Crvena Zvezda win their 12th Cup title
Belgrade, Serbia, February 25, 2014 - Crvena Zvezda have won their 12th Cup title with the win over Ribnica Kraljevo at the 49th Serbian Cup in straight sets 3-0 (25-21, 26-24, 25-19) after 83 minutes of play.
Crvena Zvezda clebrate their 12th title in the Serbian Cup|
The final match was played in the city of Kraljevo in front of 2,000 spectators and was refereed by Mirko Jankovic and Vladimir Simonovic. The Serbian national anthem was performed by the members of the Kraljevo City Choir ‘Crvcanin’.
The winners’ trophy was presented to Dusan Petkovic, team captain of Crvena Zvezda by Mr. Aleksandar Boricic, President of the Volleyball Federation of Serbia. Mr. Aleksandar Bicanin, member of the Association of First Division Volleyball Clubs, presented Predrag Bicanin, team captain of Ribnica with the consolation trophy.
The MVP award went to Dusan Petkovic, team captain of Crvena Zvezda and was presented to him by Mr. Dejan Brdovic, a former national team player and winner of two National Cups with Crvena Zvezda (in 1991 and 1997).
Professor Dr. Aca Markovic (President of Crvena Zvezda General Assembly), Mr. Zoran Avramovic (Marketing Director of Volleyball Federation of Serbia) were on hand to present the gold medals to the players of Crvena Zvezda. Mr. Slobodan Milosevic (Secretary General of the Volleyball Federation of Serbia) and Mr. Dragan Arsic (President of VC Ribnica) handed over the silver medals to the players of Ribnica. Mr. Rade Janic, President of the VC Ribnica General Assembly, handed medals to the officials.
Once again, the fans from Kraljevo helped to create a fantastic atmosphere in the packed Hall of Sports as tehy witnessed a great volleyball match between old rivals.
The final match of the 49th Serbian Cup was attended also by Mr. Aleksandar Boricic (President of the Volleyball Federation of Serbia), Mr. Bratislav Gasic (Lord Mayor of Krusevac), Mr. Slobodan Milosevic (Secretary General of the Volleyball Federation of Serbia) and Mr. Zoran Avramovic (Marketing Director) as well as Mr. Dejan Brdovic (former national team player and winner of two National Cups with Crvena Zvezda (in 1991 and 1997)) and Gordan Vilimanovic (President of the Regional Volleyball Association of Kraljevo).
49th Serbian Cup 2013/2014 season (Senior
Final Tournament Results - Kraljevo (Sports Hall)
Sunday, February 23, 2014 – Finals
Crvena Zvezda – Ribnica (Kraljevo)
3-0 (25-21, 26-24, 25-19)
Saturday, February 22 – Semifinals
Ribnica (Kraljevo) – Spartak (Ljig)
3-1 (25-14, 24-26, 25-23, 25-22)
Crvena Zvezda – Partizan Vizura
3-2 (20-25, 25-18,18-25, 25-23,15-11)
- President Graça: "FIVB World Congress an opportunity to reflect, celebrate and look ahead"
- Josh Binstock comes full circle in Toronto ahead of retirement
- Rio 2016 Volleyball House legacy starting to be felt
- Japan to host its first-ever FIVB Volleyball Women’s Club World Championship in Kobe
- 35th FIVB Congress to open in period of unprecedented growth for volleyball
- Eczacibasi celebrate golden anniversary ahead of Club Worlds
- Official FIVB World Congress website now open
- Buenos Aires to welcome Volleyball Your Way festival
- Preparations in full swing at PSL Manila
- Galaxy of Olympic stars in 2016-17 Brazil Superleagues
- Brilliant Barbara, Fabulous Fernanda newest Brazilian beach duo
- Olympic champs Ludwig and Walkenhorst aiming for new heights
- Iran, Japan, China, Chinese Taipei reach AVC Cup semifinals
- 2017 World League Finals bidding process launched
- Angela Leyva in rising orbit ahead of 2017 World Grand Prix Group 2
- Ricardo and Andre win Brazil Tour opener
- World Championship beckons for Dominican Republic, Argentina and Cuba after U23 Pan Am Cup
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised