FIVB President calls CEV premises a role-model
Luxembourg city, Luxembourg, May 4, 2013 – “Our international volleyball family and all other Continental Confederations shall be inspired by what CEV has achieved,” FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F° said while attending the opening of the state-of-the-art premises owned by CEV in Luxembourg City. “I do invite Europe’s volleyball family to share their success story with all our friends from the other continents so that they can learn from your experience” he added.
FIVB President Dr. Ary S. Graça F°, CEV President André Meyer and their respective spouses standing in front of the state-of-the-art CEV premises in Luxembourg City |
“I am very glad to be here in this lovely city and country” the FIVB President said, “but most of all I am happy to attend this ceremony. As Mr. Meyer stressed in his opening address, you finally have got your own home. We all know that it is extremely important and a good feeling to have a place you can call your home, where you can come back and enjoy that atmosphere every human being is by nature longing for. I can only but congratulate the CEV President and all of you, national federations, for the remarkable achievements of the past years and urge you to be keen to share that know-how with other continents similarly to what Europe did in the past in other business fields. Today CEV is somehow writing history” he said, “for it is the only one among the five Continental Confederations to own its premises. Apart from this, I am just thrilled with the quality of this property and the outstanding working conditions the staff and also all officials will enjoy once they gather here for the good of our sport”.
The main features of this building that is already well-known in Luxembourg City by its house number – 488 – were discussed by Marc Clees, one of the architects who contributed to its general concept.
“This property stands out for its low-energy consumption, innovative design, comfort, and also for the raw materials used for its construction. It definitely suits to the needs and quintessence of a sports organization, whose ambition is to remain loyal to its roots and take up the challenges ahead at the same time. It is an outstanding mix between tradition and innovation”.
“Congratulations to the CEV and its President” concluded Dr. Graça who enjoyed the opportunity to have a short tour of the CEV premises accompanied by Mr. Meyer. “What we see here is an exclusive real estate with first-class facilities; a real role-model for the rest of the world to look at”.
For further information visit www.cev.lu
- Brazil remain on top of men’s world ranking after gold finish in Rio 2016
- Olympic champions China reach top spot in women’s world ranking
- Brazil’s Pedro/Evandro win battle of Olympians over USA for gold at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross overcome Spain’s Lili/Elsa for gold medal at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Latvia’s Samoilovs/Smedins roar to bronze medal win at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Germany’s Sude/Laboureur capture bronze medal at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Olympians from Brazil and USA to battle for gold Medal Sunday at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross vs. Spain’s Lili/Elsa for women’s gold medal Sunday at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Brazil, Italy, Latvia and USA earn men's semifinal spots Saturday at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/ Ross leading women’s field to Saturday semis at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Italy’s Rangheiri/Caminati win twice Friday to earn quarterfinal spot at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Hughes/Claes enjoy ‘summer school’ on the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour
- Latvia’s Samoilovs/Smedins win their pool 3-0 on Thursday
- Spain’s Fernandez/Baquerizo lead six 3-0 women’s duos to elimination rounds
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross enjoy two home sand wins Wednesday in Long Beach
- USA Olympians Lucena/Dalhausser start quickly at Long Beach Grand Slam
- Trips to Toronto at stake in Long Beach
- Press review: Volleyball still making headlines after rumble in Rio
- Brazil’s George/Thiago progress to main draw at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Larsen/Flint among eight women qualifiers for main draw at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Priddy completes fourth Olympics with pride
- Joy and gratitude for silver medallists Agatha and Barbara
- Serginho highlights role of libero with Rio 2016 MVP award
- Press review: Brazil crowned in spectacular Olympic finale
- MVP Zhu Ting celebrates Chinese team spirit
- Alison and Bruno split gold medal with coach
- From Rio to Tokyo, the countdown for 2020 is on!
- Social media heats up as Brazil top volleyball world
- For USA’s Lee, “Tokyo no, World Championships yes, if they will have me!”
- 2016 FIVB World Tour regular season finale in USA at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam in SoCal
- Tetyukhin's quarter-century Olympic journey comes to tearful end
- Lang Ping becomes first person in volleyball to win Olympic gold as player and coach
- China ride wave of fans' support to gold
- Volleyball men's top guns set for final battle in Rio
- Social media takes Maracanazinho women's medal match drama around the globe
- Dutchmen “floating” home to meet the "King"! Then Toronto?
- Sloetjes rises above disappointment, looks ahead to Tokyo 2020
- Women's Rio 2016 final an all-female affair
- Europeans showing no gap exists with traditional powers
- This is what it's all about: The medals of Rio 2016
- 16 days of Volleyball House activity ends in true Rio style
- Kiraly “phenomenal feeling” after winning fifth Olympic medal
- Video: The Today Show’s take on Bossaball
- Order rules as referees visit Volleyball House
- 2016 FIVB World Tour update after Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Magic of Copacabana takes over social media
- Unique Maracanazinho semifinal atmosphere captured on social media
- Rematches of Athens 2004 for gold and bronze in Rio 2016
- Medal time is here for women’s tournament
- FIVB delivers impressive sports presentation masterclass at Rio 2016 Olympic Games