Volleyball Way campaign launched in Vienna
Vienna, Austria, June 28, 2013. “Fair Play. Volleyball Way” is the slogan chosen for an innovative campaign that the CEV did officially unveil on Friday evening in Vienna to round off the program of the annual European Volleyball Gala. A special logo has been designed to accompany all activities planned for this campaign whose primary goal is to help promote the image of Volleyball as a clean and fair sport among the fans and the media.
The campaign will feature at the finals of the CEV Volleyball European League in mid-July|
“This campaign is an action we want to share with all of our partners, and primarily with the national federations and clubs” says CEV President André Meyer. “If we want to stand the challenges of the present and future times, we need to stick together and work all together for the good of the sport. Only this way we can face any challenges as deep as the ocean and as high as the sky. Our recipe consists of commitment, devotion, total passion for the sport and teamwork, in and off the court, and this applies to both of our disciplines, Volleyball and Beach Volleyball” Meyer continues.
The campaign focuses primarily on fair play and the image of Volleyball as a clean, non-violent sport. “We want to pursue and promote fair play in our own way” the CEV President stresses. “Our ultimate goal is to involve more and more young people in the sport by sharing a positive message that identifies the unique attributes of our sport”.
Questioned about the reasons for this campaign, Meyer says: “We wanted to emphasize one of the main features of our sport. In other disciplines fair play means that sportspeople do not complain or are not misbehaving. Volleyball is in this sense much different than any other sport for fair play is part of its quintessence. That’s why we will be promoting fair play in our own way, our Volleyball way” Meyer points out. “This will help us differentiate our sport from all other disciplines and focus on its strengths”.
“Volleyball stands as a synonym for fair play and is a fair game by nature so this explains the slogan we have chosen and worked out for this innovative campaign” Meyer continues. “Volleyball is as clean as no other sport and our players can be taken as role models for the young generations. There’s no physical contact in Volleyball and with their behavior our players do always show the importance of teamwork and mutual assistance”.
To support the campaign a logo has been designed thereby complementing the CEV corporate identity with something special that conveys a message of harmony and balance. The logo will be the key visual used for any promotional and communication activity linked to the campaign. “This campaign will be extensively promoted by working closely with National Federations and clubs” stresses Mr. Meyer. “We will involve the media and the major stars of our sport and at the same time start negotiating with potential long-term partners who are willing to share our vision and goals. Our intention is to enhance our presence in schools and make sure that as many youngsters as possible take up our sport”.
The campaign will also focus on common social responsibility thereby stimulating national federations and clubs to join and support social causes similarly to what CEV has done by entering into a partnership with Special Olympics already last year.
“We will immediately follow up on the launch of this campaign and start promoting it at the finals of the CEV Volleyball European League coming up in mid-July” the CEV President says. “We have got many Volleyball and Beach Volleyball competitions scheduled for this summer and this will help us spread this message around all over Europe. The final rounds of the European Championship in September and the next edition of the CEV Volleyball Champions League starting in October are next on our agenda” he concludes.
- Favourites have field day at Asian Women’s Club Volleyball Championship
- Makowski announces Polish 22 player roster for the year ahead
- Poland announces men’s national team roster for 2014 season
- Thailand and Iraq claim gold at latest Asian Beach Volleyball Tour event
- VolleyWorld reflects on a truly Italian affair with the Women’s World Championship Drawing of Lots
- England looks forward to hosting CEV Continental Cup tournament
- "ThrowbackThursday" recognizes anniversary of FIVB Constitutional Congress
- Wallace boosts Sada Cruzeiro ahead of Club World Championship
- FIVB Volleyball Men’s Club World Championship wild cards go to Trentino and Al-Rayyan
- Kids Beach Festival praised as fantastic experience
- Matin Varamin claim Asian Club Championship title, ticket to FIVB Men's Club Championship
- Baic Motor claim third spot with win over Kondensat-Zhaikmunay at Asian Men’s Club Championhip
- Beach Volleyball Seminar sets scene for season ahead
- Chinese Taipei finish fifth, host place seventh at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- Al-Rayyan, Matin Varamin in finals of Asian Club Championship for ticket to FIVB Men's Club Championship
- Alison and Bruno continue impressive form
- FIVB World Tour champs hitting top form
- Sada Cruzeiro take Superliga title on their way to Club World Championship in May
- Serbian Beach Volleyball duo to celebrate FIVB Grand Slam debut in Shanghai
- Chinese Taipei, Iraq's South Gas Club Sports to fight for fifth place of Asian Men’s Club Champs
- Organisers of Moscow Grand Slam unveil plans for a memorable 2014 edition
- Kovac looking forward to getting to grips with Iranian national team
- Kondensat-Zhaikmunay, Matin Varamin, Al-Rayyan, Baic Motor cruise to semis of Asian club championship
- Argentina and Chile take gold in Tucuman stop of South American Beach Tour
- Zurich glory for Swiss and German duos
- Match times announced for FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Championship first round
- CEV President signs agreement with Danish Federation to establish Europe’s fifth Regional Volleyball Development Centre
- Field takes shape as more teams book ticket to Youth Olympic Games
- Watch skilled young athletes and training videos on FIVB Development YouTube
- Puerto Rican and American boys ticketed to Nanjing
- Puerto Rican and Canadian girls grab spots to Nanjing
- Top New Zealand pair out to boost beach volleyball’s profile before taking on world
- Volero Zurich leads national teams, as preparations begin for FIVB Women's Club Championship
- American duo breezes past opponents in day one in Carolina
- Canadian twins steal the show in Carolina
- South Gas Club Sports, Matin Varamin, Al-Rayyan, Baic Motor top their pools in Asian Club preliminary round
- Aussie pair takes important first step before FIVB World Tour
- Qatar, Vanuatu share honours at Khanom Asian Beach Volleyball Tour
- Al-Rayyan on course to a clean sweep in the preliminaries
- Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Qatar, China clubs remain unbeaten after Day 3 of Asian Men's Club Volleyball Championship
- FIVB stars on show as Swiss Tour gets underway
- Lases Cup comes to another successful end in Latvia
- Iran's Matin Varamin overcome Oita Miyoshi Weisse Adler at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- President completes important SportAccord visit
- Brazil confirms Grand Slam event in September
- Polish Volleyball hero Mariusz Wlazly returns to national team
- Brazil's Mineirinho arena shaping up for a big month
- Philippines, Lebanon, Qatar, Kazakhstan, Chinese Taipei win on first day of Asian Club Championship
- Nakhon Pathom ready to host Asian Women’s Club Championship
- Puerto Rico hosts NORCECA Final Qualifiers to Nanjing