President Graça at Peru Olympic Museum of Sport opening
Lima, Perú, April 25, 2013 - The President of the International Volleyball Federation (FIVB) Dr. Ary S. Graça F was present at the inauguration of the Peruvian the Olympic Museum of Sport, located in Peru's National Stadium, on Thursday.
President Graça, with Peruvian Volleyball Federation President Mr Luis Linares and ex-volleyball players Lelya Chihuan and Cecilia Tait, is in Peru from Thursday to Saturday as part of the 15th World Conference of the IOC Sport for All|
The ceremony was attended by the leading figures of Peruvian volleyball among which highlighted the presence of congresswomen and ex-volleyball players Lelya Chihuan, Cecilia Tait and Cenaida Uribe as well as Olympic medallists in Seoul 88 Rosa Garcia and Denise Fajardo.
The opening ceremony of the Olympic Museum of Peruvian Sport included a book OLIMPICA written by the Peruvian journalist Patrick Espejo, which provided a summary of the history of the Olympics Games.
The Olympic Museum of Sport is a place that honours the history of world sport. It features a photo gallery, posters of the Olympic Games, medals, badges and artefacts from the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
President Graça, who is a member of the IOC Sport for All Commission, is in Peru from Thursday to Saturday as part of the 15th World Conference of the IOC Sport for All and used his stay in Lima - Peru to attend the weekend at the end of the Peruvian Volleyball League.
- Iran, Japan, China, Chinese Taipei reach AVC Cup semifinals
- Angela Leyva in rising orbit ahead of 2017 Grand Prix Group 2
- Ricardo and Andre win Brazil Tour opener
- World Championship beckons for Dominican Republic, Argentina and Cuba after U23 Pan Am Cup
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- “It’s been a long season”
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada
- Olympic final rematch confirmed as 2017 World League draw completed
- Quality and consistency key to success of a global World League
- SWATCH birthday present awaits Bansley?
- Rio 2016 stars to descend on Manila for Club World Champs
- Toronto becomes the “Capital of Beach Volleyball”
- As the Mikasa Turns - Bansley & Pavan "split" conversation
- Argentina win U23 Men’s Pan American Cup
- TALKIN’ STATS: Swatch FIVB World Tour Finals Preview
- Toronto's Tuesday Trial - Pavan’s pristine picture?