Teams set to compete in NORCECA Men’s Group N in Guadeloupe
Pointe-a-Pitre, Guadeloupe, June 14, 2013 – The NORCECA Second Round Group N Tournament, a qualifier to the 2014 FIVB Men’s Volleyball World Championship in Poland, will be played on June 15-16 at Paul Chonchon Hall in Guadeloupe.
Hondurans celebrated big their five-set crucial victory over El Salvador in last year's first round of NORCECA Men's Tournaments|
The competition is the third of six men’s qualifiers scheduled by NORCECA this year with the previous ones celebrated in St Lucia and Aruba.
Dominica and Honduras, last year’s winners of Pools F and G, respectively, are joined by Guadeloupe and Grenada, both third place finishers in Pools C and B, in the four-team tournament.
Honduras, currently at the 18th position in NORCECA Rankings, won Pool G with an undefeated 3-0 win-loss record in a round-robin competition that included a crucial come-from-behind 3-2 victory (21-25, 31-33, 25-18, 25-14, 15-9) over El Salvador at their own home soil.
Dominica, the 21st ranked in NORCECA, won Pool F in British Virgin Islands with a thrilling 3-2 victory (25-22, 19-25, 20-25, 23-25, 15-13) against St Kitts & Nevis.
Teams will square off to contend for one secure spot to next year’s third and final round of qualifiers. However, the team that concludes in second place remains with a chance to advance but only as one of the four second-placed teams of the six events of 2013 with the best ranking at the end of the year.
The competition schedule see teams playing double-headers on Saturday and another match on Sunday morning to conclude the preliminary phase. Then on Sunday evening the first and second place team will compete for top place and the third and fourth place will play a consolation match.
The members of the NORCECA Control Committee arrived in Guadeloupe on Thursday and teams will be arriving on Thursday for the preliminary enquiry and the subsequent general technical meeting.
09:00 Guadeloupe v Grenada
11:00 Dominica v Honduras
18:00 Honduras v Grenada
20:00 Guadeloupe v Dominica
09:00 Grenada v Dominica
11:00 Guadeloupe v Honduras
18:00 Third v Fourth
20:00 First v Second
- Olympians from Brazil and USA to battle for gold Medal Sunday at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross vs. Spain’s Lili/Elsa for women’s gold medal Sunday at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Brazil, Italy, Latvia and USA earn men's semifinal spots Saturday at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/ Ross leading women’s field to Saturday semis at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Italy’s Rangheiri/Caminati win twice Friday to earn quarterfinal spot at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Hughes/Claes enjoy ‘summer school’ on the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour
- Latvia’s Samoilovs/Smedins win their pool 3-0 on Thursday
- Spain’s Fernandez/Baquerizo lead six 3-0 women’s duos to elimination rounds
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross enjoy two home sand wins Wednesday in Long Beach
- USA Olympians Lucena/Dalhausser start quickly at Long Beach Grand Slam
- Trips to Toronto at stake in Long Beach
- Press review: Volleyball still making headlines after rumble in Rio
- Brazil’s George/Thiago progress to main draw at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Larsen/Flint among eight women qualifiers for main draw at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Priddy completes fourth Olympics with pride
- Joy and gratitude for silver medallists Agatha and Barbara
- Serginho highlights role of libero with Rio 2016 MVP award
- Press review: Brazil crowned in spectacular Olympic finale
- MVP Zhu Ting celebrates Chinese team spirit
- Alison and Bruno split gold medal with coach
- From Rio to Tokyo, the countdown for 2020 is on!
- Social media heats up as Brazil top volleyball world
- For USA’s Lee, “Tokyo no, World Championships yes, if they will have me!”
- 2016 FIVB World Tour regular season finale in USA at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam in SoCal
- Tetyukhin's quarter-century Olympic journey comes to tearful end
- Lang Ping becomes first person in volleyball to win Olympic gold as player and coach
- China ride wave of fans' support to gold
- Volleyball men's top guns set for final battle in Rio
- Social media takes Maracanazinho women's medal match drama around the globe
- Dutchmen “floating” home to meet the "King"! Then Toronto?
- Sloetjes rises above disappointment, looks ahead to Tokyo 2020
- Women's Rio 2016 final an all-female affair
- Europeans showing no gap exists with traditional powers
- This is what it's all about: The medals of Rio 2016
- 16 days of Volleyball House activity ends in true Rio style
- Kiraly “phenomenal feeling” after winning fifth Olympic medal
- Video: The Today Show’s take on Bossaball
- Order rules as referees visit Volleyball House
- 2016 FIVB World Tour update after Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Magic of Copacabana takes over social media
- Unique Maracanazinho semifinal atmosphere captured on social media
- Rematches of Athens 2004 for gold and bronze in Rio 2016
- Medal time is here for women’s tournament
- FIVB delivers impressive sports presentation masterclass at Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Flashback Friday: Volleyball House celebrates Brazil’s Atlanta 1996 heroes
- Alison and Ludwig top Rio 2016 Olympic performers
- Copa Courts sets the scene for future Special Olympics activities
- TALKIN’ STATS: Rio 2016 Olympic Games Beach Volleyball Men’s Review
- Alison and Bruno hit new heights on way to Olympic glory
- Final chance to have your say and win