Ricardo’s 16-year old son to debut at the U19 World Championships
Porto, Portugal, July 8, 2013 – Just a few days after Brazil’s 38-year old Ricardo Santos won the silver medal at the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships in Stare Jablonki, his 16-year old son will make his international debut.
Pedro Henrique Resende Santos makes his international debut at the U19 World Championships|
Pedro Henrique Resende Santos will compete at the U19 World Championships in Porto from July 11-14.
The event in Portugal is the third and final FIVB age group tournament this year after the U23 World Championships in Myslowice, Poland, and the U21 in Umag, Croatia, in June.
Around 80 teams from over 30 different countries will compete in the beach stadium in the Portuguese coastal town.
Poland favourite in the women’s competition
In the women’s competition Poland’s Katarzyna Kociolek and Jagoda Gruszczynska are likely candidates for the title, since they won the gold medal at the U21 in Umag just a few weeks ago.
Also competing in Portugal is the 2011 and 2012 U21 world champion Nina Betschart from Switzerland and 14-year old Eduarda Santos Lisboa who won silver at the U23 in Myslowice this year.
The 12th edition of the U19 World Championships starts on Wednesday with the qualification tournament. In the main draw 32 teams divided over eight pools, each playing a round robin.
The elimination phase begins on Friday, with the semifinals and medal matches scheduled for Sunday.
Porto, the second largest city in Portugal, hosted the U19 World Championships once before, in 2010. Portugal also staged 13 men’s and nine women’s FIVB World Tour stops in Espinho.
Beach Volleyball U19 World Championships Tournament Page
- Iran, Japan, China, Chinese Taipei reach AVC Cup semifinals
- Angela Leyva in rising orbit ahead of 2017 Grand Prix Group 2
- Ricardo and Andre win Brazil Tour opener
- World Championship beckons for Dominican Republic, Argentina and Cuba after U23 Pan Am Cup
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- “It’s been a long season”
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League
- SWATCH birthday present awaits Bansley?
- Rio 2016 stars to descend on Manila for Club World Champs
- Toronto becomes the “Capital of Beach Volleyball”
- As the Mikasa Turns - Bansley & Pavan "split" conversation
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup
- TALKIN’ STATS: Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Preview
- Toronto's Tuesday Trial - Pavan’s pristine picture?