Let’s maintain exciting vision – President Graça tells Executive Committee
Lausanne, Switzerland, April 2, 2014 – FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° encouraged all the members of the International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) Executive Committee to continue their great work and maintain the FIVB’s vision towards an exciting future for the organisation and for volleyball overall during its opening meeting of 2014 at its Lausanne headquarters on Wednesday.
President Graça pinpointed the FIVB Volleyball World Championships 2014 as key events to take the promotion of volleyball to another level|
Dr. Graça applauded the Committee members during the meeting - where the members reviewed all the proposals of the FIVB Commissions in preparation for the FIVB Board of Administration meeting, which will be held on Thursday and Friday - for their great effort during the past year and the many accomplishments achieved over the last 12 months however he stressed there was still plenty of work ahead in order to continue the growth and development of volleyball around the world.
“Our future promises to be very exciting,” Dr Graça said. “We have a great sport and coupled with the extremely proficient and passionate individuals who represent volleyball around the world, we have the necessary manpower and tools to continue to take volleyball to another level.
“Let’s keep looking forward. The last year has been very hard working and we are continuing the evolution, everything in the past was good but we must improve or we will stay behind.
“I have been traveling all around the world. I visited the Congress of all the Confederations, which were very beneficial for all parties, especially myself, providing a great opportunity to meet all the members of the FIVB family. I would like to
congratulate the Confederation Presidents, I feel and I have seen they
are working very hard. We must continue to be close, working together
whilst at the same time respecting their individual needs.
“Now the FIVB has a new development plan where the federations can ask for assistance and they have the full support of the international governing body for volleyball but of course, what comes with that is responsibility on their part, a responsibility to deliver.
"Our two disciplines continue to undergo encouraging modifications with new technology at the forefront of our ongoing innovation. Beach volleyball has improved this year with more events and record prize money while the two Drawing of Lots for the FIVB Volleyball World Championships were the best ever I have participated in. I would like to congratulate Poland and Italy for a great show, which provided a great preview of what we can expect later this year during the World Championship proper. I’m sure we are going to have two successful World Championships in two great volleyball countries. Let's make no mistake, this is our great chance to promote volleyball.”
The FIVB Executive Committee gave a round of applause to FIVB Honorary Life President and Advisor to the Board of Administration Jizhong Wei who was in the meeting having recently recovered from surgery.
The FIVB Board of Administration meeting will run from 09:00 to 18:00 (Lausanne time) on Thursday and Friday.
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- “It’s been a long season”
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League
- SWATCH birthday present awaits Bansley?
- Rio 2016 stars to descend on Manila for Club World Champs
- Toronto becomes the “Capital of Beach Volleyball”
- As the Mikasa Turns - Bansley & Pavan "split" conversation
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup
- TALKIN’ STATS: Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Preview
- Toronto's Tuesday Trial - Pavan’s pristine picture?
- Smashed, tied, revised or still standing: The Records of Rio 2016
- Pools and schedule outlined for Men's Club World Champs
- Trentino, UPCN and Bolivar join top teams at Men’s Club World Champs
- Lupo and Nicolai staying grounded despite Rio silver
- Schedule set as World Tour Finals countdown enters final week