Girls' U18 Pan American Cup begins in Guatemala
Guatemala city, Guatemala, April 29, 2013 – The U18 Girls’ Pan American Cup is set to begin as the city of Guatemala welcomes eight teams for the competition that kicks-off today.
Argentina are looking to defend their title at the second Girls' Pan American Cup|
Defending champions Argentina along with Brazil, Dominican Republic and Peru in Pool A have already qualified for the 2013 FIVB World Championship in Thailand. Hosts Guatemala as well as Chile, Colombia and Puerto Rico in Pool B will battle for the last ticket available to this year’s World Championship event.
Puerto Rico and Colombia will play the opening match of the tournament while defending champions Argentina will follow with their first international match of the season against Peru.
With this formula, the four teams in Pool A will proceed to the elimination round and the two first teams will qualify directly for the semi-finals. The third and fourth ranked teams will play against the best two teams of Pool B for the other
A preliminary inquiry and the General Technical Meeting chaired by Cristobal Marte Hoffiz was held on Sunday. Guillermo Caceres, coach of the Argentine team shared his expectation for the tournament, saying “This is the perfect timing to prepare for the World Championship without leaving behind the importance of the event. Our goal is to reach the semifinals knowing there are very strong teams.”
The U18 Girls’ Pan American cup will conclude on May 5.
- Bidding process for 2017 World League Finals launched
- Ricardo and Andre win Brazil Tour opener
- World Championship beckons for Dominican Republic, Argentina and Cuba after U23 Pan Am Cup
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- “It’s been a long season”
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League
- SWATCH birthday present awaits Bansley?
- Rio 2016 stars to descend on Manila for Club World Champs
- Toronto becomes the “Capital of Beach Volleyball”
- As the Mikasa Turns - Bansley & Pavan "split" conversation
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup
- TALKIN’ STATS: Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Preview
- Toronto's Tuesday Trial - Pavan’s pristine picture?
- Smashed, tied, revised or still standing: The Records of Rio 2016