Let’s maintain exciting vision – President Graça tells Executive Committee
Lausanne, Switzerland, April 2, 2014 – FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° encouraged all the members of the International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) Executive Committee to continue their great work and maintain the FIVB’s vision towards an exciting future for the organisation and for volleyball overall during its opening meeting of 2014 at its Lausanne headquarters on Wednesday.
President Graça pinpointed the FIVB Volleyball World Championships 2014 as key events to take the promotion of volleyball to another level|
Dr. Graça applauded the Committee members during the meeting - where the members reviewed all the proposals of the FIVB Commissions in preparation for the FIVB Board of Administration meeting, which will be held on Thursday and Friday - for their great effort during the past year and the many accomplishments achieved over the last 12 months however he stressed there was still plenty of work ahead in order to continue the growth and development of volleyball around the world.
“Our future promises to be very exciting,” Dr Graça said. “We have a great sport and coupled with the extremely proficient and passionate individuals who represent volleyball around the world, we have the necessary manpower and tools to continue to take volleyball to another level.
“Let’s keep looking forward. The last year has been very hard working and we are continuing the evolution, everything in the past was good but we must improve or we will stay behind.
“I have been traveling all around the world. I visited the Congress of all the Confederations, which were very beneficial for all parties, especially myself, providing a great opportunity to meet all the members of the FIVB family. I would like to
congratulate the Confederation Presidents, I feel and I have seen they
are working very hard. We must continue to be close, working together
whilst at the same time respecting their individual needs.
“Now the FIVB has a new development plan where the federations can ask for assistance and they have the full support of the international governing body for volleyball but of course, what comes with that is responsibility on their part, a responsibility to deliver.
"Our two disciplines continue to undergo encouraging modifications with new technology at the forefront of our ongoing innovation. Beach volleyball has improved this year with more events and record prize money while the two Drawing of Lots for the FIVB Volleyball World Championships were the best ever I have participated in. I would like to congratulate Poland and Italy for a great show, which provided a great preview of what we can expect later this year during the World Championship proper. I’m sure we are going to have two successful World Championships in two great volleyball countries. Let's make no mistake, this is our great chance to promote volleyball.”
The FIVB Executive Committee gave a round of applause to FIVB Honorary Life President and Advisor to the Board of Administration Jizhong Wei who was in the meeting having recently recovered from surgery.
The FIVB Board of Administration meeting will run from 09:00 to 18:00 (Lausanne time) on Thursday and Friday.
- FIVB U19 World Championships in Porto move into knockout phase
- USA’s DeFalco/Richard bounce back to move into second round in Porto
- 16 Men’s teams still standing Friday at FIVB Klagenfurt A1 Grand Slam
- Puerto Rico and Paraguay girls into last 16 at the U19 World Championships
- Women’s final four ready for Saturday’s finale at FIVB Klagenfurt A1 Grand Slam
- Venezuela tops the pool with swinging beach volleyball at the U19
- Caps, cake and first place for the McNamara twins
- Early pool winners at the FIVB U19 World Championships
- Big game ahead for France and Argentina in pool C
- Brazil’s Arthur and George Wanderley love the art of beach volleyball
- Women’s field set for round of 16, quarterfinals at FIVB Klagenfurt A1 Grand Slam
- Men’s pool play nets 12 undefeated teams at FIVB Klagenfurt A1 Grand Slam
- Early birthday present for Brazil’s Eduarda at the U19 in Porto
- World Grand Prix 'Match of the week' programme focuses on Turkey-Russia
- 1990: Last World Championship title for the Soviet Union and first for Italy
- Gamova changes her mind, joins Russian national team for World Championship
- José Jardim, a promising player on and off the sand
- Top teams on track on the opening day of the U19 World Championships
- Perfect start for German and Russian girls at the U19 in Porto
- Venezuela takes early pool lead at the U19 World Championships
- Eleven unbeaten teams in women’s main draw at FIVB Klagenfurt A1 Grand Slam
- Eight teams earn men’s main draw spots at FIVB Klagenfurt A1 Grand Slam
- Lucky losers from Lithuania happy with second chance at the U19 in Porto
- Statistical preview: Brazil begin quest for tenth World Grand Prix title
- FIVB Men's World Championship draws near
- Eight qualifiers and six lucky losers into U19 World Championships main draw
- Welsch/Bieneck into U19 main draw with a little help from ‘big sis’ Victoria
- Eight teams advance to women’s main draw at FIVB Klagenfurt A1 Grand Slam
- Australia’s Guehrer and Hunter take first stepping-stone at U19
- Vlado Nikolov returns to the fold for World Championships
- Iconic $800,000 FIVB Klagenfurt A1 Grand Slam starts in Austria
- “Jenny” Lang Ping: a legendary wanderer between worlds
- World Grand Prix Week 2: Big twelve begin title chase
- Puerto Rico: “Soto-Man” makes experience count
- Talking Stats: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour—July 29
- Medal winners return to Porto for the U19 World Championships
- Poland, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Bulgaria assume early pool leadership in World Grand Prix
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour update after 11 events
- Elisa Togut looks ahead to Women's World Championship
- Social Timeline: Golden fun in the Long Beach sun
- Social Timeline: New format, same excitement as 2014 Grand Prix begins
- Historic success for Mexico
- USA’s Dalhausser & Rosenthal net third 2014 World Tour gold
- Ross/Walsh Jennings capture women’s gold on home sand
- Back-to-back Larnaka gold for Poland’s Bryl and Kujawiak
- Four European teams keep spotless win-records in World Grand Prix
- Brazil to battle USA Sunday for Long Beach women’s gold
- Men’s Long Beach final between Poland, USA
- U21 World Championships in Larnaka down to last eight
- Collin cites competition