they
are working very hard. We must continue to be close, working together
whilst at the same time respecting their individual needs.
“Now the FIVB has a new development plan where the federations can ask for assistance and they have the full support of the international governing body for volleyball but of course, what comes with that is responsibility on their part, a responsibility to deliver.
"Our two disciplines continue to undergo encouraging modifications with new technology at the forefront of our ongoing innovation. Beach volleyball has improved this year with more events and record prize money while the two Drawing of Lots for the FIVB Volleyball World Championships were the best ever I have participated in. I would like to congratulate Poland and Italy for a great show, which provided a great preview of what we can expect later this year during the World Championship proper. I’m sure we are going to have two successful World Championships in two great volleyball countries. Let's make no mistake, this is our great chance to promote volleyball.”
The FIVB Executive Committee gave a round of applause to FIVB Honorary Life President and Advisor to the Board of Administration Jizhong Wei who was in the meeting having recently recovered from surgery.
The FIVB Board of Administration meeting will run from 09:00 to 18:00 (Lausanne time) on Thursday and Friday.
- Latvia’s Samoilovs/Smedins roar to bronze medal win at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Germany’s Sude/Laboureur capture bronze medal at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Olympians from Brazil and USA to battle for gold Medal Sunday at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross vs. Spain’s Lili/Elsa for women’s gold medal Sunday at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Brazil, Italy, Latvia and USA earn men's semifinal spots Saturday at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/ Ross leading women’s field to Saturday semis at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Italy’s Rangheiri/Caminati win twice Friday to earn quarterfinal spot at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Hughes/Claes enjoy ‘summer school’ on the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour
- Latvia’s Samoilovs/Smedins win their pool 3-0 on Thursday
- Spain’s Fernandez/Baquerizo lead six 3-0 women’s duos to elimination rounds
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross enjoy two home sand wins Wednesday in Long Beach
- USA Olympians Lucena/Dalhausser start quickly at Long Beach Grand Slam
- Trips to Toronto at stake in Long Beach
- Press review: Volleyball still making headlines after rumble in Rio
- Brazil’s George/Thiago progress to main draw at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Larsen/Flint among eight women qualifiers for main draw at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Priddy completes fourth Olympics with pride
- Joy and gratitude for silver medallists Agatha and Barbara
- Serginho highlights role of libero with Rio 2016 MVP award
- Press review: Brazil crowned in spectacular Olympic finale
- MVP Zhu Ting celebrates Chinese team spirit
- Alison and Bruno split gold medal with coach
- From Rio to Tokyo, the countdown for 2020 is on!
- Social media heats up as Brazil top volleyball world
- For USA’s Lee, “Tokyo no, World Championships yes, if they will have me!”
- 2016 FIVB World Tour regular season finale in USA at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam in SoCal
- Tetyukhin's quarter-century Olympic journey comes to tearful end
- Lang Ping becomes first person in volleyball to win Olympic gold as player and coach
- China ride wave of fans' support to gold
- Volleyball men's top guns set for final battle in Rio
- Social media takes Maracanazinho women's medal match drama around the globe
- Dutchmen “floating” home to meet the "King"! Then Toronto?
- Sloetjes rises above disappointment, looks ahead to Tokyo 2020
- Women's Rio 2016 final an all-female affair
- Europeans showing no gap exists with traditional powers
- This is what it's all about: The medals of Rio 2016
- 16 days of Volleyball House activity ends in true Rio style
- Kiraly “phenomenal feeling” after winning fifth Olympic medal
- Video: The Today Show’s take on Bossaball
- Order rules as referees visit Volleyball House
- 2016 FIVB World Tour update after Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Magic of Copacabana takes over social media
- Unique Maracanazinho semifinal atmosphere captured on social media
- Rematches of Athens 2004 for gold and bronze in Rio 2016
- Medal time is here for women’s tournament
- FIVB delivers impressive sports presentation masterclass at Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Flashback Friday: Volleyball House celebrates Brazil’s Atlanta 1996 heroes
- Alison and Ludwig top Rio 2016 Olympic performers
- Copa Courts sets the scene for future Special Olympics activities
- TALKIN’ STATS: Rio 2016 Olympic Games Beach Volleyball Men’s Review