Teams confirmed for Corrientes Grand Slam
Lausanne, Switzerland, May 8, 2013 – The teams for the second Grand Slam of the year – the Corrientes Grand Slam in Argentina – have been confirmed following the passing of the deadline for federations to make any changes.
Brazil's Alison Cerutti and Emanuel Rego hope to take part in the men's competition in Corrientes following Alison's injury at the beginning of the season|
Federations had until the end of Monday (Lausanne time) to confirm which of their teams would fill their respective national federation positions in the Corrientes Grand Slam Main Draw and Qualification tournaments, which will take place from May 22 to 26.
In the women’s competition the Dutch team of Sanne Keizer and Marleen van Iersel are ranked first followed closed by USA’s Jennifer Kessy and April Ross, Italy’s Greta Cicolari and Marta Menegatti and Germany’s Katrin Holtwick and Ilka Semmler.
Brazilian world champions Alison Cerutti and Emanuel Rego, who have registered to take part in the men’s competition following Alison’s hand injury, are ranked first followed by USA’s Sean Rosenthal and Phil Dalhausser, winners of the opening tournament of the year at the Fuzhou Open.
Silver medallists from the opening Grand Slam of the year - the Shanghai Grand Slam - Pedro Salgado and Bruno Schmidt of Brazil are ranked in joint third place with Italians Nicolai Paolo and Daniele Lupo.
The hosts Argentina have three teams in both the men’s and women’s draw. Olympians Maria Zonta and Ana Gallay are the highest ranked women in 21st, while Julian Azaad and Ian Mehamed occupy the same position in the men’s draw.
The actual seeding for the tournament will be confirmed following the Technical Meeting on the eve of the tournament. The seeding will be based on the sum of the individual rankings taking into consideration the status as at -21 days.
Due to the limited number of reserve teams, the FIVB has decided to offer such teams (after country quota) the chance to take part in the Qualification tournament for the Corrientes Grand Slam.
The Corrientes Grand Slam is the second of 10 Grand Slams which make up the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour which also includes the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships in Stare Jablonki, Poland from July 1 to 7.
The distribution of national federation vacancies in the Main Draw, Qualification and Reserve lists are based on federation ranking points which take into consideration the best six-out- of-the-last-eight results dating back 365 days on a player by player basis for the respective country.
FIVB NF Ranking - Women
Corrientes Grand Slam Women - Main Draw
Corrientes Grand Slam Women - Qualification
Corrientes Grand Slam Women - Reserve
FIVB NF Ranking - Men
Corrientes Grand Slam Men - Main Draw
Corrientes Grand Slam Men - Qualification
Corrientes Grand Slam Men - Reserve
FIVB Beach Volleyball Handbook 2013
- The ABCs of Beach Volleyball - Agatha, Barbara and Consistency
- Challenges Create Court Confidence
- Brazilian women capture 19th gold in South American Championship
- The Fan Zone - SWATCH Beach Volleyball FIVB World Tour Finals - Day 6
- FIVB World Tour 2016 starts in Mexico with FIVB Puerto Vallarta Open
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour update after Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals
- Brazilian Beach Clinic
- Brazil record 30th title win in South American Championship
- Talita & Larissa net gold medal & “richest” prize
- Russian claim back-to-back European titles to cement status as Europe's Volleyball Queens
- Evandro & Pedro rebound for bronze medal finish
- Track stars become Beach Volleyball fans
- FIVB President Graça launches '9 goals' strategic plan
- Russia and the Netherlands to clash for European crown
- Beach Volleyball Impressions - 1981 from southern California to now in south Florida
- USA win third consecutive NORCECA title
- The Fan Zone - Swatch Beach Volleyball FIVB World Tour Finals - Day 4
- Brazil, Germany and USA pairs net Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals bracket berths
- USA face Dominican Republic in NORCECA Women’s Championship final
- Women’s EuroVolley semis are set; Russia play Serbia, Oranjes take on Turkey
- Brazilian world champions featured Wednesday
- Lost in America
- Italy, Poland, Belgium and Germany complete line-up for women’s EuroVolley quarterfinals
- “Wild Card” Tuesday at SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- 2017 Beach Volleyball World Championships bidding process extended
- SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals - Revised Side Court Schedule
- A mum who sides out
- Congress preparations in full swing as President Graça visits FeVA
- Netherlands, Russia, Serbia and Turkey progress to women's EuroVolley quarterfinals
- $500,000 Swatch FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour Finals
this week in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
- Brazilian city of Maceio host South American tournament calendar highlight
- Puerto Rican Aury Cruz ties own scoring record
- Russia lead men’s U21 rankings
- Dominican Republic top women’s U20 rankings
- Japan host successful outreach programme
- 2015 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour season update after FIVB Xiamen Open
- Eight teams vie for South American Championship crown
- First FIVB World Tour gold for Switzerland's Heidrich/Zumkehr at Xiamen Open
- Milestone Saturday for Lucena & Dalhausser
- Zumkehr/Heidrich upset top seeds Wang/Yue to enter Xiamen Open semifinal
- Milestone gold medal for USA’s Lucena/Dalhausser in Xiamen Open
- Brazilian men stay top of FIVB World Ranking
- Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Participants Dalhausser & Lucena advance in China
- Latvia's Plavins/Regza storm to first FIVB World Tour semifinals at Xiamen Open
- Top seeds Yue/Wang unbeaten in pool play at Xiamen Open
- Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals participants beat the heat & humidity, stayin’ alive
- Nine berths still up for grabs as USA and Italy qualify for Rio
- Top seeds Wang/Yue off to good start in Main Draw at Xiamen Open
- President Graça praises outstanding World Cup
- Samoilovs/Smedins, Lucena/ Dalhausser reach last 16 at Xiamen Open