Group N completes 2nd Round of NORCECA Women's
St George, Grenada, June 20, 2013 – The NORCECA Second Round Group N Women’s Tournament of the 2014 World Championship in Italy will take place at Laborie Indoor Facility of St George on June 22-23.
Panama is ranked ninth in NORCECA and the pre-tournament favourites to go to the third round|
Teams from Dominica, Haiti, Panama and hosts Grenada are preparing their forces to battle for the top two spots and the corresponding tickets to the next and final phase of qualification events. Each team is programmed to play twice a day on Saturday and Sunday.
The first match features Dominica against Panama followed by the encounter of Grenada and Haiti.
Panama, currently in 9th place of NORCECA rankings, and the 20th ranked Dominica topped their first round competitions held last year while No. 29 Haiti and No. 24 Grenada both finished in third position.
The Panamanians defeated El Salvador 25-18, 25-15, 25-11 to win Group G in 2012 while Dominica battled a fiery Antigua & Barbuda 26-24, 25-22, 21-25, 26-24 to top Group F last year.
The Group N marks the completion of the six women’s tournaments scheduled in 2013 within NORCECA, with the previous ones celebrated in Curacao, U.S. Virgin Islands, Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica and Guatemala.
Teams of Curacao, El Salvador, Trinidad & Tobago, Nicaragua and Guatemala claimed first place in those events, while St Lucia, U.S. Virgin Islands, Barbados, Jamaica and Guadeloupe finished in second place.
Besides the top qualified teams of Group N, the best third place ranked team as of January 2014 among the six tournaments, will get also a pass to the third round of four-team five tournaments that includes top-ranked teams of United States, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica.
09:00 Dominica v Panama
11:00 Grenada v Haiti
18:00 Panama v Haiti
20:00 Dominica v Grenada
09:00 Dominica v Haiti
11:00 Panama v Grenada
18:00 Third v Fourth
20:00 First v Second
- Iran, Japan, China, Chinese Taipei reach AVC Cup semifinals
- Angela Leyva in rising orbit ahead of 2017 Grand Prix Group 2
- Ricardo and Andre win Brazil Tour opener
- World Championship beckons for Dominican Republic, Argentina and Cuba after U23 Pan Am Cup
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- “It’s been a long season”
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League
- SWATCH birthday present awaits Bansley?
- Rio 2016 stars to descend on Manila for Club World Champs
- Toronto becomes the “Capital of Beach Volleyball”
- As the Mikasa Turns - Bansley & Pavan "split" conversation
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup
- TALKIN’ STATS: Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Preview
- Toronto's Tuesday Trial - Pavan’s pristine picture?