Teams set to compete in NORCECA Men’s Group N in Guadeloupe
Pointe-a-Pitre, Guadeloupe, June 14, 2013 – The NORCECA Second Round Group N Tournament, a qualifier to the 2014 FIVB Men’s Volleyball World Championship in Poland, will be played on June 15-16 at Paul Chonchon Hall in Guadeloupe.
Hondurans celebrated big their five-set crucial victory over El Salvador in last year's first round of NORCECA Men's Tournaments|
The competition is the third of six men’s qualifiers scheduled by NORCECA this year with the previous ones celebrated in St Lucia and Aruba.
Dominica and Honduras, last year’s winners of Pools F and G, respectively, are joined by Guadeloupe and Grenada, both third place finishers in Pools C and B, in the four-team tournament.
Honduras, currently at the 18th position in NORCECA Rankings, won Pool G with an undefeated 3-0 win-loss record in a round-robin competition that included a crucial come-from-behind 3-2 victory (21-25, 31-33, 25-18, 25-14, 15-9) over El Salvador at their own home soil.
Dominica, the 21st ranked in NORCECA, won Pool F in British Virgin Islands with a thrilling 3-2 victory (25-22, 19-25, 20-25, 23-25, 15-13) against St Kitts & Nevis.
Teams will square off to contend for one secure spot to next year’s third and final round of qualifiers. However, the team that concludes in second place remains with a chance to advance but only as one of the four second-placed teams of the six events of 2013 with the best ranking at the end of the year.
The competition schedule see teams playing double-headers on Saturday and another match on Sunday morning to conclude the preliminary phase. Then on Sunday evening the first and second place team will compete for top place and the third and fourth place will play a consolation match.
The members of the NORCECA Control Committee arrived in Guadeloupe on Thursday and teams will be arriving on Thursday for the preliminary enquiry and the subsequent general technical meeting.
09:00 Guadeloupe v Grenada
11:00 Dominica v Honduras
18:00 Honduras v Grenada
20:00 Guadeloupe v Dominica
09:00 Grenada v Dominica
11:00 Guadeloupe v Honduras
18:00 Third v Fourth
20:00 First v Second
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- “It’s been a long season”
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League
- SWATCH birthday present awaits Bansley?
- Rio 2016 stars to descend on Manila for Club World Champs
- Toronto becomes the “Capital of Beach Volleyball”
- As the Mikasa Turns - Bansley & Pavan "split" conversation
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup
- TALKIN’ STATS: Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Preview
- Toronto's Tuesday Trial - Pavan’s pristine picture?
- Smashed, tied, revised or still standing: The Records of Rio 2016
- Pools and schedule outlined for Men's Club World Champs
- Trentino, UPCN and Bolivar join top teams at Men’s Club World Champs
- Lupo and Nicolai staying grounded despite Rio silver
- Schedule set as World Tour Finals countdown enters final week
- A month after opening, Brazil still bask in Rio 2016 gold glory
- Relive Egypt's Olympic beach volleyball debut
- One month after first serve, memories of Rio still stay strong
- Reminiscing Rio and the delights of Copacabana