CEV President attends BVA General Assembly in Romania
Bucuresti, Romania, January 11, 2014 – The XV General Assembly of the Balkan Volleyball Association (BVA) was held on Saturday, January 11, at the Alexander Hotel in Romania’s capital city. The meeting was attended by CEV President André Meyer, CEV Senior Vice President Aleksandar Boricic, and CEV Vice President Jan Hronek.
CEV President André Meyer together with the delegates that attended the XV General Assembly of the Balkan Volleyball Association (BVA) held in Bucuresti, Romania |
The Assembly was chaired by Mr. Gheorghe Visan, President of the Romanian Volleyball Federation and also the outgoing BVA President.
A press conference was organized shortly before the opening of the General Assembly with CEV President André Meyer joined there by the President and Secretary General of the Romanian Volleyball Federation, Mr. Gheorghe Visan and Mr. Viorel Manole. Mr. Meyer enjoyed this opportunity to recall that the BVA is one of the most active Zonal Associations in Europe for it is organizing a number of Volleyball and Beach Volleyball competitions every year. “I am very proud of the work that is being done by the BVA, especially when it comes to the promotion of our sport among youth” Mr. Meyer said.
The President of the Turkish Volleyball Federation, Özkan Mutlugil, who is also the BVA General Secretary, briefed the delegates – Presidents and General Secretaries of the 10 BVA members – as well as the CEV authorities about the activities from the past year. The program for the various Volleyball and Beach Volleyball Balkan Championships scheduled for 2014 was then determined together with the respective age limits and competition formats.
As per the provision of the BVA statutes, elections were held with Artur Romascan of Moldova being sworn in as the BVA President for the next 12 months while Achilleas Mavromatis of Greece is set to serve as BVA Vice President throughout the year 2014.
At the end of the General Assembly Mr. Mutlugil expressed once more his gratitude to the CEV and the FIVB for their support to the BVA activities and praised Mr. Meyer’s involvement in the promotion of the sport across the Balkan region.
- Iran, Japan, China, Chinese Taipei reach AVC Cup semifinals
- Angela Leyva in rising orbit ahead of 2017 Grand Prix Group 2
- Ricardo and Andre win Brazil Tour opener
- World Championship beckons for Dominican Republic, Argentina and Cuba after U23 Pan Am Cup
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- “It’s been a long season”
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League
- SWATCH birthday present awaits Bansley?
- Rio 2016 stars to descend on Manila for Club World Champs
- Toronto becomes the “Capital of Beach Volleyball”
- As the Mikasa Turns - Bansley & Pavan "split" conversation
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup
- TALKIN’ STATS: Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Preview
- Toronto's Tuesday Trial - Pavan’s pristine picture?