Argentina and Brazil claim honours at Youth South American Games
Lima, Peru, September 26, 2013 - The Argentine boys' beach volleyball team of Santiago Aulisi (Mar el Plata) and Leandro Aveiro (Mendoza) won the gold medal at the first ever edition of the Youth's South American Games in the city of Lima on Thursday, in what is a great award for the development project of Argentine beach volleyball carried out by the Argentine Volleyball Federation (FeVA). In the final match Argentina defeated the Venezuelan pair of Gomez-Hernandez 2-0 (21-19, 24-22) in a terrific match.
Argentina won the boys' Youth South American Games title while Brazil claimed the girls title|
The Argentine delegation coached by one of the Argentine beach volleyball national coaching team Diego Ramirez carried out a giant step at the Youth South American Games that included the delegation of the Argentine Olympic Committee, with the support of ENARD and the National Sport Secretariat that bet for the grass-root sport athletes.
“We feel very proud of obtaining this gold medal. A great victory for these young boys, that are very talented and that show that sport, with the support of the corresponding entities that head towards its development, is an outstanding path for our young athletes," FeVA President Juan Antonio Gutierrez said.
In the girls beach volleyball competition Brazil’s Calvancantti-Hoffman beat Paraguay’s Mongelos-Valiente 2-1 (21-17, 21-23, 15-10) in the final.
The Ecuador pair Batioja-Molina won the girls' bronze after defeating Uruguay’s Fortunato-Roth 2-1 (21-13, 17-21, 15-10) while Maia-Souto from Brazil won the boys' bronze medal after beating Uruguay’s Hannibal-Vietto 2-0 (22-20, 21-16).
- Watch: Highlights of 2014 FIVB World Grand Prix Draw
- Legendary coach Karpol visits FIVB
- Germany ready to battle for ticket to 2014 World Champs
- And the countdown begins to the Durban Open
- Ghana, Nigeria in final phase of Women's World Championship qualification
- Record 28 teams for 2014 World Grand Prix
- Celebrating Czech Republic's 'Mini volleyball in colours'
- Mini volleyball fever takes hold of Palestine
- World League expands to 28 countries
- VIS seminar concludes in Trinidad and Tobago
- Rwanda, Kenya join Egypt to World Champs final qualification phase
- World Tour Council meets in Lausanne
- Egypt claim gold at World Champs zone 5 qualifier
- Talita and Lima confirmed as women’s rankings champs
- Alison and Emanuel announce split
- 5 teams share immaculate record after CEV Champions League third round comes to a close
- Egypt continue with another win as Rwanda edge Kenya in World Champs qualifier
- Jamaicans Hutchinson, Bryan book China ticket in style
- Trinidadian girls Ward, Davidson seal Youth Olympic spot
- Fruitful meeting for Beach Volleyball Commission
- Yet another successful year for Brazil's VivaVolei festival
- Beach Volleyball tour starts in Sierra Leone
- Impressive 56-54 set score at Korean V-League match
- Jamaica, Barbados surprise top teams for China chance
- Watch: The best of 2013 FIVB World Tour now online
- Egypt lead with second victory as Uganda register first win in World Champs qualifier
- Russian dominance ends as Brazil back at number one
- Level II coaches course gets underway in Mauritius
- One step forward for beach volleyball in Indonesia
- Egypt struggle past Kenya as Rwanda ease past Burundi in World Champs qualifier
- FIVB flourishes on Chinese social media
- Zorzi evaluates World Grand Champions Cup performances
- Volleyball workshop boosts sport in Palestine
- Media accreditation reminder for Durban Open
- Trinidad & Tobago host successful setter seminar
- Brazil win fourth World Grand Champions Cup title, Russia and Italy settle for silver and bronze
- Brazil, Russia, Italy all have a shot at Grand Champions Cup gold before last round
- With third straight victory Brazil cement their leadership at Men’s Grand Champions Cup
- Fans flock to FIVB's YouTube following historic Thailand win
- Coaches look forward to another three days of world-class volleyball
- Natalie Cook: "I'm looking forward to 2014 and beyond"
- Andrea Zorzi: 'Size and height aren’t Japan’s only problem'
- Afghanistan gives beach volleyball a jump-start
- Brazil only team with two victories as Grand Champions Cup moves to Tokyo
- Team Japan’s improvement will take time says former volleyball star Motoko Obayashi
- Iran captain says mentality has changed dramatically under Velasco’s leadership
- Andrea Zorzi reviews World Grand Champions Cup opening day
- FIVB and Rio 2016 collaborate to ensure spectacular Olympic Games
- Italy, Brazil, USA all start Men’s Grand Champions Cup on a high note
- Japan coach Manabe draws the line after winning World Grand Champions Cup bronze