Drawing of Lots for Men’s U21 and Women’s U20 World Championships
Istanbul, Turkey, May 24, 2013 – The Drawing of Lots for the 2013 FIVB Volleyball Men’s U21 World Championship as well as the 2013 FIVB Volleyball Women’s U20 World Championship took place Friday in Istanbul, Turkey.
Russia will be looking to defend its title at the men's U21 Championship and Italy theirs in the women's U20 Championship.|
The 2013 FIVB Volleyball Men’s U21 World Championship is set to run from August 22 to September 1 in Ankara and Izmir (Turkey) while the 2013 FIVB Volleyball Women’s U20 World Championship will take place in Brno and Prostejov (Czech Republic) from June 21 to 30.
The process was supervised by FIVB second Executive Vice President and CEV President André Meyer and the ceremony was also attended by FIVB Executive Vice President and CEV Senior Vice President Aleksandar Boricic.
Turkish Volleyball Federation President Özkan Mutlugil, TVF Vice President Mehmet Akif Üstundag and TVF Board members Ahmet Göksu, Suat Güler and Bahar Mert Ücoklar were also in attendance as were members of Turkey’s junior men’s national team – Murat Yenipazar, Ali Berke Sagir and Ugur Günes.
Turkey was assigned to preliminary Pool A together with China, Egypt, India and Morocco; Pool B – whose matches will also take place at Baskent sports hall in Ankara – includes pre-seeded Argentina and Iran, plus Japan, Mexico and Estonia.
Pool C – to be played at Atatürk Sports Hall in Izmir – will feature Serbia and USA, plus the national teams of Tunisia, Canada and Rwanda. Pool D – also taking place in Izmir – will see Russia play Brazil, France, Venezuela and 2012 European champions Italy. The final weekend of the Championship will take place at Baskent Volleyball Hall in Ankara.
At the Drawing of Lots for the 2013 FIVB Volleyball Women’s U20 World Championship in the Czech republic the organisers were represented by the President and Secretary General of the Czech Volleyball Federation, Zdenek Hanik and Ivan Iro.
The hosts Czech Republic was assigned to Pool A together with the Dominican Republic, Peru, Chinese Taipei and Puerto Rico. Pool B includes the teams of China, Serbia, Japan, Thailand and Colombia. Pool C will see Brazil and USA play Mexico, Russia and Bulgaria while 2012 European champions Turkey were drawn to Pool D alongside Italy, Egypt, Algeria and Nigeria.
- Puerto Rico: “Soto-Man” makes experience count
- Talking Stats: FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour—July 29
- Medal winners return to Porto for the U19 World Championships
- Poland, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Bulgaria assume early pool leadership in World Grand Prix
- FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour update after 11 events
- Elisa Togut looks ahead to Women's World Championship
- Social Timeline: Golden fun in the Long Beach sun
- Social Timeline: New format, same excitement as 2014 Grand Prix begins
- Historic success for Mexico
- USA’s Dalhausser & Rosenthal net third 2014 World Tour gold
- Ross/Walsh Jennings capture women’s gold on home sand
- Back-to-back Larnaka gold for Poland’s Bryl and Kujawiak
- Four European teams keep spotless win-records in World Grand Prix
- Brazil to battle USA Sunday for Long Beach women’s gold
- Men’s Long Beach final between Poland, USA
- U21 World Championships in Larnaka down to last eight
- Collin cites competition
- Kenya stand as sole debutant winner on World Grand Prix opener
- Two USA duos along with Germany, Poland win quarterfinals Friday in Long Beach
- Women’s elite eight ready for quarterfinals and semis in Long Beach
- Top teams thrive at U21 World Championships
- Lima is ready for the World Grand Prix
- Akers applies authentic accentuate
- Africa Queens land in Mexico for FIVB World Grand Prix
- Mexico to stage first weekend of FIVB World Grand Prix Pool Q matches
- 24 Men’s teams set for Long Beach single-elimination rounds
- Women’s field reduced to 24 for single-elimination rounds in Long Beach
- Main draw of the FIVB U21 World Championships on its way
- Beach Volleyball under the Big “T.O.P.”
- World Grand Prix statistical preview: Brazil eye back-to-back titles
- 2014 FIVB World Grand Prix Media Guide online
- Peru intensify workouts ahead of World Grand Prix
- Kazakhstan bring in experience for World Grand Prix opening weekend in Almaty
- Argentina prepare for first weekend of World Grand Prix
- Five teams make their debuts as record-breaking FIVB World Grand Prix gets underway
- World Grand Prix: Bigger and better than ever
- 1986: USA bring a halt to East European dominance
- World League's top four USA, Brazil, Italy and Iran contribute to Dream Team
- 13 Women’s duos win first two of three rounds of Pool Play Wednesday at Alamitos Beach
- Men complete first of three rounds of Pool Play at Long Beach
- Researcher reaps rewards
- Eight qualification winners and five lucky losers make it into U21 main draw
- FIVB President holds FIVB Volleyball Women’s World Championship talks with JVA and TBS
- “Best ever”: USA and the sport of volleyball are winners as the FIVB World League celebrates its 25th anniversary
- Italian Prime Minister attends FIVB World League Finals in Florence
- ASICS World Series of Beach Volleyball, a $1,000,000 FIVB Grand Slam in Long Beach
- Finding Stars on Alamitos Beach
- Andrea Zorzi: Speed is at the heart of modern volleyball
- World League performances reshuffle world ranking
- Algeria to host Women's U18 and U23 African Nations Championships