France in final preparations for the Women’s European Championships
With only a few days left for their debut in Zurich, the players mentored by head coach Fabrice Vial feel ready to take on that challenge.
Paris, France, September 3, 2013
- France was one of the last teams to qualify for the 2013 CEV Volleyball
European Championship (Women) that are set to start this coming Friday in
Switzerland and Germany.
They eventually did so via a
golden set whereby they fought their way back after losing their first
third-round fixture to Ukraine.
This past week France
played four friendly matches with Croatia in Maribor, Slovenia before returning
home to spend the last few days before departing to Zurich in Sélestat.
claimed their last friendly with Croatia in straight sets and that series of
matches was a very good chance to see where the group stands before they take
on Belgium, Italy and Switzerland in prelim Pool B. The first out of these four
games ended in a 2-2 as it was stopped after four sets before Croatia won the
second fixture by 3-1. After losing their third clash 0-4, ‘Les Blues’ cruised
to a straight win to round out their camp in Maribor.
“It was a very fruitful week for our group where we could finalise our
preparations for the upcoming EuroVolley in the best way. It was a very good
experience for my players to play a strong team like Croatia that is about to
depart for the European Championship with the ambition to go for a very good result.
As we won the last game with Croatia, we definitely got the right confidence
for the last stage of our preparations. I have seen that my players performed
well individually as well as collectively,” said head coach Fabrice Vial. “They
have showed that they can cope with difficult situations and this is the best
we take from this experience”.
The roster has been reduced to 12 players who are all set to depart to Zurich
on Wednesday. The group includes: Christina Bauer, Myriam Kloster, Maëva Orlé,
Anna Rybaczewski, Elisabeth Fedele, Hélène Schleck, Astrid Souply, Déborah
Ortschitt, Alexandra Rochelle, Alexandra Jupiter, Mallory Steux, and Leyla
- Women’s Qualifier Opens Gstaad Major
- Egypt celebrates major triumph for African volleyball
- 360° images recreate finals magic
- Agatha and Barbara top rankings after Netherlands heroics
- Brazil dominates podium in The Hague
- FIVB World Tour resumes in Switzerland at Swatch FIVB Gstaad Major
- Brazil, China and USA complete weekend sweep in Group 1
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour season update following
FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships the Netherlands 2015
- Australians get second win in Group 1, Finns and Argentines grab 3-1 wins in Group 2
- Egypt win World League Group 3 Finals to advance in Group 2 next year
- Brazilian World Champions Show Improvement
- FIVB President applauds the Netherlands as beach volleyball embarks on new era
- Silver medal finish boasts Fernanda & Lima’s FIVB World Tour rankings
- FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix, Day 5: Brazil, China, USA all two-from-two in Group 1 to start 2015 tournament
- FIVB Volleyball World League Day 25 - USA secure top spot in Pool B, France finish Pool play with a perfect 12 wins
- Montenegro and Egypt to play for the gold in Group 3 Finals
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships Day Nine - As It Happened
- USA’s Brunner/Lucena Trying to Capture Magic from Season’s Past
- World Grand Prix in full swing with start of Groups 1 and 2
- World League highlights three superb five-setters on Day 24
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day Eight - As It Happened
- Brazilian Semifinal Victories Net Olympic Berth
- 50/50 chances for semifinal Holtwick/Semmler versus Lima/Fernanda
- Heartbreak for brave Bawden and Clancy at World Championships
- Australia competing to stay among volleyball's best
- World League Group 3 finalists have their say
- Smejkal: "Second place in pool D is our goal"
- Turkey hosts USA, Belgium, Italy in World Grand Prix
- Vercesi: "Securing a spot at the Finals remains our main objective"
- Getting Social: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day 7
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day Seven - As It Happened
- Brazil captures both quarterfinals Thursday in amazing Apeldoorn
- Day 23 sees Brazil and France extend their lead after both record straight sets victories
- Lucena and Brunner lead semifinals charges as Amsterdam closes for business
- Peru, Colombia, Cuba and Kazakhstan prepare for Pool P encounters in Trujillo
- U20 Drawing of Lots ceremony held in Puerto Rico
- Antiga: "We are now playing for a ticket to the Finals in Rio"
- Alluring Apeldoorn anxiously awaits awesome aria of Quarterfinals tonight
- Australia take on Serbia and Turkey play USA, live on YouTube
- Juliana and Maria Antonelli win Brazilian battle to advance
- Poland and USA prepare for Pool B climax
- Sanderson ready for emotional homecoming
- Qataris move on to quarter-finals
- World Grand Prix Pool A coaches expect challenging weekend
- Americans, Dutch, Germans & Russian Post Elimination Wins
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships Day Six - As It Happened
- Getting Social: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day 6
- Awesome Apeldoorn angst approaching Thursday’s Round of 16, quarterfinals
- Qataris upset the form book to advance in Amsterdam
- FIVB President congratulates Amsterdam on spectacular event