Sammelvuo to tweet roster of Finnish national team
Helsinki, Finland, February 28, 2014 – Finland’s head coach Tuomas Sammelvuo will be announcing next week the roster of the men’s national team in a rather unconventional way, i.e. via his Twitter account. The players called up for the current season where Finland is set to participate in the FIVB World League and then return to the World Championship after 32 years will be announced during five days.
Finland's coach Tuomas Sammelvuo will be announcing on his Twitter account the composition of the national team for the 2014 season |
Sammelvuo – a former international star who travelled the world and played in many different countries before embarking on a coaching career – will announce the first names on Monday via his Twitter account @TSammelvuo.
The composition of the team – Sammelvuo will nominate 28 players – will be announced day after day starting with the setters, to follow then with the liberos, middle-blockers, and wing-spikers to finish it off with the opposite players.
Sammelvuo will also add some comments on the nominees. English feeds will be provided as well via the Twitter account @FinnVolleyBall.
Social and digital media have become a very important communication tool for the Finnish Volleyball Association and the men’s national team in order to attract more fans and create additional buzz around volleyball and the performances of the “Suomis”.
Once the players are announced on Twitter, extra information will be added also on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/maajoukkue) and on the official website of the Finnish Volleyball Association (www.lentopalloliitto.fi). An “ordinary” press release will be sent out to the Finnish media as well.
- 35th FIVB Congress to open in period of unprecedented growth for volleyball
- Eczacibasi celebrate golden anniversary ahead of Club Worlds
- Official FIVB World Congress website now open
- Buenos Aires to welcome Volleyball Your Way festival
- Preparations in full swing at PSL Manila
- Galaxy of Olympic stars in 2016-17 Brazil Superleagues
- Brilliant Barbara, Fabulous Fernanda newest Brazilian beach duo
- Iran, China to clash in final of Men's AVC Cup
- Olympic champs Ludwig and Walkenhorst aiming for new heights
- Iran, Japan, China, Chinese Taipei reach AVC Cup semifinals
- 2017 World League Finals bidding process launched
- Angela Leyva in rising orbit ahead of 2017 World Grand Prix Group 2
- Ricardo and Andre win Brazil Tour opener
- World Championship beckons for Dominican Republic, Argentina and Cuba after U23 Pan Am Cup
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada