Argentina and Brazil claim honours at Youth South American Games
Lima, Peru, September 26, 2013 - The Argentine boys' beach volleyball team of Santiago Aulisi (Mar el Plata) and Leandro Aveiro (Mendoza) won the gold medal at the first ever edition of the Youth's South American Games in the city of Lima on Thursday, in what is a great award for the development project of Argentine beach volleyball carried out by the Argentine Volleyball Federation (FeVA). In the final match Argentina defeated the Venezuelan pair of Gomez-Hernandez 2-0 (21-19, 24-22) in a terrific match.
Argentina won the boys' Youth South American Games title while Brazil claimed the girls title|
The Argentine delegation coached by one of the Argentine beach volleyball national coaching team Diego Ramirez carried out a giant step at the Youth South American Games that included the delegation of the Argentine Olympic Committee, with the support of ENARD and the National Sport Secretariat that bet for the grass-root sport athletes.
“We feel very proud of obtaining this gold medal. A great victory for these young boys, that are very talented and that show that sport, with the support of the corresponding entities that head towards its development, is an outstanding path for our young athletes," FeVA President Juan Antonio Gutierrez said.
In the girls beach volleyball competition Brazil’s Calvancantti-Hoffman beat Paraguay’s Mongelos-Valiente 2-1 (21-17, 21-23, 15-10) in the final.
The Ecuador pair Batioja-Molina won the girls' bronze after defeating Uruguay’s Fortunato-Roth 2-1 (21-13, 17-21, 15-10) while Maia-Souto from Brazil won the boys' bronze medal after beating Uruguay’s Hannibal-Vietto 2-0 (22-20, 21-16).
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- “It’s been a long season”
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League
- SWATCH birthday present awaits Bansley?
- Rio 2016 stars to descend on Manila for Club World Champs
- Toronto becomes the “Capital of Beach Volleyball”
- As the Mikasa Turns - Bansley & Pavan "split" conversation
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup
- TALKIN’ STATS: Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Preview
- Toronto's Tuesday Trial - Pavan’s pristine picture?
- Smashed, tied, revised or still standing: The Records of Rio 2016
- Pools and schedule outlined for Men's Club World Champs
- Trentino, UPCN and Bolivar join top teams at Men’s Club World Champs
- Lupo and Nicolai staying grounded despite Rio silver
- Schedule set as World Tour Finals countdown enters final week
- A month after opening, Brazil still bask in Rio 2016 gold glory
- Relive Egypt's Olympic beach volleyball debut
- One month after first serve, memories of Rio still stay strong
- Reminiscing Rio and the delights of Copacabana