Brazil and Poland claim gold at U21 World Championships in Umag
Umag, Croatia, June 23, 2013 – Brazil and Poland are the new U21 world champions. In the men’s final of the FIVB Junior World Championships in Umag Gustavo Carvalhaes and Allison Cittadin beat Canada’s Grant O’Gorman and Aaron Nusbaum in two sets. Katarzyna Kociolek and Jagoda Gruszczynska took the gold in straight sets against Germany’s Anika Krebs and Jelena Wlk.
The podium of the U21 World Championships in Umag|
Poland won another medal at the Stella Maris Stadium on Sunday. Maciej Kosiak and Maciej Rudol defeated Russia’s Maxim Zhirkov and Ostap Firsov in the bronze medal match. Austria’s Katharina Schützenhöfer and Jena Plesiutschnig took third place in the women’s competition with a win over Spain’s Paula Soria and Raquel Brun.
Gold for Brazil after a spectacular men’s final in Umag
Brazil and Canada got people jumping up and down in their seats at the U21 World Championship final in Umag. Both teams gave away a big show with spectacular digs en explosive spikes, but it was Brazil’s Gustavo Carvalhaes and Allison Cittadin who claimed the gold in the end.
Poland’s Kociolek and Gruszscynska claim the U21 title in Umag
Katarzyna Kociolek and Jagoda Gruszczynska claimed the U21 world title Sunday evening in Umag. The Polish girls beat Germany’s Anika Krebs and Jelena Wlk in two close sets (22-20 23-21) to grab the gold.
Canada and Brazil meet again in the men’s final in Umag
In a rematch of the pool play on Friday Canada’s Grant O’Gorman and Aaron Nusbaum will meet Gustavo Carvalhaes and Allison Cittadin from Brazil again on Sunday in the final of the FIVB U21 World Championships in Umag.
Germany and Poland in Umag U21 women’s final
Germany’s Anika Krebs and Jelena Wlk take on Katarzyna Kociolek and Jagoda Gruszczynska in the women’s final of the U21 World Championships in Umag. The gold medal match is scheduled for eight o’clock on Sunday evening in the Stella Maris Stadium.
The U21 World Championships in Umag were the second of three FIVB age group world events in 2013. Two weeks ago Myslowice staged the U23 World Championships. Porto will host the final event, the U19 World Championships, from July 11-14.
FIVB U21 World Championships Tournament Page
Facebook: FIVB - International Volleyball Federation
YouTube: FIVB Video
- Second round has arrived with promises of more exciting matches
- Video challenge eyes the court in second and final round
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 8 - As It Happened
- Introducing Round 2: Russia, USA, Turkey and Bulgaria seek a pass to the Final Six
- Coaches in Trieste expect a close affair
- 2014 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour update after 14 events
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 7 - As It Happened
- Vargas has memory to cherish
- Sheilla: In the heart of Italian fans
- Asian Games favourites show determination in men's tournament
- First round concludes with thrilling matches across Italy
- Ma-Xia win beach volleyball gold at Asian Games
- First FIVB World Tour medal bittersweet for Italy's Menegatti/Orsi Toth
- Call brings old Brazilian friends back together on the beach
- Turkey, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Belgium claim last second round tickets
- President Medina visits Dominican compatriots in Italy
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 6 - As It Happened
- Brazil holds off Italy to win women’s gold at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Netherlands stops Brazil for men’s gold medal at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- China’s Ma-Xia to face Thailand’s Udomchavee-Radarong in the final of Asian Games beach volleyball tournament
- Final four spots into Women's World Championship 2nd Round to be settled Sunday
- Korea, Japan, Iran, China men top pools in Asian Games
- Varenhorst calls in the Experience to FIVB Sao Paulo Grand Slam
- Beach growing in the land of Volleyball
- Korea, China, Thailand, Japan advance to Asian Games semis
- Fourth day capped by exciting action, big crowds
- Brazil, Netherlands to tangle for men’s gold Sunday at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- China keep a clean sheet; four second round spots still open
- Brazil to meet Italy for women’s gold at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 5 - As It Happened
- Last-minute invite leads Popp to fifth place at FIVB Sao Paulo Grand Slam
- Four China teams make Asian Games beach volleyball semis
- Teams scramble for open spots into the second round
- Men’s final four set for Saturday’s semifinals at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Women’s final four set for Saturday’s semis at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Slow end doesn't dull Czech Republic's Slukova/Kolocova breakthrough year
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 4 - As It Happened
- “Catherine the Great” sets sights on title hat-trick
- Twenty-four men’s duos advance from pool play Thursday at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Down to seven undefeated teams in Italy
- Canada's Binstock/Schachter earn memorable triple in São Paulo
- Women’s field reduced to 24 teams at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Seven teams claim second round tickets at FIVB Women’s World Championship
- FIVB Women's World Championship - Day 3 - As it Happened
- Were you at the final?
- Austria's Schwaiger on road to Rio with new teammate
- Day three to feature first meetings with eight undefeated teams
- Ten unbeaten women’s teams Wednesday at FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam
- Five huge surprises in men’s pool play FIVB São Paulo Grand Slam Wednesday
- Eight undefeated teams stand in good position to advance to second round after Day 2