Historic Board of Administration meeting begins in Lausanne
Lausanne, Switzerland, April 4, 2013 – The first FIVB Board of Administration meeting under the presidency of Dr. Ary S. Graça F° officially opened at the FIVB headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland on Thursday.
The FIVB Board of Administration is meeting properly for the first time under the presidency of Dr. Ary S. Graça F°|
The two-day meeting, which includes the presence of FIVB Honorary Life President Mr Jizhong Wei and Honorary Executive Vice President and Board of Administration member Mr Theofanis Tsiokris, will see the Board focus on the proposals of the FIVB Commissions, which were reviewed by the FIVB Executive Committee on Wednesday, while also evaluating key ways to modernise the FIVB and the sport of volleyball.
President Graça opened the meeting by emphasising the important role each of the Board members have. “Your presence is very important, we created a base with Mr Wei, from now on though, it depends on us, it depends on you.
“Today we must compete with other sports. We must modernise, innovate and change. It is all about participation - in this meeting and also on the court. We must believe what is going to be the future.
“There is a lot of work to do so we can’t sit still. We must give opportunities all over the world. Like that we will reach our goals.”
Mr Wei also addressed the members: “Thank you for keeping me active in this family. But I am very happy to transfer the FIVB responsibility to a new team led by Dr. Ary Graça.
“During my time as FIVB President I didn’t bring any new principles, all these new principles were already in your mind for a long time. I helped make them public.
“Under the leadership of Dr. Ary Graça you will start a new era of the FIVB. It is time to accept this new concept.”
Since the election of President Graça at the FIVB Congress in Anaheim, USA in September, the new Board of Administration met briefly during the Congress but this week's two-day meeting is the first fully-fledged Board of Administration meeting.
- 35th FIVB Congress to open in period of unprecedented growth for volleyball
- Eczacibasi celebrate golden anniversary ahead of Club Worlds
- Official FIVB World Congress website now open
- Buenos Aires to welcome Volleyball Your Way festival
- Preparations in full swing at PSL Manila
- Galaxy of Olympic stars in 2016-17 Brazil Superleagues
- Brilliant Barbara, Fabulous Fernanda newest Brazilian beach duo
- Iran, China to clash in final of Men's AVC Cup
- Olympic champs Ludwig and Walkenhorst aiming for new heights
- Iran, Japan, China, Chinese Taipei reach AVC Cup semifinals
- 2017 World League Finals bidding process launched
- Angela Leyva in rising orbit ahead of 2017 World Grand Prix Group 2
- Ricardo and Andre win Brazil Tour opener
- World Championship beckons for Dominican Republic, Argentina and Cuba after U23 Pan Am Cup
- Talita/Larissa win gold at Brazil’s National Tour season opener
- Ahead of 2017 Grand Prix European squads excel in continental qualifiers
- Trentino 4th in Italian Supercup ahead of Club Worlds
- World League hopefuls all advance to European Championship finals
- China, Iran top preliminary-round pools in AVC Cup
- Ze Roberto to stay on as coach of Brazil women's team
- Walsh Jennings entering the “unknown”
- At 34, Isabelle Forrer wraps up a glittering career
- Change of guard for Venezuela's men's National Team after departure of Nacci
- One month on, Rio in our hearts
- China confirm Olympic supremacy with Asian Cup title
- Men's Club World Championship takes on Olympic flavour as rosters are unveiled
- Looking back: China win Olympic gold
- Notable retirements at the SWATCH FIVB World Tour Finals
- Beach volleyball players explore Toronto
- Where do beach volleyball players keep their Olympic medals?
- Olympic champions seeking SWATCH Finals validation
- “Johnny Hyden, young and getting younger.”
- Germans not thinking about the money
- High Stakes on Polson Pier Saturday
- How Aleksandrs “The Lion King” Samoilovs earned his nickname
- Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis watches beach volleyball match
- Epic women's SWATCH semifinals set
- Brazil, Canada, Latvia and Poland post final men's SWATCH pool wins
- Women’s elimination matches highlight Friday’s SWATCH Finals schedule
- Beach volleyball venue earning rave reviews in Toronto
- German gals add drama to their talent
- Polish Pride on Polson Pier
- Busy Beach Volleyball schedule for Polson Pier Thursday
- Hyden's clock still ticking in Toronto
- Brazilians, Canadians & Swiss post opening women’s SWATCH Finals wins
- 2017 World Grand Prix draw completed - Olympic champions China to play silver medallists Serbia in Week 3
- Increase in teams and record prize money headlines World Grand Prix Council meeting
- Referee preparation programme praised
- FIVB Volleyball House wins award for best hospitality house of Olympic Games in Legacy category
- Beach Volleyball vibes in Canada