CEV President pleased with action plan prepared by Europe’s four Regional Volleyball Development Centres
Luxembourg, January 8, 2014 – CEV President André Meyer chaired on Wednesday a meeting that was attended by the Directors of the four Regional Volleyball Development Centres (RVDC’s) established by the FIVB/CEV in Azerbaijan, England, Italy, and Luxembourg and that have already turned into real “hubs” for volleyball excellence.
From left to right: Burkhard Disch and Jerome Houdremont (LUX), Sanjib Sahota (ENG), CEV President André Meyer, Sven Brix (DEN), Stefania Nava (ITA), and Mikhail Frishman (AZE) |
The meeting was attended also by an observer representing the Danish Volleyball Federation for this country may host another RVDC in the near future.
CEV President André Meyer used this meeting as an opportunity to brief the attendees about the CEV vision on development and more specifically on the necessity to create a real network across Europe that shall stimulate and help the growth and promotion of the sport.
“The RVDC’s are the major hubs on our volleyball map and their work shall always go to the benefit of all National Federations and Zonal Associations” Mr. Meyer said. “Networking is quintessential as we want to open the doors of these centres to as many people as possible. Apart from this, we also expect these centres to join their forces with National Federations and Zonal Associations so as to make the most out of their activities. Besides hosting youth and junior competitions, the RVDC’s are supposed to organize a wide range of international seminars and clinics so as to share knowledge and expertise with all those who are working for the good of volleyball.”
The meeting included a review of the regulations adopted for FIVB/CEV RVDC’s and also a short presentation made by each Director about their respective activities planned for 2014.
Additional measures and actions were discussed for the years 2015 and 2016, with a focus on the coordination between the CEV Development Department and the RVDC’s.
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross vs. Spain’s Lili/Elsa for women’s gold medal Sunday at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Brazil, Italy, Latvia and USA earn men's semifinal spots Saturday at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/ Ross leading women’s field to Saturday semis at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Italy’s Rangheiri/Caminati win twice Friday to earn quarterfinal spot at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Hughes/Claes enjoy ‘summer school’ on the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour
- Latvia’s Samoilovs/Smedins win their pool 3-0 on Thursday
- Spain’s Fernandez/Baquerizo lead six 3-0 women’s duos to elimination rounds
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross enjoy two home sand wins Wednesday in Long Beach
- USA Olympians Lucena/Dalhausser start quickly at Long Beach Grand Slam
- Trips to Toronto at stake in Long Beach
- Press review: Volleyball still making headlines after rumble in Rio
- Brazil’s George/Thiago progress to main draw at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Larsen/Flint among eight women qualifiers for main draw at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Priddy completes fourth Olympics with pride
- Joy and gratitude for silver medallists Agatha and Barbara
- Serginho highlights role of libero with Rio 2016 MVP award
- Press review: Brazil crowned in spectacular Olympic finale
- MVP Zhu Ting celebrates Chinese team spirit
- Alison and Bruno split gold medal with coach
- From Rio to Tokyo, the countdown for 2020 is on!
- Social media heats up as Brazil top volleyball world
- For USA’s Lee, “Tokyo no, World Championships yes, if they will have me!”
- 2016 FIVB World Tour regular season finale in USA at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam in SoCal
- Tetyukhin's quarter-century Olympic journey comes to tearful end
- Lang Ping becomes first person in volleyball to win Olympic gold as player and coach
- China ride wave of fans' support to gold
- Volleyball men's top guns set for final battle in Rio
- Social media takes Maracanazinho women's medal match drama around the globe
- Dutchmen “floating” home to meet the "King"! Then Toronto?
- Sloetjes rises above disappointment, looks ahead to Tokyo 2020
- Women's Rio 2016 final an all-female affair
- Europeans showing no gap exists with traditional powers
- This is what it's all about: The medals of Rio 2016
- 16 days of Volleyball House activity ends in true Rio style
- Kiraly “phenomenal feeling” after winning fifth Olympic medal
- Video: The Today Show’s take on Bossaball
- Order rules as referees visit Volleyball House
- 2016 FIVB World Tour update after Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Magic of Copacabana takes over social media
- Unique Maracanazinho semifinal atmosphere captured on social media
- Rematches of Athens 2004 for gold and bronze in Rio 2016
- Medal time is here for women’s tournament
- FIVB delivers impressive sports presentation masterclass at Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Flashback Friday: Volleyball House celebrates Brazil’s Atlanta 1996 heroes
- Alison and Ludwig top Rio 2016 Olympic performers
- Copa Courts sets the scene for future Special Olympics activities
- TALKIN’ STATS: Rio 2016 Olympic Games Beach Volleyball Men’s Review
- Alison and Bruno hit new heights on way to Olympic glory
- Final chance to have your say and win
- Olympic anniversary celebrated with Legends match