Bahamas claim two victories in NORCECA Pool I
Marigot, St. Martin, August 10, 2013 – Bahamas won their two matches of Saturday at the NORCECA Men’s Pool I Qualification Tournament of the FIVB World Championship.
Princ Tanique Wilson contributed heavily to the ofence in the two victories of Bahamas on Saturday|
The Bahamians first opened with a straight-set win over hosts French St. Martin and then prevailed in close three-set victory over Barbados who had won their match against Nicaragua in consecutive frames.
Nicaragua later recovered to even up its record at 1-1 with a 3-0 victory over winless St. Martin.
In Sunday morning actions, the undefeated Bahamas plays Nicaragua while Barbados takes on St. Martin.
The top two ranked teams at the end of the round-robin will play for the ticket to the third round to be played in 2014 while the second place team has to wait until the four best second teams are determined from all six qualifiers played during the course of 2013.
Barbados 3, Nicaragua 0
Barbados poured in a dominating performance against Nicaragua winning in straight sets (25-13, 25-15, 25-23) in the opening encounter. Barbados led Nicaragua in the blocking department 13 -4 and in attacks they were also superior leading 34 to 23. Individually, it was Barbados' Jabarry Goodridge with 10 points that led all scorers. For the losing team Tito Valdivia was the highest scorer with 9 points.
Bahamas 3, St. Martin 0
Bahamas strolled to a comfortable straight sets victory (25-16, 25-16, 25-22) against St. Martin in the second match of Saturday. The attacking dominance of team Bahamas was shown on the score sheet as they had a 17 point advantage 37-20 at the end of the game. Renaldo Knowles led all scorers with 11 points. He was able assisted by Princ Tanique Wilson who had 10 points. For the losing team Rotiilio Rchardson was on top of their points table with 8.
Bahamas 3, Barbados 0
Bahamas got a second victory in as many matches when they put away strong contenders Barbados in straight sets (25-23, 25-21, 25-22) in the third match. Princ Tanique Wilson of Bahamas was on fire with 17 points, including 5 service aces. His teammate Renaldo Knowles had 11 points. Fabian Cox of Barbados also had 11 points in a losing cause. Overall Bahamas won in the spikes department 31-25 but Barbados outscored them in blocks 10-4. However the service points were led by Bahamas 10-3.
Nicaragua 3, St. Martin 0
Nicaragua recorded their first victory when they defeated hosts St. Martin in straight sets (25-23, 25-15, 25-14). Nicaragua depended on an overall team performance to achieve the victory and their efforts were reflected on the score sheet. Captain Kenneth Sevilla and Jonathan Lopez both had 9 points while Alvarado Martinez and Tito Valdivia chipped in with 8 and 7 points respectively. St. Martin on the other hand had a clear leader in Francky Luchel with 9 points in a losing effort.
- Getting to know: Belgium “Yellow Tiger” Valérie Courtois
- Slovakia to make the most of World League experience
- 2014 FIVB World Tour debuts with Fuzhou Open
- Two undefeated teams head into last preliminary match of Asian Women’s Club Volleyball Championship
- Phil Dalhausser looks to climb back to the top in beach volleyball
- Watch: Drawing of Lots reviews capture excitement of FIVB World Championships
- Fuzhou gets ready for first FIVB beach volleyball event of the year
- Pepe magic helping Paraguay toward Nanjing dream
- Tianjin, Taipei undefeated, Hisamitsu lead Pool A after day 3 of Asian Women’s Club Championship
- Fuzhou Open Q&A: Get to know China's beach volleyball stars
- Birarelli eyes successful Club World Championship comeback
- 2014 FIVB Beach Volleyball Media Guide now available
- Tianjin, Taipei enjoy second win in Asian Women’s Club Volleyball Championship
- Top players on form for clubs ahead of World League
- Tsvetan Sokolov dreams of becoming Bulgaria's champion with Marek one day
- Venezuelans back in tandem for Fuzhou Open
- Favourites have field day at Asia Volleyball Women’s Club Championship
- Makowski announces Polish 22 player roster for the year ahead
- Thailand and Iran claim gold at latest Asian Beach Volleyball Tour event
- VolleyWorld reflects on a truly Italian affair with the Women’s World Championship Drawing of Lots
- England looks forward to hosting CEV Continental Cup tournament
- "ThrowbackThursday" recognizes anniversary of FIVB Constitutional Congress
- Poland announces men’s national team roster for 2014 season
- Wallace boosts Sada Cruzeiro ahead of Club World Championship
- FIVB Volleyball Men’s Club World Championship wild cards go to Trentino and Al-Rayyan
- Kids Beach Festival praised as fantastic experience
- Matin Varamin claim Asian Club Championship title, ticket to FIVB Men's Club Championship
- Baic Motor claim third spot with win over Kondensat-Zhaikmunay at Asian Men’s Club Championhip
- Beach Volleyball Seminar sets scene for season ahead
- Chinese Taipei finish fifth, host place seventh at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- Sierra Leone men and Rwanda women top podium of African qualifiers for Youth Olympic Games
- Al-Rayyan, Matin Varamin in finals of Asian Club Championship for ticket to FIVB Men's Club Championship
- Alison and Bruno continue impressive form
- FIVB World Tour champs hitting top form
- Sada Cruzeiro take Superliga title on their way to Club World Championship in May
- Serbian Beach Volleyball duo to celebrate FIVB Grand Slam debut in Shanghai
- Chinese Taipei, Iraq's South Gas Club Sports to fight for fifth place of Asian Men’s Club Champs
- Organisers of Moscow Grand Slam unveil plans for a memorable 2014 edition
- Kovac looking forward to getting to grips with Iranian national team
- Kondensat-Zhaikmunay, Matin Varamin, Al-Rayyan, Baic Motor cruise to semis of Asian club championship
- Argentina and Chile take gold in Tucuman stop of South American Beach Tour
- Zurich glory for Swiss and German duos
- Match times announced for FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Championship first round
- CEV President signs agreement with Danish Federation to establish Europe’s fifth Regional Volleyball Development Centre
- Field takes shape as more teams book ticket to Youth Olympic Games
- Watch skilled young athletes and training videos on FIVB Development YouTube
- Puerto Rican and American boys ticketed to Nanjing
- Puerto Rican and Canadian girls grab spots to Nanjing
- Top New Zealand pair out to boost beach volleyball’s profile before taking on world
- Volero Zurich leads national teams, as preparations begin for FIVB Women's Club Championship