Baja California ready for new World Champs experience
Tijuana, Mexico, June 19 2013 – Following the arrival of teams of Cuba and Argentina teams to the Baja California High Performance Center, the representatives of FIVB and Local Organizing Committee held a press conference to inform details and updates for the Boys’ U19 World Championship.
Saul Castro, president of the organizing committee of the FIVB Boys' U19 World Championship, welcomed the teams of Cuba and Argentina, who will take part in a mini-camp along with Mexico ahead of the start of the event|
On behalf of the FIVB, First Executive Vice President and General Director of the Baja California Sports Institute, Saul Castro Verdugo, welcomed the members of the first teams to arrive for a mini-camp before the championship along with the national team of Mexico.
“We feel so excited and fortunate to receive teams from many countries, are preparing ahead of time to this championship that will be played in two venues in the cities of Tijuana and Mexicali,” said Castro Verdugo.
NORCECA Finance Commission President, Alberto Arreola, also attended the press conference accompanied by Baja California High Performance Center Director, Octavio Morgan and Sports Development Director, Cesar Osuna, former volleyball Olympian with Mexico Team at the 1968 Games.
Argentinean and Cuban coaches Julian Alvarez and Rodolfo Sanchez exchanged some impressions with the media, as well as Eduardo Murguia, first assistant coach of Mexico who attended in representation of head coach Oscar Licea.
“We are here to give our best and it is a great pleasure to participate at this tournament as some other teams from Argentina have done in previous versions and competitions in this part of Mexico,” stated Alvarez.
For Rodolfo Sanchez the BC High Performance Center has a very special atmosphere since Cuba won the gold medal at the NORCECA Continental Championship here a year ago.
“We appreciate the local authorities for allowing us to arrive and stay earlier here and be in a good rhythm,” he said.
For Mexico’s Murguia, one of the goals is to finish in the top 10.
“We are focused in having a good competition, and also are expecting to close in good place at the final ranking,” he said. “We have worked hard and are excited about the minicamp and the beginning of the world championship.”
The arrival of the Control Committee members is scheduled for next Sunday, while some other teams like France and China are expected to arrive during this week.
- Fuzhou gets ready for first FIVB beach volleyball event of the year
- Pepe magic helping Paraguay toward Nanjing dream
- Tianjin, Taipei undefeated, Hisamitsu lead Pool A after day 3 of Asian Women’s Club Championship
- Fuzhou Open Q&A: Get to know China's beach volleyball stars
- Birarelli eyes successful Club World Championship comeback
- 2014 FIVB Beach Volleyball Media Guide now available
- Tianjin, Taipei enjoy second win in Asian Women’s Club Volleyball Championship
- Top players on form for clubs ahead of World League
- Tsvetan Sokolov dreams of becoming Bulgaria's champion with Marek one day
- Venezuelans back in tandem for Fuzhou Open
- Favourites have field day at Asia Volleyball Women’s Club Championship
- Makowski announces Polish 22 player roster for the year ahead
- Thailand and Iraq claim gold at latest Asian Beach Volleyball Tour event
- VolleyWorld reflects on a truly Italian affair with the Women’s World Championship Drawing of Lots
- England looks forward to hosting CEV Continental Cup tournament
- "ThrowbackThursday" recognizes anniversary of FIVB Constitutional Congress
- Poland announces men’s national team roster for 2014 season
- Wallace boosts Sada Cruzeiro ahead of Club World Championship
- FIVB Volleyball Men’s Club World Championship wild cards go to Trentino and Al-Rayyan
- Kids Beach Festival praised as fantastic experience
- Matin Varamin claim Asian Club Championship title, ticket to FIVB Men's Club Championship
- Baic Motor claim third spot with win over Kondensat-Zhaikmunay at Asian Men’s Club Championhip
- Beach Volleyball Seminar sets scene for season ahead
- Chinese Taipei finish fifth, host place seventh at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- Sierra Leone men and Rwanda women top podium of African qualifiers for Youth Olympic Games
- Al-Rayyan, Matin Varamin in finals of Asian Club Championship for ticket to FIVB Men's Club Championship
- Alison and Bruno continue impressive form
- FIVB World Tour champs hitting top form
- Sada Cruzeiro take Superliga title on their way to Club World Championship in May
- Serbian Beach Volleyball duo to celebrate FIVB Grand Slam debut in Shanghai
- Chinese Taipei, Iraq's South Gas Club Sports to fight for fifth place of Asian Men’s Club Champs
- Organisers of Moscow Grand Slam unveil plans for a memorable 2014 edition
- Kovac looking forward to getting to grips with Iranian national team
- Kondensat-Zhaikmunay, Matin Varamin, Al-Rayyan, Baic Motor cruise to semis of Asian club championship
- Argentina and Chile take gold in Tucuman stop of South American Beach Tour
- Zurich glory for Swiss and German duos
- Match times announced for FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Championship first round
- CEV President signs agreement with Danish Federation to establish Europe’s fifth Regional Volleyball Development Centre
- Field takes shape as more teams book ticket to Youth Olympic Games
- Watch skilled young athletes and training videos on FIVB Development YouTube
- Puerto Rican and American boys ticketed to Nanjing
- Puerto Rican and Canadian girls grab spots to Nanjing
- Top New Zealand pair out to boost beach volleyball’s profile before taking on world
- Volero Zurich leads national teams, as preparations begin for FIVB Women's Club Championship
- American duo breezes past opponents in day one in Carolina
- Canadian twins steal the show in Carolina
- South Gas Club Sports, Matin Varamin, Al-Rayyan, Baic Motor top their pools in Asian Club preliminary round
- Aussie pair takes important first step before FIVB World Tour
- Qatar, Vanuatu share honours at Khanom Asian Beach Volleyball Tour
- Al-Rayyan on course to a clean sweep in the preliminaries