Group N completes 2nd Round of NORCECA Women's
St George, Grenada, June 20, 2013 – The NORCECA Second Round Group N Women’s Tournament of the 2014 World Championship in Italy will take place at Laborie Indoor Facility of St George on June 22-23.
Panama is ranked ninth in NORCECA and the pre-tournament favourites to go to the third round|
Teams from Dominica, Haiti, Panama and hosts Grenada are preparing their forces to battle for the top two spots and the corresponding tickets to the next and final phase of qualification events. Each team is programmed to play twice a day on Saturday and Sunday.
The first match features Dominica against Panama followed by the encounter of Grenada and Haiti.
Panama, currently in 9th place of NORCECA rankings, and the 20th ranked Dominica topped their first round competitions held last year while No. 29 Haiti and No. 24 Grenada both finished in third position.
The Panamanians defeated El Salvador 25-18, 25-15, 25-11 to win Group G in 2012 while Dominica battled a fiery Antigua & Barbuda 26-24, 25-22, 21-25, 26-24 to top Group F last year.
The Group N marks the completion of the six women’s tournaments scheduled in 2013 within NORCECA, with the previous ones celebrated in Curacao, U.S. Virgin Islands, Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica and Guatemala.
Teams of Curacao, El Salvador, Trinidad & Tobago, Nicaragua and Guatemala claimed first place in those events, while St Lucia, U.S. Virgin Islands, Barbados, Jamaica and Guadeloupe finished in second place.
Besides the top qualified teams of Group N, the best third place ranked team as of January 2014 among the six tournaments, will get also a pass to the third round of four-team five tournaments that includes top-ranked teams of United States, Dominican Republic, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica.
09:00 Dominica v Panama
11:00 Grenada v Haiti
18:00 Panama v Haiti
20:00 Dominica v Grenada
09:00 Dominica v Haiti
11:00 Panama v Grenada
18:00 Third v Fourth
20:00 First v Second
- Brazil remain on top of men’s world ranking after gold finish in Rio 2016
- Olympic champions China reach top spot in women’s world ranking
- Brazil’s Pedro/Evandro win battle of Olympians over USA for gold at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross overcome Spain’s Lili/Elsa for gold medal at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Latvia’s Samoilovs/Smedins roar to bronze medal win at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Germany’s Sude/Laboureur capture bronze medal at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Olympians from Brazil and USA to battle for gold Medal Sunday at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross vs. Spain’s Lili/Elsa for women’s gold medal Sunday at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Brazil, Italy, Latvia and USA earn men's semifinal spots Saturday at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/ Ross leading women’s field to Saturday semis at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Italy’s Rangheiri/Caminati win twice Friday to earn quarterfinal spot at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Hughes/Claes enjoy ‘summer school’ on the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour
- Latvia’s Samoilovs/Smedins win their pool 3-0 on Thursday
- Spain’s Fernandez/Baquerizo lead six 3-0 women’s duos to elimination rounds
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross enjoy two home sand wins Wednesday in Long Beach
- USA Olympians Lucena/Dalhausser start quickly at Long Beach Grand Slam
- Trips to Toronto at stake in Long Beach
- Press review: Volleyball still making headlines after rumble in Rio
- Brazil’s George/Thiago progress to main draw at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Larsen/Flint among eight women qualifiers for main draw at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Priddy completes fourth Olympics with pride
- Joy and gratitude for silver medallists Agatha and Barbara
- Serginho highlights role of libero with Rio 2016 MVP award
- Press review: Brazil crowned in spectacular Olympic finale
- MVP Zhu Ting celebrates Chinese team spirit
- Alison and Bruno split gold medal with coach
- From Rio to Tokyo, the countdown for 2020 is on!
- Social media heats up as Brazil top volleyball world
- For USA’s Lee, “Tokyo no, World Championships yes, if they will have me!”
- 2016 FIVB World Tour regular season finale in USA at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam in SoCal
- Tetyukhin's quarter-century Olympic journey comes to tearful end
- Lang Ping becomes first person in volleyball to win Olympic gold as player and coach
- China ride wave of fans' support to gold
- Volleyball men's top guns set for final battle in Rio
- Social media takes Maracanazinho women's medal match drama around the globe
- Dutchmen “floating” home to meet the "King"! Then Toronto?
- Sloetjes rises above disappointment, looks ahead to Tokyo 2020
- Women's Rio 2016 final an all-female affair
- Europeans showing no gap exists with traditional powers
- This is what it's all about: The medals of Rio 2016
- 16 days of Volleyball House activity ends in true Rio style
- Kiraly “phenomenal feeling” after winning fifth Olympic medal
- Video: The Today Show’s take on Bossaball
- Order rules as referees visit Volleyball House
- 2016 FIVB World Tour update after Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Magic of Copacabana takes over social media
- Unique Maracanazinho semifinal atmosphere captured on social media
- Rematches of Athens 2004 for gold and bronze in Rio 2016
- Medal time is here for women’s tournament
- FIVB delivers impressive sports presentation masterclass at Rio 2016 Olympic Games