Emanuele Zanini appointed coach of Turkey's men team
Istanbul, Turkey, August 9, 2013 - Italian-born Emanuele Zanini was appointed coach of Turkey men’s national team on Friday. The Italian mentor, born in 1965, who holds a degree in physical education from the University of Bologna, previously coached Slovakia to their greatest results in history.
Emanuele Zanini (right) with the President of the Turkish Volleyball Federation Ozkan Mutlugil |
Zanini was also an assistant coach and the physical trainer of Italy’s national team for two years with the group winning gold at the 1999 FIVB World League and the European Championship in addition to a bronze medal at the FIVB World Cup held that same year in Japan. One year later the “Azzurri” continued their streak of success by winning the World League once more and claiming bronze at the Sydney Olympics.
Zanini was named coach of Slovakia’s national team in 2008 and spent four seasons with them, winning twice the CEV Volleyball European League (in 2008 and 2011). Two years ago, under his guidance, Slovakia finished fifth at the EuroVolley, their best result ever.
Zanini has also been active with many clubs in his native Italy, as well as in Austria and in Slovakia. His first assignment with Turkey in the EuroVolley 2013 in September and will then move to France to mentor BEAUVAIS Oise in that country’s first division. Zanini, who is fluent in English and French, joins his countryman Massimo Barbolini who has been coaching the Turkey women’s national team, currently competing in the FIVB World Grand Prix, since the start of the year.
- Iran, Japan, China, Chinese Taipei reach AVC Cup semifinals
- Angela Leyva in rising orbit ahead of 2017 Grand Prix Group 2
- Ricardo and Andre win Brazil Tour opener
- World Championship beckons for Dominican Republic, Argentina and Cuba after U23 Pan Am Cup
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- “It’s been a long season”
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League
- SWATCH birthday present awaits Bansley?
- Rio 2016 stars to descend on Manila for Club World Champs
- Toronto becomes the “Capital of Beach Volleyball”
- As the Mikasa Turns - Bansley & Pavan "split" conversation
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup
- TALKIN’ STATS: Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Preview
- Toronto's Tuesday Trial - Pavan’s pristine picture?