Main draw The Hague Grand Slam completed with qualification teams
The Hague, the Netherlands, June 11, 2013 – On the first day of the Transavia The Hague Grand Slam, hosting country the Netherlands advanced two extra teams to the women’s main draw. In the men’s competition both Canadian qualification teams made it to the main draw. A total of eight women’s and eight men’s teams advanced to complete the main draw pool play.
Dutch Rimke Braakman and Laura Bloem celebrate entering the main draw of the Transavia The Hague Grand Slam|
Honeymoon phase does not stop Canadians from winning
They are still in the honeymoon phase, but that did not stop Christian Redmann and Maverick Hatch to grab a main draw spot at the Transavia The Hague Grand Slam. The Canadian pair just started a new partnership ten days ago.
Dutch girls through after marathon match against Kazakhstan
Dutch team Laura Bloem and Rimke Braakman reached the main draw of the Transavia The Hague Grand Slam on Tuesday as one of the eight women’s team advancing from the qualification tournament. Having only practiced once together the girls surprisingly beat two higher ranked teams on the first day of the Dutch Grand Slam.
Herrera: Glad to be back
It is the first time ever that Pablo Herrera and Adrian Gavira had to start in qualification, but they were smiling their faces off during their first match on Tuesday at the Transavia The Hague Grand Slam. After months of pain and agony Herrera is finally back on the World Tour.
Van der Goor to continue as The Hague tournament director
Former volleyball star and tournament director of the Transavia The Hague Grand Slam Bas van de Goor announced on Tuesday that he will also operate as tournament director for the Grand Slam in The Hague in 2014 and the FIVB World Championships in 2015.
Starting Wednesday the Transavia Grand Slam features evening matches and matches at the city court, situated in the old centre of the town, next to the parliament buildings.
The Hague is hosting a FIVB Grand Slam for the first time after Open events in 2009, 2010 and 2011 and the European Championships in 2012. The coastal town will also host a Grand Slam next year and the World Championships in 2015.
FIVB Transavia Grand Slam tournament page
Twitter: @FIVB Volleyball
Facebook: FIVB - International Volleyball Federation
YouTube: FIVB Video
- The Duke holds court at volleyball training session
- Watch: Highlights of 2014 FIVB World Grand Prix Draw
- Legendary coach Karpol visits FIVB
- Germany ready to battle for ticket to 2014 World Champs
- And the countdown begins to the Durban Open
- Ghana, Nigeria in final phase of Women's World Championship qualification
- Record 28 teams for 2014 World Grand Prix
- Celebrating Czech Republic's 'Mini volleyball in colours'
- Mini volleyball fever takes hold of Palestine
- World League expands to 28 countries
- VIS seminar concludes in Trinidad and Tobago
- Rwanda, Kenya join Egypt to World Champs final qualification phase
- World Tour Council meets in Lausanne
- Egypt claim gold at World Champs zone 5 qualifier
- Talita and Lima confirmed as women’s rankings champs
- Alison and Emanuel announce split
- 5 teams share immaculate record after CEV Champions League third round comes to a close
- Egypt continue with another win as Rwanda edge Kenya in World Champs qualifier
- Jamaicans Hutchinson, Bryan book China ticket in style
- Trinidadian girls Ward, Davidson seal Youth Olympic spot
- Fruitful meeting for Beach Volleyball Commission
- Yet another successful year for Brazil's VivaVolei festival
- Beach Volleyball tour starts in Sierra Leone
- Impressive 56-54 set score at Korean V-League match
- Jamaica, Barbados surprise top teams for China chance
- Watch: The best of 2013 FIVB World Tour now online
- Egypt lead with second victory as Uganda register first win in World Champs qualifier
- Russian dominance ends as Brazil back at number one
- Level II coaches course gets underway in Mauritius
- One step forward for beach volleyball in Indonesia
- Egypt struggle past Kenya as Rwanda ease past Burundi in World Champs qualifier
- FIVB flourishes on Chinese social media
- Zorzi evaluates World Grand Champions Cup performances
- Volleyball workshop boosts sport in Palestine
- Media accreditation reminder for Durban Open
- Trinidad & Tobago host successful setter seminar
- Brazil win fourth World Grand Champions Cup title, Russia and Italy settle for silver and bronze
- Brazil, Russia, Italy all have a shot at Grand Champions Cup gold before last round
- With third straight victory Brazil cement their leadership at Men’s Grand Champions Cup
- Fans flock to FIVB's YouTube following historic Thailand win
- Coaches look forward to another three days of world-class volleyball
- Natalie Cook: "I'm looking forward to 2014 and beyond"
- Andrea Zorzi: 'Size and height aren’t Japan’s only problem'
- Afghanistan gives beach volleyball a jump-start
- Brazil only team with two victories as Grand Champions Cup moves to Tokyo
- Team Japan’s improvement will take time says former volleyball star Motoko Obayashi
- Iran captain says mentality has changed dramatically under Velasco’s leadership
- Andrea Zorzi reviews World Grand Champions Cup opening day
- FIVB and Rio 2016 collaborate to ensure spectacular Olympic Games
- Italy, Brazil, USA all start Men’s Grand Champions Cup on a high note