DOL for 2014 & 2015 European Championship qualification rounds completed
Luxembourg, October 26, 2013 - The Drawing of Lots for the preliminary rounds of the 2014 CEV U19 Women/U20 Men Volleyball European Championship as well as for the qualifying rounds of the 2015 CEV Volleyball European Championship – Men & Women was held on Saturday morning in Luxembourg City. The DOL ceremony was chaired by CEV President André Meyer with CEV Vice President Jan Hronek also in attendance alongside representatives of 32 national federations.
The DOL for the preliminary rounds of the 2014 & 2015 CEV Volleyball European Championship was held on Saturday in Luxembourg City|
For detailed results of the DOL visit www.cev.lu
The DOL was performed by European Sports Organizing Commission (ESOC) President Pierre Mulheims who was joined on stage by four members of Luxembourg national team (Gilles Braas, Kamil Rychlicki, Déborah Feller, and Annalena Mach).
The Grand Duchy is the sole among the so-called Small Countries to have entered also the “major” European Championship.
The DOL started with the projection of a video showcasing great highlights of the 2013 CEV VELUX Volleyball European Championship – Men’s Final Round that had come to a close only four weeks ago at Parken stadium in Copenhagen.
“We are very proud to show you the past and what we have achieved but we already look forward to the future” said CEV President André Meyer. “We already thank the organisers of the Final Rounds and also all national federations that have showed their interest in hosting one or more qualification tournaments.”
The first to be drawn were the teams entering the 2014 CEV U19 Women Volleyball European Championship; the Final Round will be co-hosted by Estonia and Finland through August 16-24, 2014 with 12 teams set to battle for glory in the cities of Tartu and Tampere after Turkey won the 2012 edition in Ankara. The competition will get started in early January with one first-round tournament starring four teams; the second stage of the qualification process will then follow in April (24-27) with seven round-robin tournaments, each one starring 4 teams. All winners of the 2nd Round tournaments will make it to the Final Round. The three last tickets to the Final Round will be then assigned via the 3rd Round scheduled for mid-July 2014. The 1st placed teams of each Pool (H-I) as well as the 2nd placed team with the best score among the 3rd Round Pools (H-I) will qualify for the Final Round.
Next to be drawn were the teams entering the 2014 CEV U20 Men Volleyball European Championship; the Final Round will be co-hosted by the Czech Republic and Slovakia from August 29 through September 6 with 12 teams set to battle for glory in the cities of Brno and Nitra after Italy won the 2012 edition in Gdynia. The qualification process will follow the same rules as those outlined for the U19 Women Championship.
As per the Regulations in force, 7 teams (two organisers and the five highest ranked teams from the 2013 edition) are pre-qualified for the Final Round of the 2015 CEV Volleyball European Championship – Women; the Final Round will be co-hosted by the Netherlands and Belgium from September 25 through October 4 in the cities of Rotterdam, Apeldoorn, Almere (NED) and Antwerp (BEL). The qualification process will get started in early May 2014 with two 1st Round tournaments and then continue with the 2nd Round to be played with six double round-robin tournaments whose winners will get a spot to participate in the Final Round. The three last tickets to the Final Round will be assigned in late May/early June 2015 with three home and away matches starring the six 2nd placed teams from the 2nd Round.
As per the Regulations in force, 7 teams (two organisers and the five highest ranked teams from the 2013 edition) are pre-qualified for the Final Round of the 2015 CEV Volleyball European Championship – Men; the Final Round will be co-hosted by Bulgaria and Italy through October 9-18, 2015 with the final weekend taking place at Armeec Arena in Sofia. The qualification process will get started in early May 2014 with three 1st Round tournaments and then continue with the 2nd Round to be played with six double round-robin tournaments whose winners will get a spot to participate in the Final Round. The three last tickets to the Final Round will be assigned in late May/early June 2015 with three home and away matches starring the six 2nd placed teams from the 2nd Round.
- Favourites have field day at Asian Women’s Club Volleyball Championship
- Makowski announces Polish 22 player roster for the year ahead
- Poland announces men’s national team roster for 2014 season
- Thailand and Iraq claim gold at latest Asian Beach Volleyball Tour event
- VolleyWorld reflects on a truly Italian affair with the Women’s World Championship Drawing of Lots
- England looks forward to hosting CEV Continental Cup tournament
- "ThrowbackThursday" recognizes anniversary of FIVB Constitutional Congress
- Wallace boosts Sada Cruzeiro ahead of Club World Championship
- FIVB Volleyball Men’s Club World Championship wild cards go to Trentino and Al-Rayyan
- Kids Beach Festival praised as fantastic experience
- Matin Varamin claim Asian Club Championship title, ticket to FIVB Men's Club Championship
- Baic Motor claim third spot with win over Kondensat-Zhaikmunay at Asian Men’s Club Championhip
- Beach Volleyball Seminar sets scene for season ahead
- Chinese Taipei finish fifth, host place seventh at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- Al-Rayyan, Matin Varamin in finals of Asian Club Championship for ticket to FIVB Men's Club Championship
- Alison and Bruno continue impressive form
- FIVB World Tour champs hitting top form
- Sada Cruzeiro take Superliga title on their way to Club World Championship in May
- Serbian Beach Volleyball duo to celebrate FIVB Grand Slam debut in Shanghai
- Chinese Taipei, Iraq's South Gas Club Sports to fight for fifth place of Asian Men’s Club Champs
- Organisers of Moscow Grand Slam unveil plans for a memorable 2014 edition
- Kovac looking forward to getting to grips with Iranian national team
- Kondensat-Zhaikmunay, Matin Varamin, Al-Rayyan, Baic Motor cruise to semis of Asian club championship
- Argentina and Chile take gold in Tucuman stop of South American Beach Tour
- Zurich glory for Swiss and German duos
- Match times announced for FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Championship first round
- CEV President signs agreement with Danish Federation to establish Europe’s fifth Regional Volleyball Development Centre
- Field takes shape as more teams book ticket to Youth Olympic Games
- Watch skilled young athletes and training videos on FIVB Development YouTube
- Puerto Rican and American boys ticketed to Nanjing
- Puerto Rican and Canadian girls grab spots to Nanjing
- Top New Zealand pair out to boost beach volleyball’s profile before taking on world
- Volero Zurich leads national teams, as preparations begin for FIVB Women's Club Championship
- American duo breezes past opponents in day one in Carolina
- Canadian twins steal the show in Carolina
- South Gas Club Sports, Matin Varamin, Al-Rayyan, Baic Motor top their pools in Asian Club preliminary round
- Aussie pair takes important first step before FIVB World Tour
- Qatar, Vanuatu share honours at Khanom Asian Beach Volleyball Tour
- Al-Rayyan on course to a clean sweep in the preliminaries
- Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Qatar, China clubs remain unbeaten after Day 3 of Asian Men's Club Volleyball Championship
- FIVB stars on show as Swiss Tour gets underway
- Lases Cup comes to another successful end in Latvia
- Iran's Matin Varamin overcome Oita Miyoshi Weisse Adler at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- President completes important SportAccord visit
- Brazil confirms Grand Slam event in September
- Polish Volleyball hero Mariusz Wlazly returns to national team
- Brazil's Mineirinho arena shaping up for a big month
- Philippines, Lebanon, Qatar, Kazakhstan, Chinese Taipei win on first day of Asian Club Championship
- Nakhon Pathom ready to host Asian Women’s Club Championship
- Puerto Rico hosts NORCECA Final Qualifiers to Nanjing