CEV Referee Delegates get together in Antalya to develop processes and procedures for the good of Beach Volleyball refereeing
Antalya, Turkey, April 5, 2013 - As the CEV Satellite tournament is approaching its climax with the second day of action in the Main Draw, the CEV Beach Volleyball Referee Delegates got together there in Antalya on Friday under the leadership of ERC President Dr. Jan Rek to share their knowledge and experiences as well as to develop common procedures they will be sticking to throughout a busy 2013 season.
The CEV Beach Volleyball Referee Delegates together with ERC President Jan Rek and the President of the Turkish Volleyball Federation, Özkan Mutlugil |
The group – pictured together with TVF President Özkan Mutlugil – includes ERC member Oana Sarb (ROU), plus CEV Referee Delegates Heinz Tschumi (SUI), Geir Dahle (NOR), Joep van Iersel (NED), Jeff Brehaut (ENG), David Cox (NOR), Marc Berard (FRA) and Bert van der Heul (NED).
As part of the CEV’s mission to control and improve the level of refereeing in Beach Volleyball the European Refereeing Commission (ERC) is organizing this weekend another of its very successful European Beach Volleyball Referee seminars. One of the key subjects of the seminar will be the new rules and their philosophy thereby sharing the very latest FIVB guidelines and instructions.
This year’s seminar is open to one person per country responsible for the education of elite Beach Volleyball referees or to an active or former international Beach Volleyball referee.
A total of 27 countries have registered for the seminar with four – Bosnia & Herzegovina, England, Poland and Russia – being represented by a female delegate, thereby confirming the encouraging legacy resulting from the actions promoted by CEV to support the active involvement of female referees in their respective national Volleyball and Beach Volleyball families.
Prior to the official Beach Volleyball Referee seminar the Referee Delegates together with the ERC President, Dr. Jan Rek, came together in Antalya to discuss the development and assignments of Beach Volleyball referees in Europe. The objective is to make use of the well-developed procedures and experiences within Volleyball to put into place an equally efficient process for assessing, assigning and developing Beach Volleyball referees in CEV. In addition there was a goal to bring together a better understanding and application of the rules within Volleyball and Beach Volleyball.
The seminar was very successful and all participants are dedicated to ensuring the positive implementation of these processes, assessments, assignments and developments.
- Brazil remain on top of men’s world ranking after gold finish in Rio 2016
- Olympic champions China reach top spot in women’s world ranking
- Brazil’s Pedro/Evandro win battle of Olympians over USA for gold at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross overcome Spain’s Lili/Elsa for gold medal at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Latvia’s Samoilovs/Smedins roar to bronze medal win at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Germany’s Sude/Laboureur capture bronze medal at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Olympians from Brazil and USA to battle for gold Medal Sunday at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross vs. Spain’s Lili/Elsa for women’s gold medal Sunday at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Brazil, Italy, Latvia and USA earn men's semifinal spots Saturday at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/ Ross leading women’s field to Saturday semis at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Italy’s Rangheiri/Caminati win twice Friday to earn quarterfinal spot at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Hughes/Claes enjoy ‘summer school’ on the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour
- Latvia’s Samoilovs/Smedins win their pool 3-0 on Thursday
- Spain’s Fernandez/Baquerizo lead six 3-0 women’s duos to elimination rounds
- USA’s Walsh Jennings/Ross enjoy two home sand wins Wednesday in Long Beach
- USA Olympians Lucena/Dalhausser start quickly at Long Beach Grand Slam
- Trips to Toronto at stake in Long Beach
- Press review: Volleyball still making headlines after rumble in Rio
- Brazil’s George/Thiago progress to main draw at FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- USA’s Larsen/Flint among eight women qualifiers for main draw at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam
- Priddy completes fourth Olympics with pride
- Joy and gratitude for silver medallists Agatha and Barbara
- Serginho highlights role of libero with Rio 2016 MVP award
- Press review: Brazil crowned in spectacular Olympic finale
- MVP Zhu Ting celebrates Chinese team spirit
- Alison and Bruno split gold medal with coach
- From Rio to Tokyo, the countdown for 2020 is on!
- Social media heats up as Brazil top volleyball world
- For USA’s Lee, “Tokyo no, World Championships yes, if they will have me!”
- 2016 FIVB World Tour regular season finale in USA at $800,000 FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam in SoCal
- Tetyukhin's quarter-century Olympic journey comes to tearful end
- Lang Ping becomes first person in volleyball to win Olympic gold as player and coach
- China ride wave of fans' support to gold
- Volleyball men's top guns set for final battle in Rio
- Social media takes Maracanazinho women's medal match drama around the globe
- Dutchmen “floating” home to meet the "King"! Then Toronto?
- Sloetjes rises above disappointment, looks ahead to Tokyo 2020
- Women's Rio 2016 final an all-female affair
- Europeans showing no gap exists with traditional powers
- This is what it's all about: The medals of Rio 2016
- 16 days of Volleyball House activity ends in true Rio style
- Kiraly “phenomenal feeling” after winning fifth Olympic medal
- Video: The Today Show’s take on Bossaball
- Order rules as referees visit Volleyball House
- 2016 FIVB World Tour update after Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Magic of Copacabana takes over social media
- Unique Maracanazinho semifinal atmosphere captured on social media
- Rematches of Athens 2004 for gold and bronze in Rio 2016
- Medal time is here for women’s tournament
- FIVB delivers impressive sports presentation masterclass at Rio 2016 Olympic Games