Teams confirmed for Corrientes Grand Slam
Lausanne, Switzerland, May 8, 2013 – The teams for the second Grand Slam of the year – the Corrientes Grand Slam in Argentina – have been confirmed following the passing of the deadline for federations to make any changes.
Brazil's Alison Cerutti and Emanuel Rego hope to take part in the men's competition in Corrientes following Alison's injury at the beginning of the season|
Federations had until the end of Monday (Lausanne time) to confirm which of their teams would fill their respective national federation positions in the Corrientes Grand Slam Main Draw and Qualification tournaments, which will take place from May 22 to 26.
In the women’s competition the Dutch team of Sanne Keizer and Marleen van Iersel are ranked first followed closed by USA’s Jennifer Kessy and April Ross, Italy’s Greta Cicolari and Marta Menegatti and Germany’s Katrin Holtwick and Ilka Semmler.
Brazilian world champions Alison Cerutti and Emanuel Rego, who have registered to take part in the men’s competition following Alison’s hand injury, are ranked first followed by USA’s Sean Rosenthal and Phil Dalhausser, winners of the opening tournament of the year at the Fuzhou Open.
Silver medallists from the opening Grand Slam of the year - the Shanghai Grand Slam - Pedro Salgado and Bruno Schmidt of Brazil are ranked in joint third place with Italians Nicolai Paolo and Daniele Lupo.
The hosts Argentina have three teams in both the men’s and women’s draw. Olympians Maria Zonta and Ana Gallay are the highest ranked women in 21st, while Julian Azaad and Ian Mehamed occupy the same position in the men’s draw.
The actual seeding for the tournament will be confirmed following the Technical Meeting on the eve of the tournament. The seeding will be based on the sum of the individual rankings taking into consideration the status as at -21 days.
Due to the limited number of reserve teams, the FIVB has decided to offer such teams (after country quota) the chance to take part in the Qualification tournament for the Corrientes Grand Slam.
The Corrientes Grand Slam is the second of 10 Grand Slams which make up the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour which also includes the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships in Stare Jablonki, Poland from July 1 to 7.
The distribution of national federation vacancies in the Main Draw, Qualification and Reserve lists are based on federation ranking points which take into consideration the best six-out- of-the-last-eight results dating back 365 days on a player by player basis for the respective country.
FIVB NF Ranking - Women
Corrientes Grand Slam Women - Main Draw
Corrientes Grand Slam Women - Qualification
Corrientes Grand Slam Women - Reserve
FIVB NF Ranking - Men
Corrientes Grand Slam Men - Main Draw
Corrientes Grand Slam Men - Qualification
Corrientes Grand Slam Men - Reserve
FIVB Beach Volleyball Handbook 2013
- FIVB Volleyball Men’s Club World Championship wild cards go to Trentino and Al-Rayyan
- Kids Beach Festival praised as fantastic experience
- Matin Varamin claim Asian Club Championship title, ticket to FIVB Men's Club Championship
- Baic Motor claim third spot with win over Kondensat-Zhaikmunay at Asian Men’s Club Championhip
- Beach Volleyball Seminar sets scene for season ahead
- Chinese Taipei finish fifth, host place seventh at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- Al-Rayyan, Matin Varamin in finals of Asian Club Championship for ticket to FIVB Men's Club Championship
- Alison and Bruno continue impressive form
- FIVB World Tour champs hitting top form
- Sada Cruzeiro take Superliga title on their way to Club World Championship in May
- Serbian Beach Volleyball duo to celebrate FIVB Grand Slam debut in Shanghai
- Chinese Taipei, Iraq's South Gas Club Sports to fight for fifth place of Asian Men’s Club Champs
- Organisers of Moscow Grand Slam unveil plans for a memorable 2014 edition
- Kovac looking forward to getting to grips with Iranian national team
- Kondensat-Zhaikmunay, Matin Varamin, Al-Rayyan, Baic Motor cruise to semis of Asian club championship
- Argentina and Chile take gold in Tucuman stop of South American Beach Tour
- Zurich glory for Swiss and German duos
- Match times announced for FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Championship first round
- CEV President signs agreement with Danish Federation to establish Europe’s fifth Regional Volleyball Development Centre
- Field takes shape as more teams book ticket to Youth Olympic Games
- Watch skilled young athletes and training videos on FIVB Development YouTube
- Puerto Rican and American boys ticketed to Nanjing
- Puerto Rican and Canadian girls grab spots to Nanjing
- Top New Zealand pair out to boost beach volleyball’s profile before taking on world
- Volero Zurich leads national teams, as preparations begin for FIVB Women's Club Championship
- American duo breezes past opponents in day one in Carolina
- Canadian twins steal the show in Carolina
- South Gas Club Sports, Matin Varamin, Al-Rayyan, Baic Motor top their pools in Asian Club preliminary round
- Aussie pair takes important first step before FIVB World Tour
- Qatar, Vanuatu share honours at Khanom Asian Beach Volleyball Tour
- Al-Rayyan on course to a clean sweep in the preliminaries
- Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Qatar, China clubs remain unbeaten after Day 3 of Asian Men's Club Volleyball Championship
- FIVB stars on show as Swiss Tour gets underway
- Lases Cup comes to another successful end in Latvia
- Iran's Matin Varamin overcome Oita Miyoshi Weisse Adler at Asian Men’s Club Championship
- President completes important SportAccord visit
- Brazil confirms Grand Slam event in September
- Polish Volleyball hero Mariusz Wlazly returns to national team
- Brazil's Mineirinho arena shaping up for a big month
- Philippines, Lebanon, Qatar, Kazakhstan, Chinese Taipei win on first day of Asian Club Championship
- Nakhon Pathom ready to host Asian Women’s Club Championship
- Puerto Rico hosts NORCECA Final Qualifiers to Nanjing
- Germany’s mentor Vital Heynen shares goals and vision ahead of international season
- Rules of the Game Volleyball Case Book available for download
- Underdogs hope to pull off surprises in Asian Men's Club Championship
- One million dollars in prize money up for grabs at Transavia and Long Beach Grand Slams
- Palestine stages mini-volleyball festival in Bethlehem
- Venezuela and Paraguay take gold in third stage of Youth Olympic Games qualification
- Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Thailand claim two berths apiece for Nanjing Youth Olympics
- Celebrating the power of sport