European Cups Commission works on proposals for next season
Luxembourg, January 11, 2014 – The annual meeting of the European Cups Commission (ECC) chaired by Mrs. Riet Ooms was held in Luxembourg from Thursday through Friday.
CEV President André Meyer together with the members of the European Cups Commission (ECC) chaired by Mrs. Riet Ooms (NED) |
The ECC members had a very long agenda to go through as they first received feedback on the running European Cups season and afterwards worked on some proposals for the next campaign that will be further studied and discussed by the CEV Board of Administration in February.
CEV President André Meyer also briefly attended the meeting sharing with the ECC his wish for a close cooperation in a joint effort to improve on the quality and appeal of the European Cups.
The 2014 European Cups got started in October and the prelims of the 2014 CEV DenizBank Volleyball Champions League have drawn much attention from fans and media alike. The ECC reviewed the work performed so far by the participating teams as well as by the CEV Supervisors, thereby following up on the results of the e-learning course that had kick-started the current season prior to the Drawing of Lots held in Vienna.
This year the use of the e-learning was extended also to all teams participating in the 2014 CEV Volleyball Cup and 2014 CEV Volleyball Challenge Cup, thereby helping clubs and their management get familiar with the provisions of the CEV Regulations well before the start of their respective adventure.
The European Cups Commission is already looking ahead and following up on the two Working Group meetings held in 2013. The ECC members evaluated different proposals to amend the competition format for the next edition of the European Cups. The proposals of the ECC will be now evaluated by the CEV Board of Administration before introducing any change for the start of the 2014/2015 season.
With this in mind, the ECC also reviewed the existing European Cups Official Regulations collating a series of proposals to be submitted to the CEV Board of Administration for approval.
A draft of the calendar for the next European Cups season was also discussed, and is now waiting for approval by the CEV Board. All dates were pencilled for the respective DOLs all the way through the Finals that are scheduled for April 2015.
The ECC also undertook an extensive review of all of the documents released by CEV which are associated with the European Cups in order to harmonize their provisions and prepare a useful reference for all parties involved (Clubs, National Federations, Supervisors, etc.).
The work of the Supervisors is extremely important and the ECC members agreed upon adopting a more exhaustive system so as to assess and monitor their performance, consistency and demeanour.
Finally, taking into consideration the registrations for the current season, the ECC members discussed the feedback provided by the National Federations who did not fill up all of their slots in the 2014 European Cups. This was a preliminary step to study and identify measures so as to make sure that the European Cups do not stop growing in their popularity and attracting teams from as many countries as possible.
- FIVB World Continental Cup Olympic Qualification tournament to take place in Russia
- Eight teams earn men’s main draw spots at FIVB Puerto Vallarta Open
- The ABCs of Beach Volleyball - Agatha, Barbara and Consistency
- Challenges Create Court Confidence
- Brazilian women capture 19th gold in South American Championship
- The Fan Zone - SWATCH Beach Volleyball FIVB World Tour Finals - Day 6
- FIVB World Tour 2016 starts in Mexico with FIVB Puerto Vallarta Open
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour update after Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals
- Brazilian Beach Clinic
- Brazil record 30th title win in Men's South American Championship
- Talita & Larissa net gold medal & “richest” prize
- Russian claim back-to-back European titles to cement status as Europe's Volleyball Queens
- Evandro & Pedro rebound for bronze medal finish
- Track stars become Beach Volleyball fans
- FIVB President Graça launches '9 goals' strategic plan
- Russia and the Netherlands to clash for European crown
- Beach Volleyball Impressions - 1981 from southern California to now in south Florida
- USA win third consecutive NORCECA title
- The Fan Zone - Swatch Beach Volleyball FIVB World Tour Finals - Day 4
- Brazil, Germany and USA pairs net Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals bracket berths
- USA face Dominican Republic in NORCECA Women’s Championship final
- Women’s EuroVolley semis are set; Russia play Serbia, Oranjes take on Turkey
- Brazilian world champions featured Wednesday
- Lost in America
- Italy, Poland, Belgium and Germany complete line-up for women’s EuroVolley quarterfinals
- “Wild Card” Tuesday at SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- 2017 Beach Volleyball World Championships bidding process extended
- SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals - Revised Side Court Schedule
- A mum who sides out
- Congress preparations in full swing as President Graça visits FeVA
- Netherlands, Russia, Serbia and Turkey progress to women's EuroVolley quarterfinals
- $500,000 Swatch FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour Finals
this week in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
- Brazilian city of Maceio host South American tournament calendar highlight
- Puerto Rican Aury Cruz ties own scoring record
- Russia lead men’s U21 rankings
- Dominican Republic top women’s U20 rankings
- Japan host successful outreach programme
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour season update after FIVB Xiamen Open
- Eight teams vie for South American Championship crown
- First FIVB World Tour gold for Switzerland's Heidrich/Zumkehr at Xiamen Open
- Milestone Saturday for Lucena & Dalhausser
- Zumkehr/Heidrich upset top seeds Wang/Yue to enter Xiamen Open semifinal
- Milestone gold medal for USA’s Lucena/Dalhausser in Xiamen Open
- Brazilian men stay top of FIVB World Ranking
- Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Participants Dalhausser & Lucena advance in China
- Latvia's Plavins/Regza storm to first FIVB World Tour semifinals at Xiamen Open
- Top seeds Yue/Wang unbeaten in pool play at Xiamen Open
- Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals participants beat the heat & humidity, stayin’ alive
- Nine berths still up for grabs as USA and Italy qualify for Rio
- Top seeds Wang/Yue off to good start in Main Draw at Xiamen Open