CEV Beach Volleyball Coordinators seminar opens in Milan with record-breaking attendance
Milan, Italy, December 13, 2013 – A total of 47 National Federations are currently represented at the very first seminar organized by the CEV for NF Beach Volleyball Coordinators that got underway on Friday afternoon at the Centro Pavesi in Milan. The seminar was opened by CEV Vice President and European Beach Volleyball Commission President (EBVC) Renato Arena who addressed the audience also on behalf of CEV President André Meyer, who is attending the FIVB Sports Events Council meeting in Lausanne, Switzerland.
The representatives of 47 National Federations are currently attending the CEV seminar for NF Beach Volleyball Coordinators taking place through Sunday morning at the Centro Pavesi in Milan |
Mr. Arena expressed his pride for the impressive attendance registered for the seminar that is being hosted in one out of four Regional Volleyball Development Centers officially recognized as such by FIVB and CEV in Europe (the others being located in Azerbaijan, England, and Luxembourg). The EBVC President enjoyed this opportunity to review the main facts and figures of a memorable 2013 season which featured an unprecedented number of tournaments next to the major highlight represented by the CEV Beach Volleyball European Championship Final held in Klagenfurt, Austria.
The 2013 season coincided with the launch of a special Youth Development Project funded by the FIVB and whose core is represented by the inaugural CEV Youth Beach Volleyball Continental Cup. To follow up on the Continental Cup whereby one team per gender ultimately qualified for the 2012 Olympics in London, the CEV turned into the sole Continental Confederation to set up a similar qualification process for the 2014 Youth Olympics in Nanjing, China, where Beach Volleyball will debut on the program. Mr. Arena – joined by the CEV Beach Volleyball Coordinators Dennis Passig and George Gagalis – recalled that more than 30 countries joined the Zonal Phase held from May through late August 2013 in 8 different venues, with the finals coming up in May next year to determine the six teams per gender that will compose the European contingent for Nanjing 2014.
The EBVC President also stressed that two mass festivals held in England and the Netherlands were also supported by the CEV in 2013 and presented a first draft of the calendar for next year, which includes a series of Masters tournaments, the European Championship Final in Rome as well as the first stage of the Continental Cup that is set to come to a close in 2016 thereby qualifying teams to the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
The 2013 season was a very successful one for Beach Volleyball in Europe but more is to come, promised Mr. Arena who also thanked the CEV Board of Administration and especially CEV President André Meyer for the support received in re-structuring and helping widen the CEV Beach Volleyball portfolio.
The seminar will continue through Sunday morning and includes also a session where three National Federations will be sharing their expertise and know-how with all attendees focusing on their respective development projects conceived for promoting Beach Volleyball in schools (Poland), working with elite teams (Germany) and supporting grassroots activities (Netherlands).
The invitation to the seminar was extended also to four North African countries within the frame of a special development project which is being coordinated by the Italian Volleyball Federation.
With a record-breaking 47 National Federations in attendance, additional international flavor is added by the Tunisian delegate, thereby showing a sense of unity and cohesion that is shared by all those who are working for the good of Beach Volleyball.
- FIVB President Graça launches '9 goals' strategic plan
- Russia and the Netherlands to clash for European crown
- Beach Volleyball Impressions - 1981 from southern California to now in south Florida
- USA win third consecutive NORCECA title
- Brazil, Germany and USA pairs net Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals bracket berths
- USA face Dominican Republic in NORCECA Women’s Championship final
- Women’s EuroVolley semis are set; Russia play Serbia, Oranjes take on Turkey
- Brazilian world champions featured Wednesday
- Lost in America
- Italy, Poland, Belgium and Germany complete line-up for women’s EuroVolley quarterfinals
- “Wild Card” Tuesday at SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- 2017 Beach Volleyball World Championships bidding process extended
- SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals - Revised Side Court Schedule
- A mum who sides out
- Congress preparations in full swing as President Graça visits FeVA
- Netherlands, Russia, Serbia and Turkey progress to women's EuroVolley quarterfinals
- $500,000 Swatch FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour Finals
this week in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
- Brazilian city of Maceio host South American tournament calendar highlight
- Puerto Rican Aury Cruz ties own scoring record
- Russia lead men’s U21 rankings
- Dominican Republic top women’s U20 rankings
- Japan host successful outreach programme
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour season update after FIVB Xiamen Open
- Eight teams vie for South American Championship crown
- First FIVB World Tour gold for Switzerland's Heidrich/Zumkehr at Xiamen Open
- Milestone Saturday for Lucena & Dalhausser
- Zumkehr/Heidrich upset top seeds Wang/Yue to enter Xiamen Open semifinal
- Milestone gold medal for USA’s Lucena/Dalhausser in Xiamen Open
- Brazilian men stay top of FIVB World Ranking
- Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Participants Dalhausser & Lucena advance in China
- Latvia's Plavins/Regza storm to first FIVB World Tour semifinals at Xiamen Open
- Top seeds Yue/Wang unbeaten in pool play at Xiamen Open
- Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals participants beat the heat & humidity, stayin’ alive
- Nine berths still up for grabs as USA and Italy qualify for Rio
- Top seeds Wang/Yue off to good start in Main Draw at Xiamen Open
- President Graça praises outstanding World Cup
- Samoilovs/Smedins, Lucena/ Dalhausser reach last 16 at Xiamen Open
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Men's World Cup Japan 2015 - Final Day
- USA’s Anderson heads Men’s World Cup Dream Team
- USA wrap up historic World Cup as Italy join them on road to Rio
- Russia crowns outstanding year with Men's U21 victory
- Dominican Republic celebrates historic success
- Top seeds Samoilovs/Smedins lead pool in Xiamen Open Main Draw
- Germany's Mersmann/Schneider lead eight teams into women's Main Draw at Xiamen Open
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Men's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 10
- President Graça meets Peruvian congresswoman Chihuan
- Three teams to battle for Rio 2016 berth on final day of World Cup
- USA's Crabb brothers reach 2015 Xiamen Open Main Draw in first major tournament
- Day & Kessy jet-setting around the world - SoCal to China to FLA to SoCal
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Men's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 9