Parma mayor applauds FIVB World Championships
Parma, Italy, March 11, 2014 - FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° received the full support and encouragement from the mayor of Parma Federico Pizzarotti for the FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship Italy 2014 to be a great success in a meeting held on the eve of Monday's spectacular Drawing of Lots at the Farnese Theatre in Parma, Italy.
FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° with Parma mayor Federico Pizzarotti and Italy Volleyball Federation President Carlo Magri|
Although Parma is not one of the host cities for the FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship Italy 2014, which will take place from September 23 to October 12, Mr Pizzarotti and his deputy mayor and councilor Nicole Paci and Sport and Youth Policies Minister Giovanni Marani were fully supportive of the FIVB's premier volleyball property in a country which has a rich tradition in the sport.
"Sport represents an important opportunity for young people and their families also in Parma, where thousands play volleyball in the city and the province," Mr Marini said.
President Graça was welcomed at City Hall as part of the meeting and was accompanied by Italy Volleyball Federation President Carlo Magri. "Parma is like an open air museum and the Drawing of Lots represents not only a good world-wide promotion of volleyball, but also the city of Parma," he said.
"Moments of high visibility, such as that at the FIVB Volleyball Women's World Championship Italy 2014 Drawing of Lots, is certainly an important showcase for the city," Mr Pizzarotti said, who stressed that "sport and tourism represent two important aspects that the City intends to promote through new opportunities."
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- “It’s been a long season”
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League
- SWATCH birthday present awaits Bansley?
- Rio 2016 stars to descend on Manila for Club World Champs
- Toronto becomes the “Capital of Beach Volleyball”
- As the Mikasa Turns - Bansley & Pavan "split" conversation
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup
- TALKIN’ STATS: Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Preview
- Toronto's Tuesday Trial - Pavan’s pristine picture?
- Smashed, tied, revised or still standing: The Records of Rio 2016
- Pools and schedule outlined for Men's Club World Champs
- Trentino, UPCN and Bolivar join top teams at Men’s Club World Champs
- Lupo and Nicolai staying grounded despite Rio silver
- Schedule set as World Tour Finals countdown enters final week
- A month after opening, Brazil still bask in Rio 2016 gold glory
- Relive Egypt's Olympic beach volleyball debut
- One month after first serve, memories of Rio still stay strong
- Reminiscing Rio and the delights of Copacabana