Youth Continental Cup Zonal Phase completed as 11 countries qualify for finals in both genders
The 16 teams qualified for the finals are:
Boys: Germany and Norway from Pool A; Czech Republic and Slovakia from Pool B; Italy and Spain from Pool C; Austria and France from Pool D; Poland and Lithuania from Pool E; Latvia and Finland from Pool F; Ukraine and Cyprus from Pool G; Russia and Bulgaria from Pool H.
Girls: Germany and Norway from Pool A; Czech Republic and the Netherlands from Pool B; Switzerland and Italy from Pool C; Austria and France from Pool D; Lithuania and Poland from Pool E; Latvia and Belarus from Pool F; Ukraine and Greece from Pool G; Russia and Turkey from Pool H.
A total of 11 countries (Germany, Norway, Czech Republic, Italy, Austria, France, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Ukraine, and Russia) have qualified for the finals in both genders thereby testifying the quality of their programs to develop Beach Volleyball across the youth.
The inaugural CEV Youth Beach Volleyball Continental Cup is the major highlight of the CEV Beach Volleyball Development Plan worked out for the quadrennial 2013-2016.
This competition spans over a 2-year period (2013 and 2014) and serves as the European qualification process to determine the 6 teams that will represent Europe at the 2014 Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing, China.
The CEV Youth Beach Volleyball Continental Cup was established also to stimulate NFs to implement development programs in order to achieve the following goals:
• To increase the number of participants/players in the youth age group
• To increase the number of countries participating in youth competitions
• To increase the number of tournaments specifically conceived for the youth
• To create an interesting and exciting qualification process for the 2014 Youth Olympics
• To make sure all NFs are able to participate regardless of their financial situation
• To provide players with an opportunity to improve on their skills