CEV launches inaugural Beach Volleyball Summer Festival
Luxembourg, May 27, 2013. In order to further develop Beach Volleyball by reaching young players throughout Europe, the CEV did recently establish the Beach Volleyball Summer Festival with two highlights coming up in the next weeks in the Netherlands and England respectively.
The beach of Scheveningen, Netherlands, will play host to one of two events included on the program of the inaugural CEV Beach Volleyball Summer Festival |
“The introduction of the Beach Volleyball Summer Festival does fulfil our intention to expand our development projects with the long-term goal to support the sport and get as many young people as possible introduced to Beach Volleyball” CEV President André Meyer says. “We are starting this ambitious project by supporting two youth festivals in the Netherlands and England. Though they differ in their concept, they share the same ultimate goal which is to make sure the young generations get to know Beach Volleyball and especially get to feel the uniqueness of this sport that has turned into one of the most successful and popular disciplines included on the Olympic program”.
As the Dutch Volleyball Federation (NeVoBo) will be hosting the 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championship in The Hague, the organizers have decided to attempt a world record in conjunction with that event, i.e. to set up 500 Beach Volleyball courts there in Scheveningen where amateur players will be able to compete and enjoy the unique flavour of this sport. This follows up on the very successful premiere celebrated last year by the time Scheveningen did host the European Beach Volleyball Championship – Final and with the support of CEV and Mikasa, the organizers aim at seeing the event grow in 2013 and 2014 to become the major Youth Beach Volleyball event in the Netherlands. The CEV will be supporting the festival – which is scheduled for June 15 – by providing Mikasa branded nets and Beach Volleyballs. The festival is not only addressed to young players but will be also developing the skills of sports teachers and coaches of clubs from all over the Netherlands. During the festival the Dutch Federation will organize a seminar for its youth Beach Volleyball coaches.
The second event included on the program of the inaugural CEV Beach Volleyball Summer Festival is the Sandbanks Beach Volleyball Festival scheduled for July 5-7 at Sandbanks Beach, Poole, England. A total of 20 separate age group and gender competitions – including the British Junior Beach Volleyball Championships and the English South West Regional Junior Beach Volleyball Championships – will be held there on 40 up to 45 courts on a natural sand beach.
The event – promoted by Volleyball England – follows up on the unique legacy of the London Olympics and is most likely to deliver new and committed Beach Volleyball players. Once the festival comes to a close, the balls and nets provided by CEV and its partner Mikasa will be used to support 3 key youth projects in the South West of England. One of such projects is part of a wider Volleyball academy being run by former GBR assistant coach Joel Banks with GBR Olympians Ben Pipes and Dan Hunter as the Volleyball coaches. A former FIVB World Tour player, Denise Austin, will be running a series of Junior King & Queen of the beaches on some of the UK’s best seaside resorts throughout the summer where nets and balls provided by CEV and Mikasa will be used too. Moreover, the technical equipment to be dispatched for the Sandbanks Summer Festival will be used also by the Wessex Volleyball Club to run Beach Volleyball sessions each evening and at weekends.
- FIVB World Tour resumes in Switzerland at Swatch FIVB Gstaad Major
- Brazil, China and USA complete weekend sweep in Group 1
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour season update following
FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships the Netherlands 2015
- Australians get second win in Group 1, Finns and Argentines grab 3-1 wins in Group 2
- Egypt win World League Group 3 Finals to advance in Group 2 next year
- Brazilian World Champions Show Improvement
- FIVB President applauds the Netherlands as beach volleyball embarks on new era
- Silver medal finish boasts Fernanda & Lima’s FIVB World Tour rankings
- FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix, Day 5: Brazil, China, USA all two-from-two in Group 1 to start 2015 tournament
- FIVB Volleyball World League Day 25 - USA secure top spot in Pool B, France finish Pool play with a perfect 12 wins
- Montenegro and Egypt to play for the gold in Group 3 Finals
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships Day Nine - As It Happened
- USA’s Brunner/Lucena Trying to Capture Magic from Season’s Past
- World Grand Prix in full swing with start of Groups 1 and 2
- World League highlights three superb five-setters on Day 24
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day Eight - As It Happened
- Brazilian Semifinal Victories Net Olympic Berth
- 50/50 chances for semifinal Holtwick/Semmler versus Lima/Fernanda
- Heartbreak for brave Bawden and Clancy at World Championships
- Australia competing to stay among volleyball's best
- World League Group 3 finalists have their say
- Smejkal: "Second place in pool D is our goal"
- Turkey hosts USA, Belgium, Italy in World Grand Prix
- Vercesi: "Securing a spot at the Finals remains our main objective"
- Getting Social: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day 7
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day Seven - As It Happened
- Brazil captures both quarterfinals Thursday in amazing Apeldoorn
- Day 23 sees Brazil and France extend their lead after both record straight sets victories
- Lucena and Brunner lead semifinals charges as Amsterdam closes for business
- Peru, Colombia, Cuba and Kazakhstan prepare for Pool P encounters in Trujillo
- U20 Drawing of Lots ceremony held in Puerto Rico
- Antiga: "We are now playing for a ticket to the Finals in Rio"
- Alluring Apeldoorn anxiously awaits awesome aria of Quarterfinals tonight
- Australia take on Serbia and Turkey play USA, live on YouTube
- Juliana and Maria Antonelli win Brazilian battle to advance
- Poland and USA prepare for Pool B climax
- Sanderson ready for emotional homecoming
- Qataris move on to quarter-finals
- World Grand Prix Pool A coaches expect challenging weekend
- Americans, Dutch, Germans & Russian Post Elimination Wins
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships Day Six - As It Happened
- Getting Social: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2015 Day 6
- Awesome Apeldoorn angst approaching Thursday’s Round of 16, quarterfinals
- Qataris upset the form book to advance in Amsterdam
- FIVB President congratulates Amsterdam on spectacular event
- World champs live stream opens
- Predictable Women Winners Wednesday
- Amiable Apeldoorn absolutely awesome area for elimination rounds
- Paraguay's Michelle/Filippo incredible experience in Apeldoorn
- Juliana and Larissa set up Amsterdam showdown