Sense of unity and cohesion mark CEV ExCom meeting
Luxembourg, February 21, 2014 - The CEV Executive Committee completed on Friday their first meeting of the year. CEV President André Meyer and his colleagues had a series of items to touch upon before additional points will be discussed on Saturday by the CEV Board of Administration.
The members of the CEV Executive Committee chaired by President André Meyer completed on Friday their first meeting of the year on the CEV premises in Luxembourg City |
These points included, inter alia, a comprehensive media concept – including the implementation of social and digital media accounts – that will help strengthen the interaction with media and fans alike, with a focus on the young generations and their involvement into volleyball and beach volleyball.
The Executive Committee also reviewed the latest decisions made by the FIVB and their possible impact on the organization of volleyball and beach volleyball competitions in Europe.
The 2014-2016 CEV Beach Volleyball Continental Cup was also in the spotlight with the DOL for the First Round set to follow at the beginning of next week; as per IOC decision, the qualification process for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro will get started on June 1, 2014 and – as far as beach volleyball is concerned – with eight double-gender tournaments whose organizers will be confirmed by the upcoming BoA.
The CEV Executive Committee members were also pleased with the latest updates they received on the beach volleyball calendar penciled in for the 2014 season; after a first draft was already released some weeks ago, other events were added in the meantime thereby contributing to another record-breaking year for the sport in Europe. The current calendar will be submitted to the CEV Board of Administration for approval later this weekend.
The preparations for the 2015 edition of the CEV Volleyball European Championship were also a theme; the qualification process will get started in May with the First and Second Round. Inspection visits and a Supervisory Board were scheduled for the Final Rounds that are slated for next year in Bulgaria/Italy and Netherlands/Belgium for men and women respectively. This way the CEV ExCom intends to closely follow the preparations made by the host countries and provide them with all the guidance and support they may need along the way to next year’s volleyball parties.
The ExCom also reviewed the principles and procedure worked out for the bidding process leading up to the European Championships scheduled for 2016 and 2017; any National Federation wishing to play host to one of these Championships is due to submit the relevant application file by next April 1, 2014.
To follow a tradition, before the first meeting of the year with the Board of Administration, the ExCom will first meet the Presidents of the various Commissions who will be reporting on their respective meetings from earlier this year and present a first draft of their proposals who will be additionally studied by the CEV Board of Administration.
Another “hot topic” on the agenda is represented by the inaugural European Games taking place next year in Baku, Azerbaijan, where volleyball and beach volleyball are included on the program. A couple of test events, including the Final Four of the 2014 CEV DenizBank Volleyball Champions League – Women, are planned ahead of the major event which is scheduled for June 12-28, 2015.
“We had a very good meeting,” CEV President André Meyer comments, “where once more I got to feel a sense of unity and cohesion within our volleyball family. We have identified a few areas where there is still work to be done but we are all confident that Europe’s volleyball and beach volleyball are well on their way to continue their success story. I expect the same consensus and positive ambiance will mark the meetings that will follow later this weekend here on our beautiful premises, the real home of our volleyball family.”
- 2014 FIVB Beach Volleyball Media Guide Now Available
- 16 clubs compete for African queen's title
- Tianjin, Taipei enjoy second win in Asian Women’s Club Volleyball Championship
- Top players on form for clubs ahead of World League
- Tsvetan Sokolov dreams of becoming Bulgaria's champion with Marek one day
- Venezuelans back in tandem for Fuzhou Open
- Favourites have field day at Asia Volleyball Women’s Club Championship
- Makowski announces Polish 22 player roster for the year ahead
- Thailand and Iraq claim gold at latest Asian Beach Volleyball Tour event
- VolleyWorld reflects on a truly Italian affair with the Women’s World Championship Drawing of Lots
- England looks forward to hosting CEV Continental Cup tournament
- "ThrowbackThursday" recognizes anniversary of FIVB Constitutional Congress
- Poland announces men’s national team roster for 2014 season
- Wallace boosts Sada Cruzeiro ahead of Club World Championship
- FIVB Volleyball Men’s Club World Championship wild cards go to Trentino and Al-Rayyan
- Kids Beach Festival praised as fantastic experience
- Matin Varamin claim Asian Club Championship title, ticket to FIVB Men's Club Championship
- Baic Motor claim third spot with win over Kondensat-Zhaikmunay at Asian Men’s Club Championhip
- Beach Volleyball Seminar sets scene for season ahead
- Chinese Taipei finish fifth, host place seventh at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- Sierra Leone men and Rwanda women top podium of African qualifiers for Youth Olympic Games
- Al-Rayyan, Matin Varamin in finals of Asian Club Championship for ticket to FIVB Men's Club Championship
- Alison and Bruno continue impressive form
- FIVB World Tour champs hitting top form
- Sada Cruzeiro take Superliga title on their way to Club World Championship in May
- Serbian Beach Volleyball duo to celebrate FIVB Grand Slam debut in Shanghai
- Chinese Taipei, Iraq's South Gas Club Sports to fight for fifth place of Asian Men’s Club Champs
- Organisers of Moscow Grand Slam unveil plans for a memorable 2014 edition
- Kovac looking forward to getting to grips with Iranian national team
- Kondensat-Zhaikmunay, Matin Varamin, Al-Rayyan, Baic Motor cruise to semis of Asian club championship
- Argentina and Chile take gold in Tucuman stop of South American Beach Tour
- Zurich glory for Swiss and German duos
- Match times announced for FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Championship first round
- CEV President signs agreement with Danish Federation to establish Europe’s fifth Regional Volleyball Development Centre
- Field takes shape as more teams book ticket to Youth Olympic Games
- Watch skilled young athletes and training videos on FIVB Development YouTube
- Puerto Rican and American boys ticketed to Nanjing
- Puerto Rican and Canadian girls grab spots to Nanjing
- Top New Zealand pair out to boost beach volleyball’s profile before taking on world
- Volero Zurich leads national teams, as preparations begin for FIVB Women's Club Championship
- American duo breezes past opponents in day one in Carolina
- Canadian twins steal the show in Carolina
- South Gas Club Sports, Matin Varamin, Al-Rayyan, Baic Motor top their pools in Asian Club preliminary round
- Aussie pair takes important first step before FIVB World Tour
- Qatar, Vanuatu share honours at Khanom Asian Beach Volleyball Tour
- Al-Rayyan on course to a clean sweep in the preliminaries
- Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Qatar, China clubs remain unbeaten after Day 3 of Asian Men's Club Volleyball Championship
- FIVB stars on show as Swiss Tour gets underway
- Lases Cup comes to another successful end in Latvia
- Iran's Matin Varamin overcome Oita Miyoshi Weisse Adler at Asian Men’s Club Championship