Alison & Emanuel plan 2013 World Tour debut in Corrientes
Saquarema, Brazil, May 16, 2013 - The 2011 World Tour champions Alison Cerutti and Emanuel Rego are counting the days to their 2013 debut when they will take part in the Corrientes Grand Slam in Argentina, scheduled from May 21 to 26.
Alison and Emanuel and are all revved up to play in the Corrientes Grand Slam after missing out on the first two event of the season in Fuzhou and Shanghai due to Alison's injured little finger|
The pair did not take part in the Fuzhou Open in China or the Grand Slam in Shanghai at the beginning of the season owing to Alison’s injured little finger.
They have nevertheless been hard at work preparing for the Grand Slam at the Volleyball Development Centre in Saquarema with other athletes in the Brazilian national beach volleyball programme. Brazil’s heat wave has made their training sessions all the more intense but this has done nothing to dampen Alison and Emanuel’s excitement and confidence. They are still extremely focused and have admitted that it was difficult not to have played in the season’s opening tournaments.
"For me, I would have gone ahead and played in Shanghai. But on the advice of Emanuel and the entire coaching staff I was forced to stay calm. Injuries are part of any athlete’s career but it is also important to keep a level head and do what is right. My injury possibly came at the right moment and now we are even more motivated to represent Brazil well at the Grand Slam in Argentina,” said Alison.
Emanuel is currently the World Tour record holder having won a total of ten times. He has played with five different partners including Zé Marco (1996/1997), Loyola (1999), Tande (2001), Ricardo (2003-2007) and Alison (2011).
For Emanuel “focus” is the key word. "I will confess that we were prepared to go to Brasilia for the last leg of the 2012/2013 Circuit Bank of Brazil as well as for the first two events in China. Unfortunately, this accident happened with Alison, which set back out plans a little. But now is the time to make our debut and while we have had a less stressful time to date, we have still been very focused and motivated during our training sessions,” said Emanuel.
Aside from Alison and Emanuel, the other teams representing Brazil in the Corrientes Grand Slam are Bruno Schmidt/Peter Solberg, Ricardo/Alvaro Filho and Evandro/Vitor Felipe.
Maria Elisa/Agatha, Taiana/Talita, Lili/Barbara Seixas and Maria Clara/Carol will be representing Brazil at the Grand Slam in Corrientes. Following Larissa França’s retirement from professional beach volleyball, her former partner Juliana Felisberta has already begun training with the national team in Aryzão.
Juliana is the current World Tour champion and record holder in the tournament, with seven victories that she took with former partner Larissa from 2005 to 2007 and then 2009 to 2012. Juliana has been working with coach Marcos Miranda in preparation for her debut in the 2013 season and is also entered to compete at the Grand Slam in The Hague this June. Juliana – bronze medalist in the 2012 London Olympics – is scheduled to play with Maria Elisa, her partner since Larissa left the sands at the tournament in The Netherlands.
- Birarelli eyes successful Club World Championship comeback
- 2014 FIVB Beach Volleyball Media Guide now available
- Tianjin, Taipei enjoy second win in Asian Women’s Club Volleyball Championship
- Top players on form for clubs ahead of World League
- Tsvetan Sokolov dreams of becoming Bulgaria's champion with Marek one day
- Venezuelans back in tandem for Fuzhou Open
- Favourites have field day at Asia Volleyball Women’s Club Championship
- Makowski announces Polish 22 player roster for the year ahead
- Thailand and Iraq claim gold at latest Asian Beach Volleyball Tour event
- VolleyWorld reflects on a truly Italian affair with the Women’s World Championship Drawing of Lots
- England looks forward to hosting CEV Continental Cup tournament
- "ThrowbackThursday" recognizes anniversary of FIVB Constitutional Congress
- Poland announces men’s national team roster for 2014 season
- Wallace boosts Sada Cruzeiro ahead of Club World Championship
- FIVB Volleyball Men’s Club World Championship wild cards go to Trentino and Al-Rayyan
- Kids Beach Festival praised as fantastic experience
- Matin Varamin claim Asian Club Championship title, ticket to FIVB Men's Club Championship
- Baic Motor claim third spot with win over Kondensat-Zhaikmunay at Asian Men’s Club Championhip
- Beach Volleyball Seminar sets scene for season ahead
- Chinese Taipei finish fifth, host place seventh at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- Sierra Leone men and Rwanda women top podium of African qualifiers for Youth Olympic Games
- Al-Rayyan, Matin Varamin in finals of Asian Club Championship for ticket to FIVB Men's Club Championship
- Alison and Bruno continue impressive form
- FIVB World Tour champs hitting top form
- Sada Cruzeiro take Superliga title on their way to Club World Championship in May
- Serbian Beach Volleyball duo to celebrate FIVB Grand Slam debut in Shanghai
- Chinese Taipei, Iraq's South Gas Club Sports to fight for fifth place of Asian Men’s Club Champs
- Organisers of Moscow Grand Slam unveil plans for a memorable 2014 edition
- Kovac looking forward to getting to grips with Iranian national team
- Kondensat-Zhaikmunay, Matin Varamin, Al-Rayyan, Baic Motor cruise to semis of Asian club championship
- Argentina and Chile take gold in Tucuman stop of South American Beach Tour
- Zurich glory for Swiss and German duos
- Match times announced for FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Championship first round
- CEV President signs agreement with Danish Federation to establish Europe’s fifth Regional Volleyball Development Centre
- Field takes shape as more teams book ticket to Youth Olympic Games
- Watch skilled young athletes and training videos on FIVB Development YouTube
- Puerto Rican and American boys ticketed to Nanjing
- Puerto Rican and Canadian girls grab spots to Nanjing
- Top New Zealand pair out to boost beach volleyball’s profile before taking on world
- Volero Zurich leads national teams, as preparations begin for FIVB Women's Club Championship
- American duo breezes past opponents in day one in Carolina
- Canadian twins steal the show in Carolina
- South Gas Club Sports, Matin Varamin, Al-Rayyan, Baic Motor top their pools in Asian Club preliminary round
- Aussie pair takes important first step before FIVB World Tour
- Qatar, Vanuatu share honours at Khanom Asian Beach Volleyball Tour
- Al-Rayyan on course to a clean sweep in the preliminaries
- Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Qatar, China clubs remain unbeaten after Day 3 of Asian Men's Club Volleyball Championship
- FIVB stars on show as Swiss Tour gets underway
- Lases Cup comes to another successful end in Latvia
- Iran's Matin Varamin overcome Oita Miyoshi Weisse Adler at Asian Men’s Club Championship