CEV President attends BVA General Assembly in Romania
Bucuresti, Romania, January 11, 2014 – The XV General Assembly of the Balkan Volleyball Association (BVA) was held on Saturday, January 11, at the Alexander Hotel in Romania’s capital city. The meeting was attended by CEV President André Meyer, CEV Senior Vice President Aleksandar Boricic, and CEV Vice President Jan Hronek.
CEV President André Meyer together with the delegates that attended the XV General Assembly of the Balkan Volleyball Association (BVA) held in Bucuresti, Romania |
The Assembly was chaired by Mr. Gheorghe Visan, President of the Romanian Volleyball Federation and also the outgoing BVA President.
A press conference was organized shortly before the opening of the General Assembly with CEV President André Meyer joined there by the President and Secretary General of the Romanian Volleyball Federation, Mr. Gheorghe Visan and Mr. Viorel Manole. Mr. Meyer enjoyed this opportunity to recall that the BVA is one of the most active Zonal Associations in Europe for it is organizing a number of Volleyball and Beach Volleyball competitions every year. “I am very proud of the work that is being done by the BVA, especially when it comes to the promotion of our sport among youth” Mr. Meyer said.
The President of the Turkish Volleyball Federation, Özkan Mutlugil, who is also the BVA General Secretary, briefed the delegates – Presidents and General Secretaries of the 10 BVA members – as well as the CEV authorities about the activities from the past year. The program for the various Volleyball and Beach Volleyball Balkan Championships scheduled for 2014 was then determined together with the respective age limits and competition formats.
As per the provision of the BVA statutes, elections were held with Artur Romascan of Moldova being sworn in as the BVA President for the next 12 months while Achilleas Mavromatis of Greece is set to serve as BVA Vice President throughout the year 2014.
At the end of the General Assembly Mr. Mutlugil expressed once more his gratitude to the CEV and the FIVB for their support to the BVA activities and praised Mr. Meyer’s involvement in the promotion of the sport across the Balkan region.
- Olympians from Brazil and USA to battle for gold Medal Sunday at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross vs. Spain’s Lili/Elsa for women’s gold medal Sunday at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Brazil, Italy, Latvia and USA earn men's semifinal spots Saturday at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/ Ross leading women’s field to Saturday semis at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Italy’s Rangheiri/Caminati win twice Friday to earn quarterfinal spot at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Hughes/Claes enjoy ‘summer school’ on the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour
- Latvia’s Samoilovs/Smedins win their pool 3-0 on Thursday
- Spain’s Fernandez/Baquerizo lead six 3-0 women’s duos to elimination rounds
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross enjoy two home sand wins Wednesday in Long Beach
- USA Olympians Lucena/Dalhausser start quickly at Long Beach Grand Slam
- Trips to Toronto at stake in Long Beach
- Press review: Volleyball still making headlines after rumble in Rio
- Brazil’s George/Thiago progress to main draw at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Larsen/Flint among eight women qualifiers for main draw at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Priddy completes fourth Olympics with pride
- Joy and gratitude for silver medallists Agatha and Barbara
- Serginho highlights role of libero with Rio 2016 MVP award
- Press review: Brazil crowned in spectacular Olympic finale
- MVP Zhu Ting celebrates Chinese team spirit
- Alison and Bruno split gold medal with coach
- From Rio to Tokyo, the countdown for 2020 is on!
- Social media heats up as Brazil top volleyball world
- For USA’s Lee, “Tokyo no, World Championships yes, if they will have me!”
- 2016 FIVB World Tour regular season finale in USA at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam in SoCal
- Tetyukhin's quarter-century Olympic journey comes to tearful end
- Lang Ping becomes first person in volleyball to win Olympic gold as player and coach
- China ride wave of fans' support to gold
- Volleyball men's top guns set for final battle in Rio
- Social media takes Maracanazinho women's medal match drama around the globe
- Dutchmen “floating” home to meet the "King"! Then Toronto?
- Sloetjes rises above disappointment, looks ahead to Tokyo 2020
- Women's Rio 2016 final an all-female affair
- Europeans showing no gap exists with traditional powers
- This is what it's all about: The medals of Rio 2016
- 16 days of Volleyball House activity ends in true Rio style
- Kiraly “phenomenal feeling” after winning fifth Olympic medal
- Video: The Today Show’s take on Bossaball
- Order rules as referees visit Volleyball House
- 2016 FIVB World Tour update after Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Magic of Copacabana takes over social media
- Unique Maracanazinho semifinal atmosphere captured on social media
- Rematches of Athens 2004 for gold and bronze in Rio 2016
- Medal time is here for women’s tournament
- FIVB delivers impressive sports presentation masterclass at Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Flashback Friday: Volleyball House celebrates Brazil’s Atlanta 1996 heroes
- Alison and Ludwig top Rio 2016 Olympic performers
- Copa Courts sets the scene for future Special Olympics activities
- TALKIN’ STATS: Rio 2016 Olympic Games Beach Volleyball Men’s Review
- Alison and Bruno hit new heights on way to Olympic glory
- Final chance to have your say and win