Ricardo’s 16-year old son to debut at the U19 World Championships
Porto, Portugal, July 8, 2013 – Just a few days after Brazil’s 38-year old Ricardo Santos won the silver medal at the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships in Stare Jablonki, his 16-year old son will make his international debut.
Pedro Henrique Resende Santos makes his international debut at the U19 World Championships|
Pedro Henrique Resende Santos will compete at the U19 World Championships in Porto from July 11-14.
The event in Portugal is the third and final FIVB age group tournament this year after the U23 World Championships in Myslowice, Poland, and the U21 in Umag, Croatia, in June.
Around 80 teams from over 30 different countries will compete in the beach stadium in the Portuguese coastal town.
Poland favourite in the women’s competition
In the women’s competition Poland’s Katarzyna Kociolek and Jagoda Gruszczynska are likely candidates for the title, since they won the gold medal at the U21 in Umag just a few weeks ago.
Also competing in Portugal is the 2011 and 2012 U21 world champion Nina Betschart from Switzerland and 14-year old Eduarda Santos Lisboa who won silver at the U23 in Myslowice this year.
The 12th edition of the U19 World Championships starts on Wednesday with the qualification tournament. In the main draw 32 teams divided over eight pools, each playing a round robin.
The elimination phase begins on Friday, with the semifinals and medal matches scheduled for Sunday.
Porto, the second largest city in Portugal, hosted the U19 World Championships once before, in 2010. Portugal also staged 13 men’s and nine women’s FIVB World Tour stops in Espinho.
Beach Volleyball U19 World Championships Tournament Page
- Favourites have field day at Asian Women’s Club Volleyball Championship
- Makowski announces Polish 22 player roster for the year ahead
- Poland announces men’s national team roster for 2014 season
- Thailand and Iraq claim gold at latest Asian Beach Volleyball Tour event
- VolleyWorld reflects on a truly Italian affair with the Women’s World Championship Drawing of Lots
- England looks forward to hosting CEV Continental Cup tournament
- "ThrowbackThursday" recognizes anniversary of FIVB Constitutional Congress
- Wallace boosts Sada Cruzeiro ahead of Club World Championship
- FIVB Volleyball Men’s Club World Championship wild cards go to Trentino and Al-Rayyan
- Kids Beach Festival praised as fantastic experience
- Matin Varamin claim Asian Club Championship title, ticket to FIVB Men's Club Championship
- Baic Motor claim third spot with win over Kondensat-Zhaikmunay at Asian Men’s Club Championhip
- Beach Volleyball Seminar sets scene for season ahead
- Chinese Taipei finish fifth, host place seventh at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- Al-Rayyan, Matin Varamin in finals of Asian Club Championship for ticket to FIVB Men's Club Championship
- Alison and Bruno continue impressive form
- FIVB World Tour champs hitting top form
- Sada Cruzeiro take Superliga title on their way to Club World Championship in May
- Serbian Beach Volleyball duo to celebrate FIVB Grand Slam debut in Shanghai
- Chinese Taipei, Iraq's South Gas Club Sports to fight for fifth place of Asian Men’s Club Champs
- Organisers of Moscow Grand Slam unveil plans for a memorable 2014 edition
- Kovac looking forward to getting to grips with Iranian national team
- Kondensat-Zhaikmunay, Matin Varamin, Al-Rayyan, Baic Motor cruise to semis of Asian club championship
- Argentina and Chile take gold in Tucuman stop of South American Beach Tour
- Zurich glory for Swiss and German duos
- Match times announced for FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Championship first round
- CEV President signs agreement with Danish Federation to establish Europe’s fifth Regional Volleyball Development Centre
- Field takes shape as more teams book ticket to Youth Olympic Games
- Watch skilled young athletes and training videos on FIVB Development YouTube
- Puerto Rican and American boys ticketed to Nanjing
- Puerto Rican and Canadian girls grab spots to Nanjing
- Top New Zealand pair out to boost beach volleyball’s profile before taking on world
- Volero Zurich leads national teams, as preparations begin for FIVB Women's Club Championship
- American duo breezes past opponents in day one in Carolina
- Canadian twins steal the show in Carolina
- South Gas Club Sports, Matin Varamin, Al-Rayyan, Baic Motor top their pools in Asian Club preliminary round
- Aussie pair takes important first step before FIVB World Tour
- Qatar, Vanuatu share honours at Khanom Asian Beach Volleyball Tour
- Al-Rayyan on course to a clean sweep in the preliminaries
- Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Qatar, China clubs remain unbeaten after Day 3 of Asian Men's Club Volleyball Championship
- FIVB stars on show as Swiss Tour gets underway
- Lases Cup comes to another successful end in Latvia
- Iran's Matin Varamin overcome Oita Miyoshi Weisse Adler at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- President completes important SportAccord visit
- Brazil confirms Grand Slam event in September
- Polish Volleyball hero Mariusz Wlazly returns to national team
- Brazil's Mineirinho arena shaping up for a big month
- Philippines, Lebanon, Qatar, Kazakhstan, Chinese Taipei win on first day of Asian Club Championship
- Nakhon Pathom ready to host Asian Women’s Club Championship
- Puerto Rico hosts NORCECA Final Qualifiers to Nanjing