Argentina and Brazil claim honours at Youth South American Games
Lima, Peru, September 26, 2013 - The Argentine boys' beach volleyball team of Santiago Aulisi (Mar el Plata) and Leandro Aveiro (Mendoza) won the gold medal at the first ever edition of the Youth's South American Games in the city of Lima on Thursday, in what is a great award for the development project of Argentine beach volleyball carried out by the Argentine Volleyball Federation (FeVA). In the final match Argentina defeated the Venezuelan pair of Gomez-Hernandez 2-0 (21-19, 24-22) in a terrific match.
Argentina won the boys' Youth South American Games title while Brazil claimed the girls title|
The Argentine delegation coached by one of the Argentine beach volleyball national coaching team Diego Ramirez carried out a giant step at the Youth South American Games that included the delegation of the Argentine Olympic Committee, with the support of ENARD and the National Sport Secretariat that bet for the grass-root sport athletes.
“We feel very proud of obtaining this gold medal. A great victory for these young boys, that are very talented and that show that sport, with the support of the corresponding entities that head towards its development, is an outstanding path for our young athletes," FeVA President Juan Antonio Gutierrez said.
In the girls beach volleyball competition Brazil’s Calvancantti-Hoffman beat Paraguay’s Mongelos-Valiente 2-1 (21-17, 21-23, 15-10) in the final.
The Ecuador pair Batioja-Molina won the girls' bronze after defeating Uruguay’s Fortunato-Roth 2-1 (21-13, 17-21, 15-10) while Maia-Souto from Brazil won the boys' bronze medal after beating Uruguay’s Hannibal-Vietto 2-0 (22-20, 21-16).
- Olympians from Brazil and USA to battle for gold Medal Sunday at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross vs. Spain’s Lili/Elsa for women’s gold medal Sunday at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Brazil, Italy, Latvia and USA earn men's semifinal spots Saturday at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/ Ross leading women’s field to Saturday semis at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Italy’s Rangheiri/Caminati win twice Friday to earn quarterfinal spot at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Hughes/Claes enjoy ‘summer school’ on the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour
- Latvia’s Samoilovs/Smedins win their pool 3-0 on Thursday
- Spain’s Fernandez/Baquerizo lead six 3-0 women’s duos to elimination rounds
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross enjoy two home sand wins Wednesday in Long Beach
- USA Olympians Lucena/Dalhausser start quickly at Long Beach Grand Slam
- Trips to Toronto at stake in Long Beach
- Press review: Volleyball still making headlines after rumble in Rio
- Brazil’s George/Thiago progress to main draw at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Larsen/Flint among eight women qualifiers for main draw at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Priddy completes fourth Olympics with pride
- Joy and gratitude for silver medallists Agatha and Barbara
- Serginho highlights role of libero with Rio 2016 MVP award
- Press review: Brazil crowned in spectacular Olympic finale
- MVP Zhu Ting celebrates Chinese team spirit
- Alison and Bruno split gold medal with coach
- From Rio to Tokyo, the countdown for 2020 is on!
- Social media heats up as Brazil top volleyball world
- For USA’s Lee, “Tokyo no, World Championships yes, if they will have me!”
- 2016 FIVB World Tour regular season finale in USA at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam in SoCal
- Tetyukhin's quarter-century Olympic journey comes to tearful end
- Lang Ping becomes first person in volleyball to win Olympic gold as player and coach
- China ride wave of fans' support to gold
- Volleyball men's top guns set for final battle in Rio
- Social media takes Maracanazinho women's medal match drama around the globe
- Dutchmen “floating” home to meet the "King"! Then Toronto?
- Sloetjes rises above disappointment, looks ahead to Tokyo 2020
- Women's Rio 2016 final an all-female affair
- Europeans showing no gap exists with traditional powers
- This is what it's all about: The medals of Rio 2016
- 16 days of Volleyball House activity ends in true Rio style
- Kiraly “phenomenal feeling” after winning fifth Olympic medal
- Video: The Today Show’s take on Bossaball
- Order rules as referees visit Volleyball House
- 2016 FIVB World Tour update after Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Magic of Copacabana takes over social media
- Unique Maracanazinho semifinal atmosphere captured on social media
- Rematches of Athens 2004 for gold and bronze in Rio 2016
- Medal time is here for women’s tournament
- FIVB delivers impressive sports presentation masterclass at Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Flashback Friday: Volleyball House celebrates Brazil’s Atlanta 1996 heroes
- Alison and Ludwig top Rio 2016 Olympic performers
- Copa Courts sets the scene for future Special Olympics activities
- TALKIN’ STATS: Rio 2016 Olympic Games Beach Volleyball Men’s Review
- Alison and Bruno hit new heights on way to Olympic glory
- Final chance to have your say and win