Suriname to host NORCECA Men’s Group M
Paramaribo, Suriname, June 14, 2013 – The NORCECA second round of tournaments towards the 2014 FIVB Men’s World Championship in Poland continue this weekend at the Ismay vam Wilgen Sport Hall of Paramaribo with the Group M four-team competition.
Suriname defeated Barbados to win last year's first round NORCECA Tournament held in Cayman Islands|
Teams of Suriname and Guatemala, winners of last year’s first round tournaments in Groups E and H, respectively, are joined by squads from Martinique and Anguilla for the weekend event.
Teams will battle for one spot to next year’s third and final round of qualifiers. However, the team that finishes in second place still have chance to punch a ticket to the third round but only as one of the four second-placed teams of the six events of 2013 with the best ranking at the end of the year.
The competition schedule see teams playing double-headers on Saturday and another match on Sunday morning to conclude the preliminary phase. Then on Sunday evening the first and second place team will compete for top place and the third and fourth place will play a consolation match.
Last year, the NORCECA 13th Guatemala outdueled Costa Rica at their own home to take first place of Group H with a 22-25, 25-20, 25-20, 18-25, 15-13 victory in the final day. The 22nd ranked Suriname claimed top place in Cayman Islands with a 3-2 (25-22, 18-25, 15-25, 25-20, 15-12) victory over Barbados.
The members of the NORCECA Control Committee arrived in Suriname on Thursday and teams will be arriving on Thursday for the preliminary enquiry and the subsequent general technical meeting.
09:00 Suriname v Anguilla
11:00 Martinique v Guatemala
18:00 Guatemala v Anguilla
20:00 Suriname v Martinique
09:00 Anguilla v Martinique
11:00 Suriname v Guatemala
18:00 Third v Fourth
20:00 First v Second
- Brzostek and Kolosinska hit new heights in Olsztyn
- Latvian fans give Plavins and Regza timely boost
- President Graça meets Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee
- New Italy coach Blengini and Juantorena claim win in run-up to World Cup
- Expectations rise as U21 World Championship nears
- Cuban captain says volleyball made dream come true
- Kantor and Losiak use home comforts to continue rapid development
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 5
- Walsh keeping Olympic dream alive in Olsztyn
- Russia top World Cup first round rankings
- Nine clubs to compete for Asian title
- Cheeky Swiss pair upsets Pedro & Evandro
- Russia, Cuba, Italy and Turkey secure top 8 spots at Men's U23
- Canadians hit stride early in Olsztyn
- Austrians and Aussies progress in Olsztyn
- Van Gestel and van der Vlist hit form after injury break
- Top favourites succeed in Day 4 of World Cup
- President Graça commends Fuji TV’s excellent World Cup coverage
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 4
- Bawden and Clancy dare to dream of Copacabana Beach
- Poland celebrates first U19 World Championship title
- Finding a foothold
- Russia win clash of Titans at Men's U23 World Championship
- President Graça welcomes new JVA management to volleyball family
- Lima and Fernanda survive qualification to reach Olsztyn main draw
- New partner, new options for Marketa Slukova
- SoCal sojourn inspires Squeo
- Rankings, rankings and rankings
- Brazil’s next big thing!
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 3
- Favourites start victorious at Men's U23 World Championship
- VOTE: Will Russia get their reward?
- Russia stand as lone unbeaten team on Day 3 of World Cup
- Follow the Men's U23 World Championship in the United Arab Emirates
- World champs lead the way in Olsztyn
- FIVB World Tour heading to Poland for FIVB Olsztyn Grand Slam
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour update following FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam in SoCal, USA
- Keeping it simple for world champions!
- Alison & Bruno continue winning ways on FIVB World Tour
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 2
- Talita & Larissa SoCal Golden Girls
- Coaches name Brazil, Russia and Italy as Men's U23 favourites
- China and Russia score back-to-back wins on Day 2 of World Cup
- Austrians' magical sand
- As It Happened - FIVB Volleyball Women's World Cup Japan 2015 - Day 1
- Russia, Cuba, USA, China, Peru and Japan seal victories in World Cup opener
- Taichung Bank capture maiden Asian Men’s Club title
- The future is bright for Women's U23 champions Brazil
- Teams in Tokyo all set for World Cup opening day
- VOTE: Top of the class?